Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Am I Doing Wrong?

Timdog

Question

I'm finding lately now that I am branching out to newer boards that I'm getting just tosted on the damage output. I can live just fine but I take a lot of shots to drop anything. I think a large part of it is my sword and shotgun do not have the reactor in in. I can't get one and I have no platnum to buy one. I'm only using hte chronos and the first shotgun you get (I forget the name) but nothing BY STATS seems like a huge upgrade - i could buy schematics but not sure i can handle the higher planets yet, and can't see a huge damage increase based on the stats. Maybe the stats are misleading. Is there a next step of equipment that is decently farmable and I'll see a valid increase from, or is it really the reactors that are killing me? My pistol has the reactor and it's incresingly hard not to use it as it outclasses the other two weapons.

6 answers to this question

Sorry, yeah, bad post. i was interupted. And am again. I'll post later with more specifics. My shotguns like level 13, my pistols level 16 (with the reactor), my excaliber is level 20 i think. I have most every mod you can think of - +fire, +electric, ap, etc. I'm running 60% multishot and 30%AP in my shotgun at the moment.

Multishot and AP are indeed good for the shotgun. Perhaps consider putting in a Fire Rate mod aswell, faster reload won't hurt either. I also put Freeze Damage in my Shotguns to slow down big groups of enemies and deal with their shields. Puncture seems like a good idea for a shotgun too, though I haven't tried it myself.

For the Pistol, also put in some AP, Multishot and Fire Rate. Then some damage boost, could be normal +dmg or elemental, perhaps Freeze Damage again.

As for the Cronus, I'd put in a third Freeze Damage mod. And depending on whether you like to use charge attacks or not, put in either Charge Damage and Charge Speed mods, or Fire Rate mods if you don't want to charge.

For your Excalibur, get Shield Capacity and Power Max mods. Boost your Vitality a bit aswell, but I wouldn't put in Armor Mods. By the time your shield is depleted you should get out of harms way.

What I used a lot with my Excalibur was Slash Dash to get through groups quickly. I don't think I even have the other skills slotted.

Since Slash Dash is based on your melee weapons charge damage, you might want to consider getting a weapon like the Scindo or Fragor. And you could boost the damage even more with a Power Strength mod.

I also like Sprint Speed and Stamina Recharge, but that's just cause it makes me feel slow if I don't use them.

This gets me through missions quite well, tweak it a bit to your preference I guess.

Edited by Xype

Fire fox FTW

but that aside, upgrading your mods will definatly help you out, freeze mods are hjelpfull agasint all enemies because of the slow and if you can manage to get your multishot to 100% you will notise a big increase in damage, but as it stands right now, i can bearly manage to do Ceres missions solo all i can suggest is farming the systems you can do easly for now, and keep finding mods or team up with some peopel to get the missions done,