The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Warframe Community:

Cyberdown

To be fair, the ingame chat is pretty sodding bad in this game.

I always try to talk in a pub game, especially when it's static missions like mobile defense or defense, and I love it when people jus talk about whatever, but it's freaking difficult to keep track of the conversation if you're not sitting on a crate chatting away.

Donno if it's an issue with the chat box or the text font/color/size.

Used to chat incessantly on CS too, so it's not a FPS/TPS issue.

partially it might be due to the fact that the default chat button binding is "T" that's just completely random for a lot of online games where enter seems to be standard.

I had to look up what the binding was before I was able to talk to people when I started. "T" didn't even spring to mind as an option.

I'd love to assist in the training and mentoring of noobs or otherwise less-experienced players. This is the best way to keep this community strong, in my opinion. 

So go ahead and add me, Psychx, and I'll try my best to help everyone out. I'm no pro, but I'm vet enough to get a lot of questions answered

So if you have to speed run missions, just do it solo...

So if you want to take your time, just do it solo - you won't be bothered by people who rush to finish the mission. WF offers all the tools so you can compete with veterans within a short amount of time - this if you play the game and not the forums to complain about Shift + Crouch not properly working.

Edited by notum

Majority of people are idiots, a sad fact that reflects ingame or everywhere...

I help out and never DOOR HERO, evern with my maxxed everything.

How can you be so negative? Everyone is a special beautiful flower that's just waiting to blossom. Positive affirmations can go a long way, we should never exclude anybody for anything ever and love each other for ever and ever.

How can you be so negative? Everyone is a special beautiful flower that's just waiting to blossom. Positive affirmations can go a long way, we should never exclude anybody for anything ever and love each other for ever and ever.

Request denied.

The irony is deadly

I purposely nerf the mods on my favorite weapons (damage/status most definitely) and warframes to actually play cooperatively with new players. It honestly brings me a fresh and enjoyable experience.

Yes, I do know all of the methods and mechanics, but there are a few times where I still, today, get overwhelmed by low level enemies and need assistance. That's where the new players role come in at.

I usually trail behind new players too so that they don't feel like I'm doing all of the work for them.

Edit: God dammit I just realized how much of a "whiteknight" loser I sound like typing that. Oh well.

Edited by Trowicia

I purposely nerf the mods on my favorite weapons and warframes to actually play cooperatively with new players. It honestly brings me a fresh and enjoyable experience.

Yes, I do know all of the methods and mechanics, but there are a few times where I still, today, get overwhelmed by low level enemies and need assistance. That's where the new players role come in at.

I usually trail behind new players too so that they don't feel like I'm doing all of the work for them.

Edit: God dammit I just realized how much of a "whiteknight" loser I sound like typing that. Oh well.

i actually go out of my way when leveling new gear to "tone-it-down" as i'll be grouped with lower ranked people due to the conclave score drop. (if playing in mercury with new weapons / frames)

this is a good tactic imo and should be encouraged.

I definitely understand where you are coming from, but there are certain scenarios where I'm not going to go out of my way-

Defenses

mobile defenses

survival

I really don't do assassinations, but I want to be part of the boss fight, you know?  If there is another player running ahead I WILL keep up with that player.  If not I'll stay back.

Also invasions.  Mate, I am out for a reward and I am not slowing down because X player can't keep up.  Invasions end in the blink of an eye sometimes, you know?

I try to stand at the 3rd or 4th in the back....unless I spot a fun tile where I would rip line around (and either end up a ton of paces ahead or a ton of paces behind) because I really wasn't around when Valkyr came.

But speedrunners have been a problem since time immemorial, there's people like us who try and help people......Then there's people who forget there's "Private/Invite Only/Solo" options.

If you need help...  Just ask over squad chat...  Not all veterans are jerks in this game.  I can't speak for everyone else, but if a newbie in squad chat gets lost and says so, asks for help, etc.  I always go back for them.

Also, the veterans aren't "speed racing" through content.  It's more about them already knowing the optimal methods and routes to get around the maps, since we've played them thousands of times.

Keep at it Tenno you'll be just as fast in no time.

^ this, i dont often press Z to check ranks and loadout when i'm with PUGs but i never refused to help anyone who asked via squad chat :)

People rush in Online games because more enemies spawn,there's a bigger chance for loot especially if they're farming Cells/Morphics which are hard to get as it is. If DE would add difficulty settings that are equal for both Online and Solo,and the higher the difficulty,the more mobs spawn,then we would rush in Solos instead of Online.

hasn't T been for team chat in shooters like for decades!

a lot of newbies seem to ignore chat completely, having to say "don't use support before 60 or lower" 3 or more times and they still don't get it

if you don't know the game, stay back and observe instead of using support on 95 that was my way to learn this game

@BirdsOfPrey  it can be a bit difficult to pay attention to chat in a fast-paced shooter like this, especially with it being 3rd person, meaning you pay more attention to your character as well.

It'd be nice if there were a beep every time a squadmate typed something in chat, or if the lines stayed visible for longer periods of time (or just never disappeared).