The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Warframe Community:

Cyberdown

Specifically the veteran players.

Can we help out the new players in this game a bit?

Its a small thing to ask.  If you are three miles ahead of the rest of the team, can you either drop or come back to where your obviously new teammates are?

Theres a lot of locations that will get a new player lost or stuck, since the mini map does a bad job of indicating proper pathing and waypoints.

I don't think theres been a single multiplayer game where ive been surrounded by my team.  There is always one guy, decked out, who puts on his uber sprint before all the players are even loaded up and ready to go.

This leaves the new players, running through empty halls, and never learing the little things like when to expect to go back and find another way around, when to blow a fan up and use the ducts, when to wall walk...

I see so many new guys on starter characters and default everything abandoning games because they get lost, stuck, and theres one guy a mile ahead who just killed the boss.

Can ask for older players to stick with friends when trying to speed race noob content?  Or at least try to help by not uber sprinting before all the players are in game and basically one shotting the entire match.

For instance, I need to redo the earth boss fight.  Not because I didn't complete it, but because the boss was dead before I even got near him, I have a volt (I played a few hours in beta but Im new if that makes sense) so I have the ability to haul &#! (not that I like wasting all my energy on running vs shocking stuff)  I don't think I saw or killed a single enemy either.

That there is a bad experience, and im not sure its what you want new players dealing with.

So if you have to speed run missions, just do it solo, rather than pulling unknowning noobs into your solo run and leaving them to get stuck and abandon the match (and game possibly)  If you do multiplayer on low level content, try to lead and don't abandon the rest of the team.  Will make for a much better new player experience. 

I've done everything else, So now Helping people is pretty much all i do. I'll trawl around on Mercury for Noobs, and do everything i can to teach them the right way to do things. My whole Storm clan's purpose is to help people. So Yes, I will totally continue to do this :)

If you need help...  Just ask over squad chat...  Not all veterans are jerks in this game.  I can't speak for everyone else, but if a newbie in squad chat gets lost and says so, asks for help, etc.  I always go back for them.

Also, the veterans aren't "speed racing" through content.  It's more about them already knowing the optimal methods and routes to get around the maps, since we've played them thousands of times.

Keep at it Tenno you'll be just as fast in no time.

while i totally agree with the OP there is a sad fact that at a certain point in the players progression, speed running missions... (especially earth and saturn) becomes a standard.

personally, i only speed run those two (and maybe krill) because of neurodes and o.cells.

sadly there really isn't any better location for farming the dozens you need for prime weapon builds.

DE tried to reduce the speed running by adding in locked doors that need two players to open... and trying to matchmake the mercury (and maybe venus iirc) to slant lower ranked players with other low ranked players. this is only so effective.

sushidubya has it right. joining a clan or grouping other like-minded players is your best bet.

It is precisely on this kind of situation where I ask myself why the hell people that can go ahead and solo the whole level are playing online. They should play solo.

for the same reason they're speed running the mission in the first place. efficiency.

also, you're still getting the mission completion rewards, so they *are* helping, although not in the way you'd like.

for the same reason they're speed running the mission in the first place. efficiency.

also, you're still getting the mission completion rewards, so they *are* helping, although not in the way you'd like.

If they are soloing all way ahead of the rest of the team, the efficiency part is not on the equation. Also, the rest of the team is not getting any exp.

At low levels, the players are barely with the head on farming, they want to experience a new game, to have fun in it. They want WarFrame, not a walking simulator...

Edited by HellEnforcer

Archisto, that is precisely what the issue is.

You think you are doing the new players and the game a favor by creating an empty map for them to figure out on their own?  Not only do they lose the bread trail of objectives to follow, they lose the whole reason they are in game, to shoot stuff and be a space ninja.

And this all has nothing to do with chat help.  Its about running the noob levels, which are full of fresh players to the game, and creating an extremely unfun time by racing ahead, killing everything (or not) and getting them lost due to the lack of objectives to follow.

Start a game up, wait 5 seconds at the start on an un modded character.  Youll NEVER catch up to the team. This is what a new player is treated to 90% of the time.

*is there a reason why I cant quote anyone on the forums?  I hit quote on their post and it doesnt

Edited by Cyberdown

Its ALL depends on the team i have and the rank , usually the low ranked is just some stupid ignorant noob sorry for being that rude , but 

Every time I play , in pub normal survival , or alert survival , theire is always one or two who don't want to do over 5 min , or they just do not speak

english,which usually mean no answer , neither Co-Op ,Oh you guess what i mean when i say over 5 min? waste all the pod because they don't want to

stay forcing theire team mate to exit , Except when I'm host , I'm just starting my download and cancel the run , you know super lag mode and mission

cancel . That is Why I'm 1000 Miles aways ,you just have to run , whatever I'm using I'm able to manage that , and playing Loki make this even easier...

If you need help...  Just ask over squad chat...  Not all veterans are jerks in this game.  I can't speak for everyone else, but if a newbie in squad chat gets lost and says so, asks for help, etc.  I always go back for them.

