The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Old And New Questions

rotony2

Question

Hi! im not new in the game but the game is changing and i want to know some things.

1. Valkyr is any good? after U12.

2. If valkyr is any good what is a good melee for her 4.

3. About xp, what happend in last updates? Today i farm in ODD 35 waves with despair lvl 0 and make only 3 levels. Why? I need to stay in 20m from the mobs to get xp? Or how the xp works.

4. Mods like Rupture for Puncture/Slash/Impact are any good on any weapon? or are useless on every weapon?

5. Referring to xp once again. What is best warframe to level up weapons? Nova or Rhino or someone else.

8 answers to this question

Hi! im not new in the game but the game is changing and i want to know some things.

1. Valkyr is any good? after U12.

2. If valkyr is any good what is a good melee for her 4.

3. About xp, what happend in last updates? Today i farm in ODD 35 waves with despair lvl 0 and make only 3 levels. Why? I need to stay in 20m from the mobs to get xp? Or how the xp works.

4. Mods like Rupture for Puncture/Slash/Impact are any good on any weapon? or are useless on every weapon?

5. Referring to xp once again. What is best warframe to level up weapons? Nova or Rhino or someone else.

1. she´s ok, nothigng special

2 http://upload-pictures.de/bild.php/50056,valkyrEBHIQ.jpg

4.Loki cause u kill nothing with ur warframe and kill only iwth ur weapons or let ur teammates kill them and earn the xp

1. I've always though Valkyr wasfun, after update 12 she's more viable/helpful. Melee 2.0 could help her even more to be a melee beast. Steel Charge Aura can now give almost a full potato's worth of mod points and it boosts her ult (at least that's my understanding).

2. high damage/crit melee weapons are best so fang/fang prime, dual ichors, dual zorens are some good options

3. Don't know how XP works, sorry.

4. The increased damage type mods (impact, puncture, or slash) are good, but there are usually better ways to use your mod points depending on the mods you have. For instance, on your primary weapons, you want to prioritize Serration, Split Chamber, an elemental combo, and possibly heavy impact. After those, bane mods tend to be really good (increased damage to certain faction), because it adds the multiplier over all the damage (I think). Also depending on the weapons, certain utility mods can help a lot and may even replace one of the other mentioned above. But yeah, your mods points are usually better spent not using those damage type mods.

5. Best warframe to lvl weapons? I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just play who you want. Some weapons synergize maybe a bit better with certain frames. i.e. Bows can be a bit slow to charge so frames that CC or have damage mitigation can be helpful.

1. Hysteria is still buggy and terrible dps compared to just shooting stuff. While Valkyr is fun and pretty powerful in terms of survival, she offers little to no group utility at all. Hopefully if people start to melee more often in melee 2.0 she may become more useful for the attack speed buff.

2. Crit weapons; Dual Ichor are at the top right now. With high +strength and +%melee damage Jat Kittag becomes a good choice.

3. XP mechanics are unchanged (dont really understand the question).

4. See Sh1n3y

5. Remember that killing an enemy with a warframe ability WONT give weapon xp, so look for frames with utility instead of damage. Rhino and Banshee are my fav weapon leveling frames; Loki works well as well.

What are best place to level up weapons? a stock one ofc.

Any survival or defense even if it's low lvl. Also the new dark sectors are good if you use the specific weapon they grant bonus XP to.

To wit:

1) Yes. Should see hysteria improvements going forward from U13.

2) Dual ichors. Basically, melee with high crit rates (ichors, cleavers, zorens).

3) Have to actually use them to get any significant experience. Just having them along for the ride will see some gain, but nothing like use.

4) Mostly, no. Some melee have enough of a base stat to make them sorta worthwhile, but they take a back seat to banes and elements.

5) Doesn't much matter. Whatever you like using. I tend to Nyx, Banshee, Trinity, and Zephyr. Vaubon makes leveling bows even tolerable--barely.