The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Costs

Sumnus

I could see the oxium cost for each part being in the 20-50 range, which I think is perfectly reasonable, 100 is arguable. 200 though is just ridiculous. 

So basically, it'll take less than 3 runs to be able to craft everything?

No.

Here's most of what I said in another thread, and it holds true in this one too. The paragraph in bold focuses on what you're saying:

They did that for a reason - us "vets" are currently floating on seas of mats. They needed to introduce a new item that not just the newcomers, but us vets needed to farm. Frankly I'm okay with that. This game's free and in order to get the newest Warframe we either gotta pay up or farm it - just like all the other warframes, really.

I think we're just too spoiled. When Oberon and Valkyr came out, all we had to do was run a train on their bosses, chuckle at the mats needed, and wait 3 days to max them within 2 days (dead serious, I had to check on the wiki to make sure Oberon dropped from a boss, because obtaining him was so easy and so quick I had forgotten how I even did so). Oxium as well as the long Clan Research wait time may be "artificially" prolonging gameplay, but just what isn't in your typical F2P game?

So basically, it'll take less than 3 runs to be able to craft everything?

No.

Here's most of what I said in another thread, and it holds true in this one too. The paragraph in bold focuses on what you're saying:

They did that for a reason - us "vets" are currently floating on seas of mats. They needed to introduce a new item that not just the newcomers, but us vets needed to farm. Frankly I'm okay with that. This game's free and in order to get the newest Warframe we either gotta pay up or farm it - just like all the other warframes, really.

I think we're just too spoiled. When Oberon and Valkyr came out, all we had to do was run a train on their bosses, chuckle at the mats needed, and wait 3 days to max them within 2 days (dead serious, I had to check on the wiki to make sure Oberon dropped from a boss, because obtaining him was so easy and so quick I had forgotten how I even did so). Oxium as well as the long Clan Research wait time may be "artificially" prolonging gameplay, but just what isn't in your typical F2P game?

There's a big difference between working for a warframe and mindlessly grinding for a warframe for hours on end.  This is the latter.

What kind of implications does this have for the future?  Will every new warframe be locked behind a massive grinding paywall?  Will we have to spend $15 a pop per new warframe in order to avoid the ridiculous amounts of grinding?

Maybe if they added variety and fun into getting Zephyr people wouldn't be so annoyed.  Instead it's just "run this same mission for 5+ hours" until you get it.

Maybe if they added variety and fun into getting Zephyr people wouldn't be so annoyed.  Instead it's just "run this same mission for 5+ hours" until you get it.

This is probably the most important point. Even after finding a way around soloing Kappa with rhoenix's help, it would be nice to be able to run some other mission with similar results. Why is it that in Kappa the OO spawns are upwards of one every ten enemies, while in, say, Adrastea (Jupiter) I can kill almost a hundred enemies and never see more than two or three?

Reasonable or not in terms of cost, it's still awful how they released this frame.

Whatever happened to this reducing the amount of grinding like Steve said from a livestream awhile back?

After he said that, Update 10 was released and look what happened, Nekros was hidden behind a wall of grind, now Zephyr one-ups Nekros with x2020858 the cost it takes to craft a regular frame like Ash or Nyx.

Edited by __Kanade__

Would you please tell me then, how you keep the pod from being destroyed while playing solo? Because that is the very reason I hate defense missions with a passion hotter than the Sun. I simply can't kill dozens upon dozens of enemies that come from everywhere faster than they kill the pod.

EDIT: Forget it. No more Mr. nice guy, I'm taking out my Nova and my Soma. Game over.

its easy with a mag just shield polar will clear out almost all the mobs and then crush when anything dares to enter the room its pretty easy

fleeting expertise is recomended

and at least this warframe isn't behind a RNG troll boss and have an easy to farm reasorce

Edited by NexionSE

its easy with a mag just shield polar will clear out almost all the mobs and then crush when anything dares to enter the room its pretty easy

fleeting expertise is recomended

and at least this warframe isn't behind a RNG troll boss and have an easy to farm reasorce

Interesting... just checked out Shield Polarize in the Wiki, looks like it got massively revamped since the last time I played Mag and is far more useful now. I think I'm gonna have to try her out again sometime.

I don't have fleeting expertise because I'm not interested in Orokin Vaults. Since I play solo, having to carry around a major debuff with only a 1/4 chance each time of it matching the mission's lock sounds completely off-putting. In any case, I don't remember when was the last time I ever ran out of energy, and I always carry energy, ammo, and health restores just in case.

And as for RNG troll... it might not be RNG, but them Ospreys dropping Oxium when we blow them up in the most imaginative ways, but not when they self-destruct, how is that not a troll?

There's a big difference between working for a warframe and mindlessly grinding for a warframe for hours on end.  This is the latter.

What kind of implications does this have for the future?  Will every new warframe be locked behind a massive grinding paywall?  Will we have to spend $15 a pop per new warframe in order to avoid the ridiculous amounts of grinding?

Reasonable or not in terms of cost, it's still awful how they released this frame.

Whatever happened to this reducing the amount of grinding like Steve said from a livestream awhile back?

These two posts basically summarize what I was trying to convey frustrations with in the thread. This is the worst release we have had to date. And it follows the worst event we have had to date (Cicero Crisis). Not exactly a good way to start the year that was supposed to "fix" the game.