DualBladeCannon.jpgDualBladeCannonApart.jpgDualBladeCannonScale.jpg

Reference:

sDCBRef.jpg

Type Melee/Ranged

Base Ranged Damage 60

Base Ranged Charge Damage 180

Base Ranged Firing Rate .7

Base Ranged Charge Speed .2 (3.6 sec)

Base Ranged Charge Cooldown .2 (3.6 sec)

Ranged Accuracy 100

Base MeleeDamage 30

Base Melee Firing Rate .8

Base Melee Charge Damage 150.0

Base Melee Charge Speed .8 (2.4 sec)

Melee Accuracy 100

Description:

The Amphisbaena is a heavy/hybrid melee/ranged weapon like the Scindo/Skana and Paris combined but with a little more range and less attack damage. It's normal attacks do not ignore armour like the Fragor.

This weapon will take Your Primary Weapon Slot aswell as your melee slot. Does not reload it uses Stamina for both attacks. Stamina costs will be high for ranged and about normal for the melee.

The Regular Ranged attack will like the current bow we have slow but slower projectile speed somewhate like the missles in game but a bit faster. Megaman like blasts.

The Charged Ranged Attack will be like the bow again but this time instead of doing single target dps you will do a area type explosion on hit like the explosive barrels in game, but after this is used the gun portion must cooldown not even regular ranged attack will be allowed so it forces you to melee instead.

The Regular Melee attack will weild 2 skana like blades with execution like somewhat of the dual zoren but much slower and larger range.

The Charge Melee attack will combine the 2 blades together to execute a scindo like charge attack hitting surrounding enemies.

If you would like to know the story behind the name just Google it.

Also if you like it reply, the devs may use the idea.

Edited by Granite

I looked up the word. And I now pronounce:

Just like your mom.

On a serious note, I would wish we could separate guns from melee weapons, not making this into some anime game.

+1

I like to think this is a serious game guys, if you want anime-like games go play S4 League or Dragon Nest.

+1

I like to think this is a serious game guys, if you want anime-like games go play S4 League or Dragon Nest.

And what makes it impossible for an ancient race to combine a rifle with a sword? The corpus already have a gun with a splitted barrel. Make them sharp blades and you can melee with your gun. Why should that make the game "anime"....

Edited by Venarge

+1

*Cough* Beyonettes *Cough*

On Topic - I personally like the idea I always thought about suggesting a weapon that would consume multiple slots but be an extremely badass "Special" type weapon with its own pros and cons

And what makes it impossible for an ancient race to combine a rifle with a sword? The corpus already have a gun with a splitted barrel. Make them sharp blades and you can melee with your gun. Why should that make the game "anime"....

I agree with this...

To be honest, this doesn't seem nearly as animish as some other weapon concepts people have come with. I would like it if this were to be made in the game. Also like that we would finally get a beam weapon of some type. (judging by the looks of it in it's cannon form)

This wouldn't work in this game due to the fact that we have a long rifle slot, a pistol slot, and a melee weapon slot. Unless they completely change how loadouts work this won't fit. That said I like the concept and the look is pretty nifty.

This wouldn't work in this game due to the fact that we have a long rifle slot, a pistol slot, and a melee weapon slot. Unless they completely change how loadouts work this won't fit. That said I like the concept and the look is pretty nifty.

Well when you equip it from your long gun slot, it would just de-equip your melee weapon and prevent you from equipping another until you change out your rifle. Not too hard if you think about it :D

I still want a throwing disc weapon like from the released version of Dark Sector DX of all the ideas to be inspired from why not bring over the Disc weapon!? that would be an awesome ranged, and melee weapon! and not too animeish... more Predatorish... but without the epic autolock... wait scratch that... give me a lock on mechanism so I can lock on to several grineer throw it and then it goes through them... sick to the CORE!!!

I would say you're trying to have one weapon do too many things, it will really only be able to be good at one thing for balance reasons. I would say to foucs on it either being a 2-handed melee or a dual wield melee and forget about the ranged capabilities.

Well when you equip it from your long gun slot, it would just de-equip your melee weapon and prevent you from equipping another until you change out your rifle. Not too hard if you think about it :D

Except for the fact that you'd have conflicting mods and be missing an entire wep slot's worth of mods.

I still want a throwing disc weapon like from the released version of Dark Sector DX of all the ideas to be inspired from why not bring over the Disc weapon!? that would be an awesome ranged, and melee weapon! and not too animeish... more Predatorish... but without the epic autolock... wait scratch that... give me a lock on mechanism so I can lock on to several grineer throw it and then it goes through them... sick to the CORE!!!

Damn. Now I just want it too >.< Evil Arlayn.....

Except for the fact that you'd have conflicting mods and be missing an entire wep slot's worth of mods.

Well in that case you could have two mod menus for it, and it would appear in the melee weapon slot as well. To add melee mods click on customize in the melee section, to add weapon mods click customize in the weapon section...

Still don't see the big deal

Well in that case you could have two mod menus for it, and it would appear in the melee weapon slot as well. To add melee mods click on customize in the melee section, to add weapon mods click customize in the weapon section...

Still don't see the big deal

I forsee it being the buggiest weapon ever.