Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Elemental Mods

Repulsive

Question

14 answers to this question

Ice is important for cutting down shields! Ice damage does twice normal damage to shields. I'm not sure if anything is actually weak to it though.

Fire and Lightning are good for Infested and Corpus, respectively, as Arlayn said. I always make sure to strap on the right element mods for the faction when I go up against 'em.

I play Warframe everyday, why did I haven't found a single elemental damage mod yet?!?!? Am I just unlucky or are they hard to find? How much time did it take to you to find an elemental damage mod?

Probably just your location or the faction you keep fighting. I've found enough duplicate elemental mods for the four weapon types (rifle, shotgun, pistol, melee) to get them to Rank 3~5 each.

Fire tends to make most enemies do a "I'm on fire oh god I'm on fire" animation. Lightning does the same animation to Corpus humanoids 100% of the time, but deals minimal damage to Infested. Ice slows what you hit down to the point that it's laughable, extremely useful against Elite mobs.

Electrical is effective against corpus and sheild's (grineers heavies and bosses), Fire effects everyone but deals extra damage against infested, ice slows their movment and attack speeds down to almost nothing and armor pen is the most effective against grineer but once you get 20%+ armor pen then you can headshot Corpus for massive amouts of damage (1500 crit with Paris on Corpus crewman)

so elemntal damage is very important

@Khodos

Wait, so they changed it with the Update 7?

It used to be the Ice element that was effective against the shields, not electricity, as far as I remember. You can also notice how our shield capacity gets reduced to 50% when the ship is damaged and covered in ice.

So if it hasn't been changed with the Update 7, then it is still recommended to use:

- Electricity against Corpus

- Ice against Grineers

- Fire against Infested

I recommend Ice even if it's not effective against others except presumably Grineers.

Basically because of slowing down enemies, very useful alongside with Armor penetrating mods since most enemies have armor save for small infects.

Also the mods for elements seems to occur somewhat often during defense rewards, could be just me though as I got them from that.