Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handspring Revamp / Active Recovery

Deidaku

This is one of those things that I felt like should have been in the game from the very first day I started playing it.

This is the way I imagine it working.

If you get knocked down, then as you hit the ground from the knock down, you have a small window to either press Jump to do a quick recovery, or Melee to do a quick (but slower) small AoE stagger. If you have a directional key held down and you use the 1st option (jump), then you will do a roll as you hit the ground in that direction.

If you miss the timing or you hit it too early, then you're forced to wait out the whole recovery. If you're holding a directional key before you start getting up, your character will roll in that direction to get up. Perhaps allow you to still do the small AoE stagger as you get up at the end if you choose to instead by holding down melee before your character starts getting up.

I would also make Scorpion pulls immune to this, because the wire pull is literally what makes them unique. Shield Lancers and heavys and whatever else have other unique attributes to them and are simply knock downs.

Something like that?

Aim (hold RMB), press direction key (A or D) and quickly press shift (or whatever you have set just for Roll). Doesn't look as fancy as in the video, but that move is already in the game. We're asking for a new one when you are knocked down - basically a keyboard command you can use instead of Handspring.

I think a recovery system would be a good idea as well

thanks you :) 

Especially when time is at stake , you want to revive a teammate but you're hit by a lancer...and take too long to get up , teammate dies D:

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to this bro. Nice work, I think this would be very helpful.  We're lacking in the "true ninja" because their tilesets don't allow for the parkour they have implemented very well anyway.  i.e. Go to Kappa, Sedna. You'll use Parkour like 2 times.  The Galleon is tiny and no real places for parkour. The Corpus Outpost has things too far away, so you can't wallrun + Walljump between them. The Corpus ship has several good parkour places, but it has the same issue as the Galleon. Too small, not enough places to do parkour. THey need to make up for this lack of parkour with these true ninja moves!!!!!  Real ways to ninja-whoop Grineer asses that set skilled players apart from noobs, because if I gave someone my account that had never played before, they would be just as much of a badass with rhino prime and all the good weapons as I am! I neeeed these more skilled things in the game that allow for powerful counter-attacks that need skill to execute.

Thank you for reading my paragraph-long rant about how this needs to be implemented haha

+1 to this bro. Nice work, I think this would be very helpful.  We're lacking in the "true ninja" because their tilesets don't allow for the parkour they have implemented very well anyway.  i.e. Go to Kappa, Sedna. You'll use Parkour like 2 times.  The Galleon is tiny and no real places for parkour. The Corpus Outpost has things too far away, so you can't wallrun + Walljump between them. The Corpus ship has several good parkour places, but it has the same issue as the Galleon. Too small, not enough places to do parkour. THey need to make up for this lack of parkour with these true ninja moves!!!!!  Real ways to ninja-whoop Grineer asses that set skilled players apart from noobs, because if I gave someone my account that had never played before, they would be just as much of a badass with rhino prime and all the good weapons as I am! I neeeed these more skilled things in the game that allow for powerful counter-attacks that need skill to execute.

Thank you for reading my paragraph-long rant about how this needs to be implemented haha

Don't forget wall attack! They're cool  but so hard to execute and badly designed that running and gunning is still more efficient :/

And thank you for your feedbac!

I really wish they had this mechanic, its almost necessary for a game of this type.

But seriously, Why are we not funding this???

+1

THey'd better be.....our combos are gonna be screwed otherwise  + we can see the same mechaninc in Jedi Knight academy

Of course, it might render Handspring/Constitution and Sure Footed/Fortitude more or less obsolete.

I dont think they need to become obsolete. Instead modify their purpose. Instead of a quicker recovery animation, how bout it widens the time window to perform one of the recoveries instead? Course the chance to resist knock down from Sure Footed/ Fortitude would still be a little valuable, But they could instead be mods that resist melee interruption? Really annoying when Im charging an attack and all it takes is a prod smack to cancel my charge.

I would only like it

if it wasnt a mod

and just an innate thing we can do

that's the point . if it was a  mod it would suffer the same fate as the other utility mods like maglev, handspring intruder and so on ....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i dont wanna sound mean or anything, but how come every idea here gets backup by some random anime clip ?

I like the idea btw.

Anime are more action focused and have more gifs on the internet

+it's not random it's Samurai champloo XD it's good watch it >:]