Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadout Questions (Latron Prime & Brakk)

Wallace24

Question

I'm changing up my loadout, dusting off the recently buffed latron prime and bringing back the brakk as my close-range sidearm. so a couple questions on what you guys think are the best builds for the weapons

let's start with latron first. gotta take advantage of that crit multiplier, I assume, so here's what I'm thinking for the build:

• Standard stuff: Serration, Split Chamber, Shred (always need some punch-through, so that's standard in my books)

• Crit stuff: Vital Sense, Critical Delay (fire rate loss essentially negated by Shred), Point Strike, Hammershot (also gives a nice status chance boost!)

• Other: only leaves room for one more mod. Elemental, I assume, or would you guys opt for a bane mod in non-void missions? I've never been too big on bane mods, I like playing around with elementals

is that good? or should I go with more elemental mods? you can point at DPS and say quad elemental is the way to go, but I say it's best to utilize the 7x crit multiplier on nearly 50% of your shots

so I returned to the brakk (considered the bronco prime. I guess I'm not locked into the brakk yet, though. bronco prime does have massive impact damage), and found out my old build consisted of:

• Hornet Strike + Magnum Force

• Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent

• Seeker

• Pistol Gambit

• 2 elementals or elemental+physical damage mods for the last 2 slots

this one I'm a lot less certain about. it has solid base damage, so the physical damage mods give a decent boost, but is it really better than another elemental? right now I've only left razor shot+heated charge on my infested loadout. I'll probably switch that to corrosive, and give latron prime wildfire if I'm going to fight infested

second question, to maximize the brakk's damage potential, should I leave pistol gambit on? Idk, it has a 33% crit chance, and only a 2x damage multiplier. seems decent enough, but would I really be shooting myself in the foot if I left it off, leaving the brakk at a 15% crit chance, but adding in another element?

so as it stands right now, I feel these two guns complement each other well, one being a long-range, puncture-based rifle, and the other being a short-range, impact-based hand cannon. and at present, the latron prime has one elemental mod slot, and the brakk has 2. so I'd go with heat+corrosive against infested, electric+magnetic against corpus, and probably toxin+radiation against grineer. though viral is pretty good as well, but that's somewhat personal preference. pistol pestilence+ice storm give bonus buffs if I got for viral on the brakk, so that's nice. dunno what would be the best mono-elemental setup against corrupted. cold, I suppose? probably good for everything but heavy gunners

anyhow, adjusting for inflation and the amount of questions I've asked, I'm looking for your $3 on these weapons and the loadout in general. I'm still used to shooting with the burston prime, so right now I miss a couple shots with the latron prime, which can be annoying. but once I get accurate again, and stop trying to slightly sweep the reticle across a target, the latron should do the job

Edited by Wallace24

5 answers to this question

Both Critical Delay and Hammer Shot are not as effective at increasing damage as elemental mods.

For the Brakk, looks good but stick with elements. Impact, Puncture, and Slash mods are not as effective as elements.

Critical Delay, Shred, and Hammershot usually lower your overall DPS. Banes, a mid rank heavy cal, and elementals are great.

Shred is very nice because it allows you to shoot through cover and hit multiple targets. It reduces DPS on paper, but it is a very strong mod.

Edited by egregiousRac

The benefit of bane mods is that they affect elemental mod dmg too so if you don't have those, what's the point? I roll a similar setup but elements instead of shred and critical delay. I like wildfire in to make radiation or blast with the Cicero poison one too.