Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handspring Revamp / Active Recovery

Deidaku

DE already made "slight" changes to this system and people are not happy with it because they get downed so much.

To the topic of cover and getting downed. Cover is already in the game but this is not enough anymore. As i read in another post where Lancers start to get happy with shield bashing - was hoping this comes - the first time someone needs to think and so many brains fail...

Funny, i enjoy using a braincell for the duration of 0.0001secs only hope DE extends this to 100ms anytime soon.

This game isn't that easy , as veteran it's pretty easy on the mechanics. The hard part is teamwork and the grind required 

Cover like in Deux ex against a corner would be super useful for stealth.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone knows another game where we can see a similar mechanic?

In SEGA's Phantasy Star Online 2 (currently released in Japan only), when the player is struck and sent flying, there is a 1 SP (level point) skill called "Just Reversal" that allows you to press the jump button (hold your enthusiasm for that concept, PS fans, yes, it's great) as you hit the ground to do a quick backflip and land on your feet, and instantly ready to continue combat. It's a blessing for melee classes and saves casters, especially in high level content where you can easily see 1/4 of your HP disappear in a single hit (mainly because this game is skill-based damage evasion and not probability-rolling % chances.)

In SEGA's Phantasy Star Online 2 (currently released in Japan only), when the player is struck and sent flying, there is a 1 SP (level point) skill called "Just Reversal" that allows you to press the jump button (hold your enthusiasm for that concept, PS fans, yes, it's great) as you hit the ground to do a quick backflip and land on your feet, and instantly ready to continue combat. It's a blessing for melee classes and saves casters, especially in high level content where you can easily see 1/4 of your HP disappear in a single hit (mainly because this game is skill-based damage evasion and not probability-rolling % chances.)

I play PSO2 :O

I'll have to get that skill :O

Thanks !

Yes please. The worst part about this game is getting hit by knockdown, taking a nap for the next five minutes, then slowly getting up; only to be knocked down again by another enemy. There's no response to knockdown besides "don't get knocked down." A recovery system would be the greatest thing.

Yes please. The worst part about this game is getting hit by knockdown, taking a nap for the next five minutes, then slowly getting up; only to be knocked down again by another enemy. There's no response to knockdown besides "don't get knocked down." A recovery system would be the greatest thing.

I hope movement is revamped soon

Someone send DE Steve a copy of Ninja Gaiden 2. Someone else make sure he finishes the game on at least Warrior. After this Melee 3.0 will be the finest thing you've ever seen. Movement 2.0 will also happen.

If this does not happen, we might be doomed DOOOMED, lol, no seriously NG2 is the most skill based action game I've ever played.

They got blocking and dodging right to the extent that with enough skill you can avoid all damage. The same can't be said for warframe unfortunately, what with dodging being slow and backflipping taking ALL your stamina to flip a few times, all the while being a slo-mo matrix moment avoiding no damage whatsoever, plus enemies with 100% accuracy at all times.

Also, ancients, shield lancers, and scorpions can't be blocked, for some reason despite auto parry being there, and not being able to do anything when you're being dragged is unrealistic. You should at least be able to shoot your secondary at the scorpion while down and as mentioned before there should be a get up attack you can do.

R.I.P. Nujabes. Samurai Champloo was awesome.

Someone send DE Steve a copy of Ninja Gaiden 2. Someone else make sure he finishes the game on at least Warrior. After this Melee 3.0 will be the finest thing you've ever seen. Movement 2.0 will also happen.

If this does not happen, we might be doomed DOOOMED, lol, no seriously NG2 is the most skill based action game I've ever played.

They got blocking and dodging right to the extent that with enough skill you can avoid all damage. The same can't be said for warframe unfortunately, what with dodging being slow and backflipping taking ALL your stamina to flip a few times, all the while being a slo-mo matrix moment avoiding no damage whatsoever, plus enemies with 100% accuracy at all times.

Also, ancients, shield lancers, and scorpions can't be blocked, for some reason despite auto parry being there, and not being able to do anything when you're being dragged is unrealistic. You should at least be able to shoot your secondary at the scorpion while down and as mentioned before there should be a get up attack you can do.

R.I.P. Nujabes. Samurai Champloo was awesome.

I hope The new enemy submissions will help  with that. THere's been  a decent amout of melee units submissed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea, even in that game, the Just Reversal actually takes a bit of timing. If you mash the jump key, you wont do it, but you have to wait for your character to like hit the ground and bounce. Im ok with this.

We NEED something like this in warframe. NEED. I dont know why we dont have it yet.

Thought I would add to this after reading it realized most of my ideas have been mentioned but here goes.

In one of the dev streams it was mentioned to have more animations based on contextual instances. This gave me the idea that while a Teno is being knocked down they can not jump. Why not have the jump key be used for something else in the context of being knocked down. This example comes to mind.

Hitting Jump or Sprint+Jump ( if you want to avoid triggering by accident ) while falling down or at any point after being knocked down triggers the “fast” recovery. This action would drain stamina. meaning that if you had no stamina you could not "fast recover."

It was also mentioned in the works at one point was an attack as you recovered from the knock down. This could use the Sprint+Jump combination of keys. As always thank you so much for your time in effort in making a great game!

Respectfully,

Sci648

I still insist that Blocking should be a part of this mechanic. It should either prevent Knockdown, or at least reduce it to a Stagger.

That being said, we need to have a Quick block brought back, and not just have it available when melee is in "equipped" state.

So I assume the damage would be increased if you equip sparring weapons? And the slide jump has to get this too if it does damage based on your sparring weapons. Also, how about if you hold the jump button, it becomes higher. Or if you press melee and jump at the same time, you would do a short jump smash because I'm really gettin' tired of heavies knocking me down while I'm airborne

Edited by Slendy-Broseph

So I assume the damage would be increased if you equip sparring weapons? And the slide jump has to get this too if it does damage based on your sparring weapons. Also, how about if you hold the jump button, it becomes higher. Or if you press melee and jump at the same time, you would do a short jump smash because I'm really gettin' tired of heavies knocking me down while I'm airborne

that would be nice !

I still insist that Blocking should be a part of this mechanic. It should either prevent Knockdown, or at least reduce it to a Stagger.

That being said, we need to have a Quick block brought back, and not just have it available when melee is in "equipped" state.

Blocking is fine.

What's terrible is parrying. They could change it so parrying is  a timed ability that requires skill

Both knockdown recovery and parrying should be timing based like this, with the relevant mods making the timing window more forgiving. This lets them fulfill their intended niche without invalidating the use of skill.

• 3 months later...

Both knockdown recovery and parrying should be timing based like this, with the relevant mods making the timing window more forgiving. This lets them fulfill their intended niche without invalidating the use of skill.

Damn right;.....DE hasn't spoken about this for a while though?

even after the hot topics vote.....