Also, the veterans aren't "speed racing" through content.  It's more about them already knowing the optimal methods and routes to get around the maps, since we've played them thousands of times.

This is a post I agree with. I know the optimal methods to take my fat-&#! Frost and out-pace most rank 4 or lower players.

Its all about knowing the evrionment, and the limitations of your current gear.

Archisto, that is precisely what the issue is.

You think you are doing the new players and the game a favor by creating an empty map for them to figure out on their own?  Not only do they lose the bread trail of objectives to follow, they lose the whole reason they are in game, to shoot stuff and be a space ninja.

And this all has nothing to do with chat help.  Its about running the noob levels, which are full of fresh players to the game, and creating an extremely unfun time by racing ahead, killing everything (or not) and getting them lost due to the lack of objectives to follow.

Start a game up, wait 5 seconds at the start on an un modded character.  Youll NEVER catch up to the team. This is what a new player is treated to 90% of the time.

*is there a reason why I cant quote anyone on the forums?  I hit quote on their post and it doesnt

We're both talking about different objectives in different missions, methinks.

Exterminates are fairly straight-forward.

Survivals should have players fighting together. If the newbie runs off and dies, I'll go rescue him, but I'm not risking the mission to save him.

Defense, see Survivals

Mobile defense, see Survivals

Sabo/Spy/Rescue - I solo on purpose.

Assassinate - Solo.

If you are using internet explorer the quote link doesn't seem to work right, if you instead right click and select open in new tab or window that normally circumvents it.

That's probably the biggest issue. Everytime I run with randoms in low rank missions, not a single one speaks up or says anything. I try my best to communicate if I see them doing something they shouldn't (like being a door hero, using oxygen above 70%, and dying constantly), but I really haven't seen a single new person ever speak up in chat to ask anything. I'm also not European, so it's not as if I'm getting paired up with people who don't speak English.

Cyberdown,

What you have described is definitely a pain point in the game. The upside to this is that it is a short-lived one. The downside you are already familiar with. There have actually been steady improvments, IMO, in this regard the last few updates: 

Changes to Stamina use/regeneration,

Mercury Queuing

XP allocation from skills.

Rushing is the tactic you are describing and that still happens sadly. Not as much as it did, but it still happens.

Keep your head up. Call out if you're lost and look for those "best practices" you can use yourself. 

With the nature of enemies in this game, the parkour skills can go a long way toward getting you out of the line of fire when things get sticky.

Es precisamente en este tipo de situación en la que me pregunto por qué diablos la gente que pueden salir adelante y en solitario todo el nivel están jugando en línea. Deben jugar en solitario.

Agree. Unfortunately, people in the game are a reflection of real life: they are selfish. They are indifferent to their peers.

Edited by Awazx

If they are soloing all way ahead of the rest of the team, the efficiency part is not on the equation. Also, the rest of the team is not getting any exp.

At low levels, the players are barely with the head on farming, they want to experience a new game, to have fun in it. They want WarFrame, not a walking simulator...

the speed runner's efficiency, not yours.

as has been established, people to tend to speed-run are usually only in it for themselves. (or in the case of farming o.cells or neurodes... self defense)

when you start needing 10-15 o.cells to craft that weapon you don't want to spend 15 minutes on each run. i've seen ruk downed in less than two minutes including in and out... 

i'm not saying it's correct. (i rarely speed run and personally dislike the concept) however, people are going to play the game how they think it should be played.

the OP has a very valid point (as many others here have) but sadly, there is always going to be the epeen factor and griefers, or people who just don't care about noobs or anybody else in their group. should they solo? yeah, they should, but they don't and you can't make them. (unfortunately)

best case, if you're getting left behind, or otherwise grouped with people you'd rather not deal with, quit the match and try again with a different group, join a clan or use recruitment channel. these are the only solutions to this currently. 

oh, and pray for a /blacklist option so you can filter out people who irritate you. 

That's probably the biggest issue. Everytime I run with randoms in low rank missions, not a single one speaks up or says anything. I try my best to communicate if I see them doing something they shouldn't (like being a door hero, using oxygen above 70%, and dying constantly), but I really haven't seen a single new person ever speak up in chat to ask anything. I'm also not European, so it's not as if I'm getting paired up with people who don't speak English.

To be fair, the ingame chat is pretty sodding bad in this game.

I always try to talk in a pub game, especially when it's static missions like mobile defense or defense, and I love it when people jus talk about whatever, but it's freaking difficult to keep track of the conversation if you're not sitting on a crate chatting away.

Donno if it's an issue with the chat box or the text font/color/size.

Used to chat incessantly on CS too, so it's not a FPS/TPS issue.

not to derail this too far but voice chat would be great if the game didn't already suck up ridiculous amounts of bandwidth. 

i can't host with 85k/sec upload speed max. even with everything else on the network shut down and a linux router to manage things.

adding in voice chat on top of it and nah... instant lagfest.

plus this game really doesn't lend itself well to standing still for long. and the skill curve for new players is rather high.

Edited by xethier