Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Probelm With Frost, De Please Look At This Thread(Warning Wall Of Text)

Zarlockk

DE, if you looking at this thank you, hope you will understand everything i mean.

First I would like to make analysis of old and new Frost.

Old Frost

Did not have very good damage output but could be able to kill Corpus until lvl 30-40 with Focused on power build. This was very unreliable so he was considered as 1 trick pony with Snowglobe which was scaling ability of sort as it did not depend on enemys level, it depended on duration abilitys, size and how much Frost can spam it.

New Frost

Now his never used freeze is sort of better but i did not notice any aoe. Slow from Ice Wave being now 100% proc chance to slow gave him now some utility but including fact that enemys can shoot you does not make much use of it but it is still some utility. Avalanche now is way better for 2 reasons. 1st reason being that it makes enemys to freeze what is a lot of utility and making it have instant almost animation makes it very good CC, damage is nice as well, I managed to kill most of not Tech corpus units until level 50 with corrupted power/efficiency build. NOW most important: Snowglobe. Depends on POWER, Duration and how much Frost can use it

Lets do some maths now.

Base HP of globe when maxed = 3500 HP

Duration = 30 seconds

Cost = 50 energy

Lets say We use power build to maximise HP of snowglobe. 3500 + 0.3 x 3500 + 0.99 x 3500 = 8015 HP

But in this case our energy cost will increase so it will be 50 + 50 x 0.55 = 77.5 energy 

So far we have 77.5 energy cost 8015 hp snowglobe assuming blind rage and focus are maxed. Frost got base 150 energy at rank 30 so he can cast only 2 times, including how rare energy orbs are now without couple of energy siphons and Trinitys Energy Vampire he will have problems using it, so we have to fix that. We add Flow to increase energy pool to 300. Now we can use it 4 times. This sounds ok but enemys scale very fast at high levels over lvl 30 and more people in squad more enemys so 8015 hp is not enough. we need to fix that by adding energy efficiency mods now, so streamline goes in. But it does not cancel out Blind Rage yet, there is yet negative 25% efficiency which makes energy cost 62.5 energy per cast. This makes him able to use it only 5 times now, need few more energy but lets suppose Energy siphon provides it therefore 6 casts. 

What do we have so far: Blind Rage, Focus, Flow, Streamline. Thats 4 out of 6 non ability slots and we have no polarity needed fro blind rage and focus, 2 very expensive mods. 1 Polarity for Flow/Streamline. We have unused D polarity 1 empty slot and 3 unused ability slots. So far we can see that snowglobe is unsustainable at higher levels and polarities as well as number of mod slots act against us. We need more efficiency so we add Fleeting Expertise but now we have negative 60% duration. However Our Snowglobe now cost only 32.5 energy. So we can use 9 12 seconds long Snowglobes. This brings us to total of 108sec/72135HP snowglobe for our 300 energy pool. Sounds alright for most waves but we cant waste entire energy pool for short snowglobes. Lets add....Here comes problem, we have D slot and 3 ability polarities...hmm what shall we do? Lets put narrow minded into D now we get 41.7 seconds long Snowglobe.

Lets see how much energy all this cost on no forma Frost:

Blind Rage(16)+Focus(11)+narrow minded(8 polarity slot)+Flow(9)+Fleeting Expertise(6 polarity Slot)+Streamline(9)+Snowglobe(5 polarity slot) = 64 mod points. Assuming we have Reactor and Right polarity Aura our limit is 74 so we have 10 points left. So far we have power, a bit of extra duration REDUCED BY 66% AOE, energy efficiency and energy pool for using Snowlobe. We dont have Any utility/Survivability. I personally don't use Maxed Blind rage mine is rank 8 so 2 points cheaper and Narrow MInded is rank 8 as well so it is 1 point cheaper what makes Cost of 61 point. I am Using Frost Prime and have 1 Forma in him, all i can add to this is maxed Redirection for Shields and Wrong polarity Stretch to counteract negative AoE.

Result Typical Player With Reactor only on Frost with other frames who might get affected by corrupted mods therefore not maxing some will have will have Snowglobe with

7385HP 

36.3 sec duration

27.5 Energy cost

-55% AoE (Almost no AoE)

and Base Stats

450 Shield

300 Health

300 Energy

My Frost Prime with 1 Forma will have Snowglobe

7385 HP

36.3 Sec duration

-10%aoe

Base Stats

1110 Shields

300 Health

300 Energy

Note: on Frost no forma I used 6 mods and 1 ability on Prime with forma 8 mods 1 ability.

Conclusion

You not only made snowglobe useless in late game so Veterans cant use Frost in Endless defence any more but also made it way harder for new players. In addition to that you forcing us to forma ability slots to avoid big negative penalties. Also we dont have enough slots for Efficiency,Size,Power and Duration. You asking us put every ability affecting mod on a single frame. Also we dont know what will you do with his other abilities in future so it is a risk to forma ability slots. You turned him From defence Frame into Caster Frame, Yet faction which he is good against is more scared of starting Frame Mag than Volt/Frost.

You did mention that you wanted to make other frames more viable, i agree on this but... I am also a DOTA 2 player for several years and what is good about it is that, IceFrog(man who own dota and works on creating and balancing heroes) if he sees that hero is overpowered but everyone like him way he is despite being op, he does not nerf him, he buffs other heroes making those other heroes more equal to the 1 who is overpowered unless that hero is tottaly overpowered. And if hero is too bad and counts trash he REWORKS them maintaining the theme of hero. 

Can you do the same DE? I hope you did manage to read everything and see the problems you caused. And please stop listening to everybody whining about things like Frost Boring, Nova OP and others cause if it goes like this, soon we will have every CC frame nerfed and exclusive weapons nerfed. People who are long in game do realise that every frame/weapon has its own time and situations they shine. Before using Nerf Hammer please do make analysis and ask older members of community(veterans/Design Council) if it is needed. So as I mentioned earlier better use Galatine of Buffing on other Frames rather than using Nerf Hamer on others.

For those who say game is too easy: This is not DarkSouls and challenge is in high wave endless survivals and defences not standard missions

Avalanche has less CC than it did due to the fact that enemies are thawed by the damage at the end of your animation and the animation is now shorter. If you are seeing it leaving enemies frozen after your casting animation it is a bug caused by increasing power range, which hurts the effectiveness of Snow Globe.

Congrats you now get to deal with the same problems nearly every other frame gets to deal with. Powers not scaling at all is the norm and they all totally die off past level 50. Not gonna say its good, but Frost's powers now follow the norm.

They honestly need to change that freeze CC getting affected by damage, that was always a stupid design choice.