Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handspring Revamp / Active Recovery

Deidaku

Or, as I said, you could have the option to either do it yourself (with added benefits, like a certain amount of damage reflection even without the mod) or leave it to the mods.

No not the mods oh god XD

These would fall in the category of usless like intruder or maglev .

It has to be an innate thing like blocking 

I'm not too sure about this TBH, I personally don't mind the current revive/recovery system and I'm not sure about a change like this, it seems too easy to revive.

This has nothing to do with revive my man.

It's about when you get knocked down by a heavy or a bomb or a shield enemy X)

Like this

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3426412447532129290/41BA705E36663835856853C1FA072E9B95089344/

Edited by Deidaku

We don't need a faster recovery time, we don't need warframe to be any easier then it already is. If you hate being stunlocked then stop being stupid and dodge out of attacks you know will knock you down. There is a reason we have the dodge mechanic...

We don't need a faster recovery time, we don't need warframe to be any easier then it already is. If you hate being stunlocked then stop being stupid and dodge out of attacks you know will knock you down. There is a reason we have the dodge mechanic...

Sorry, I really don't think that's a good enough solution. Yes, we need more dodging (a la the trailers for warframe), but we need a wider range of skills to encourage skill based play.

You really don't get it , dodging is fine  ,  It's recovery the problem.

Don"t telll me you never got killed because a shield lancer hit you , removed your shields and the other mobs finished you off .on the ground while you're powerless.

The warframes are stronger than that so having them just lay on the ground like that is wrong.

Warframes isn"t that easy , at least for veterans , 

Please be constructive 

Despite OP's posting of this in February, it looks like they forgot.

Also, Scott was caught with his pants down when asked about it in devstream 26.  Go check it out when he's fighting the room full of level 11 Grineer that requires him to consistently dev-grant himself full HP instead of going down like 5 times.

Waiting for melee 2.1 already :/

Go back to GW2

Dodge rolling doesn't make you immune to damage or knockdown effects.

Now that I think about it...they may just hotfix that and make this Guild Warframes 2...meh :/

Despite OP's posting of this in February, it looks like they forgot.

Also, Scott was caught with his pants down when asked about it in devstream 26.  Go check it out when he's fighting the room full of level 11 Grineer that requires him to consistently dev-grant himself full HP instead of going down like 5 times.

Waiting for melee 2.1 already :/

Go back to GW2

Dodge rolling doesn't make you immune to damage or knockdown effects.

Now that I think about it...they may just hotfix that and make this Guild Warframes 2...meh :/

I can already see the "Melee is usless agaisnt heavies" threads.... -_-

I can already see the "Melee is usless agaisnt heavies" threads.... -_-

These are unavoidable indeed, but even when he used his dev-too-op-regen-of-death, I  noticed that he took down two fatties in one or two combo max...Add to this the fact that Steve managed to do pluto only with a (well-moded) skana... :o

Although the first-hour whiners will see that it doesn't instakill lvl 30 enemies, it has a lot of potential ! 

Edited by unknow99

These are unavoidable indeed, but even when he used his dev-too-op-regen-of-death, I  noticed that he took down two fatties in one or two combo max...Add to this the fact that Steve managed to do pluto only with a (well-moded) skana... :o

Although the first-hour whiners will see that it doesn't instakill lvl 30 enemies, it has a lot of potential ! 

I hope so

It's just that I fear that the flow of melee will be broken without a mechanic like this...you're slashign and dashing around , ......splat you lay on the ground like a weakling ....

I hope so

It's just that I fear that the flow of melee will be broken without a mechanic like this...you're slashign and dashing around , ......splat you lay on the ground like a weakling ....

Pleazz DE, a cool recovery spin attack in case of knockdown (or a roll in the direction of your choice if you push the key just when you fall to the ground,like in SSB) would be great! :D

Pleazz DE, a cool recovery spin attack in case of knockdown (or a roll in the direction of your choice if you push the key just when you fall to the ground,like in SSB) would be great! :D

I'm not even sure if they've considered it . usually with something like this they respond D:

Hey DE ; so with melee 2.0 we can expect a lot of cool stuff ,

But there's a mechanic that's been missing in the game that I find really strange : active recovery directional recovery counter recovery attacks

Active recovery

basically when your tenno is knocked down , we should have the ability to recover quickly by pressing the dodge button at the right moment ( like in smash bros)

Directional recovery

This is pretty common in a lot of action oriented games = you're knocked down and can roll in a direction before getting back up , very common mechanic that the game is lacking

Counter recovery

And if the recovery fails and a special unit sent your &#! flying on the ground , and you're surrounded by enemies that keep attacking you on the floor

-> your tenno rises back up while doing a special small radius aoe move with knock back kinda like this picture

tumblr_mn9uf9q7hI1rnvb0co1_500.gif

TL:DR : when knocked down , tenno can either spring back up with a backflip before lying on the floor , or if knocked down completely , can get back up with a aoe counter attack to avoid being swarmed by enemies ( like in a lot of beat them up or hack and slash games) The tenno can run on walls ; have superpowers but can't get up faster ???

=> this shouldn't happen http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3426412447532129290/41BA705E36663835856853C1FA072E9B95089344/

EDIT: DE iknow you've played smash bros ! This mechanic is essential!!!

EDIT2 : A new issue is rising amongst players = how on earth are we going to fight heavies properly without this? They'll just use their radial smash and our combos will keep breaking and so will the pace of the game 

So what do you guys think ? please leave some feedback!

And to DE

If you've read this at least respond to why you won't add it or if you plan to do so please

Oh SMash bros  reference

From the great Isiah:

Dont Get Hit.

Oh SMash bros  reference

From the great Isiah:

Dont Get Hit.

Not really useful advice considering everything in this game is hitting you all the time  :/

And it seems Despite the enw melee nothing has changed. recovery is still terrible 

That`s not very clever if they don´t duck. Besides, that they already do ...

Still like recovery idea but i want more out of this. If the AI gets more difficult we need a fast forward cover system.

Something that lets me move.

have fun

Regards

That`s not very clever if they don´t duck. Besides, that they already do ...

Still like recovery idea but i want more out of this. If the AI gets more difficult we need a fast forward cover system.

Something that lets me move.

have fun

Regards

That's the problem ; we can't estimate how to include cover until the AI gets harder. we'll  probably have to wait for the 2 remaining  faction to be revamped once 

That's the problem ; we can't estimate how to include cover until the AI gets harder. we'll  probably have to wait for the 2 remaining  faction to be revamped once 

DE already made "slight" changes to this system and people are not happy with it because they get downed so much.

To the topic of cover and getting downed. Cover is already in the game but this is not enough anymore. As i read in another post where Lancers start to get happy with shield bashing - was hoping this comes - the first time someone needs to think and so many brains fail...

Funny, i enjoy using a braincell for the duration of 0.0001secs only hope DE extends this to 100ms anytime soon.

Edited by ioeshepard