The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Orokin Derelict Survival

ZeroInferno

I've noticed that now with U12 here and deployed, ODS has become really annoying to play overall.

Here's the main problem with it: the oxygen drops are non-existent almost. 

I ran the mission with my buddies yesterday not 5, but 20 times in order to try to make it past 20 minutes or so, and each time the oxygen ran out because there were no enemies or oxygen drops.

This is now officially silly, and you guys need to look into it please.

Make the enemies spawn faster, make the oxygen drops actually drop, or do both. 

Sir, it sounds like you need a Nekros with an efficiency build. Ran a bunch of hour long sessions this weekend attempting to finish my Burston Prime (which I did, praise Jesus). With a proper efficiency build i just spam 12.5 energy desecrates all day long and get lots of life support. Stretch and Overextended are a must for this as are Fleeting Expertise and Streamline. You won't have any life support issues with this build as long as your team mates can kill stuff fast enough for you to tea bag there dead bodies for that extra loot.

Sir, it sounds like you need a Nekros with an efficiency build. Ran a bunch of hour long sessions this weekend attempting to finish my Burston Prime (which I did, praise RNGesus). With a proper efficiency build i just spam 12.5 energy desecrates all day long and get lots of life support. Stretch and Overextended are a must for this as are Fleeting Expertise and Streamline. You won't have any life support issues with this build as long as your team mates can kill stuff fast enough for you to tea bag there dead bodies for that extra loot.

ftfy, also, ^^ this.

Hear hear, especially annoying if you're trying to solo it, I thought they kind of "optimised" all the missions for solo players in the recent updates. I may be wrong but I believe the lack of life support pods only exist in one ODS tileset, the rest seem to be fine for at least until 35-40 minutes even without any nekros spamming desecrate. Still could use a tweak though.

just uploaded this, lasted this long on my own and couldnt reach the pod because of the dodgy spawn point and its spawn frequency... oh the hate.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227046836

I know that nekros is a godsend to ODS, but it shoulnd't be REQUIRED in order to keep going past 20 mins or so right?

I ran some more ODS yesterday night and we went 3 times to the 1 hour mark, and that was only possible because someone brought a nekros with. 

Plus getting credits at 45 mins in, is just an insult. Especially 5000 credits.

Other than the really crappy key, number of neurodes and o.cells.

This wasn't an awful 15 minute run.

I think I actually activated two large o2 canisters. (two man run)

An efficiency / range maximized nekros makes this absurdly easy from an o2 perspective.

FmIAx7t.jpg

Edited by xethier

Ran one of these that only lasted 7 minutes due to poor Oxygen spawns. Didn't help that the enemies dropping the life supports kept dropping them off edges. Also on the prime parts thing.. Totally agreed. I didn't get a prime part in the 35 minute run I did. Got a Burston Prime blueprint.... but that's kinda useless without the parts.

That one huge room with all the branches across and the large bottomless pit in the middle absolutely needs to be dropped from the Survival tile list. It's horrendous for both the AI and the players to try to navigate it. Not to mention that the air cans are more likely to drop down into the abyss than land on something solid.

That one huge room with all the branches across and the large bottomless pit in the middle absolutely needs to be dropped from the Survival tile list. It's horrendous for both the AI and the players to try to navigate it. Not to mention that the air cans are more likely to drop down into the abyss than land on something solid.

This is probably one of the worst things about the ODS survival runs too, because in missions where that room is the "center" room so to say without a nekros we barely break 10mins, if that.

This. That room ruins me every single time.

And one more thing: Is the enemy spawn rate for ODS actually the same as the other survival missions? It seems like I find more enemies on Apollodorus (Mercury survival) than I do in the Derelict. The drop rate for canisters seems lower than normal, too.

This. That room ruins me every single time.

And one more thing: Is the enemy spawn rate for ODS actually the same as the other survival missions? It seems like I find more enemies on Apollodorus (Mercury survival) than I do in the Derelict. The drop rate for canisters seems lower than normal, too.

It would seem that the spawn rate is indeed lower... although sometimes (depending on the map) Apollodorus can be just as bad. Though my ODS runs last night did have a pretty good amount of enemies (Mostly ancients) .... this was after 10 minutes though.

Honestly I think the Key - Forma - Prime Part ratio is a lil screwed here. Nothing but keys the past 3 days.

Edited by XxSeether1992xX