The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accelerant: Change To A Forward Cone With More Range

Qmoney

Accelerant would be a more viable ability if you made it a forward-facing cone, like pull, with more range but a similar total area of effect.  This would encourage players to be more tactical and offensive in its use (I don't think it is used a great deal now), and would lend itself to WOF's mobility.

NOOoooooo this game is too chaotic the way most people play it. Being able to quickly stop enemies who ended up behind me is half of why I love it. The PBAoE has to stay!

If the function needs to be improved at range, I think maybe a better option would be to make the radius of it center on Ember with no target, or center on an enemy if she has a target, so she could cast it out on groups of enemies she's going to shoot at.That'd be quite a buff though. I know people are butthurt about having Overheat taken but she's pretty darn strong right now. Not sure she needs that buff.

Bring back Overheat, I say.

I miss overheat too.  I loved making a max duration build, not even bothering with WOF, and going melee crazy/shotgun crazy/embolist crazy in a field of fire blasts.

NOOoooooo this game is too chaotic the way most people play it. Being able to quickly stop enemies who ended up behind me is half of why I love it. The PBAoE has to stay!

If the function needs to be improved at range, I think maybe a better option would be to make the radius of it center on Ember with no target, or center on an enemy if she has a target, so she could cast it out on groups of enemies she's going to shoot at.That'd be quite a buff though. I know people are butthurt about having Overheat taken but she's pretty darn strong right now. Not sure she needs that buff.

Admittedly, The CC factor for enemies behind would be a loss.  I have every frame, and honestly, Ember fills the role of a run and gun caster for missions requiring progression like invasions, deception, etc.  For this reason, I don't bother with a accelerant particularly because of the long cast time of WOF (meaning you cast it from safety where the full AOE of accelerant is largely wasted, and I have probably already shot and killed any enemies that would be behind me).

The mana required for accelerant is pointless when I will so quickly advance out of it's range.  I want to use the increase in fire damage, and to charge a path though enemies in one direction with my ignis and WOF.