The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Novice~Veteran+ Players (Not A Rant Just Some Information To Educate)

-FrostByte-

Warframe is a FREE videogame.

You can aquire everything that adds gameplay through GAMEPLAY.

I try and support this game.

I usually spend $60~$120 on buying a new videogame. So i pour some money into WF.

It is not pay to win

it is pay for convenience IF YOU WANT TO

But if it wasn't for the plat/founders packs

THIS GAME WOULD NOT EXIST or be FREE

The Warframe staff~

Please respect the people who are working, doing their jobs trying to make ends meat.

It is their job to build and sustain this game, sometimes when they get home from work it is just to much and they need to have a breather. Adult beverages cigarettes or spouse and children is what they want. They have lives outside from their JOB. They are not your lapdogs.

You cannot reason with type "I want it free and i want it now! I cannot have that?! This game sucks!". People dont understand that free to play isnt everything for free.

Nobody makes games for fun anymore, profit numbs the feeling.

i dont waste my time competing in a game.

So... What do you do in games then? 

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I'm genuinely curious. Games are, by definition, about competition. There is no game where you don't compete against something. Sometimes other people, sometimes an AI or just against the clock.

All games are a competition. It's weird that you think you can play without competing. I mean... You do kill enemies right? And you'd... You know... Lose if they killed you, right? And you win when you kill them? That would be a competition. If you partake of it, then you are competing. 

So... What do you do in games then? 

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I'm genuinely curious. Games are, by definition, about competition. There is no game where you don't compete against something. Sometimes other people, sometimes an AI or just against the clock.

All games are a competition. It's weird that you think you can play without competing. I mean... You do kill enemies right? And you'd... You know... Lose if they killed you, right? And you win when you kill them? That would be a competition. If you partake of it, then you are competing. 

Competition? I thought WF is about teamwork.

+1 to op

This is definitely one of the best f2p games out there (if not the best)

And as for the warframe staff they have brought this game extremely far from where it was at in the very beginning, I sware everytime I come back to this game its 100x more bad &#! than before lol

Price of weapons in the market is still too high for me to support. I like this game (spent $50+ on it) but still feel the market Plat prices (at least for weapons) are too much.

And I understand they need to get paid, they need to make money and all that jazz.

Edited by Sasquatch180

I agree with Op

some people just doesn't realize we have one of the best f2p game and one of the best developers making the game better for us.

We should really be more grateful than throwing out hate comments.

I agree with Op

some people just doesn't realize we have one of the best f2p game and one of the best developers making the game better for us.

We should really be more grateful than throwing out hate comments.

As proven by the 60/100 metacitic score.

So a critic rating on a beta game should mean something?

I think what most of you don't realize is this game started with 1 map tile set, half the warframes we have now, and complete unbalanced mod system (any gun could be made extremely op)

This game has come extremely far from day 1 and more is always being added,

you cant expect the 100% full experience this early in the games life

get lost kid

I review my own games

as do others, majority is not impressed

So a critic rating on a beta game should mean something?

I think what most of you don't realize is this game started with 1 map tile set, half the warframes we have now, and complete unbalanced mod system (any gun could be made extremely op)

This game has come extremely far from day 1 and more is always being added,

you cant expect the 100% full experience this early in the games life

What should mean something is the shady business deal of releasing unfinished products on the market under the guise of a beta.

While i dont mind this particular way of distributing and finding founding for games i do mind the ridiculous idea that those games should not be reviewed, and the fact most devs dont deliver on their promises.

If its available as a commercial product to everybody, its ready for a review. 

I really cant stand it when poor and or cheap players get mad at the people who fund the game they play, and want to eradicate any incentive for paying.

People who fund the game you are too cheap and poor to fund yourself (pay for the game basically) should get some sort of exclusive or reward that sets them apart...since they are in fact paying for your ability to play free and complain that a cash shop exists.

I want to go back to pay to win.  I want to dominate the scummy gamer underclass..just put a cap on the pay to win level.  Kicking you in the face with shiny steel toe boots that are unavailable to you in game for free is my God given right as a paying player.

/rant

get lost kid

as do others, majority is not impressed

What should mean something is the shady business deal of releasing unfinished products on the market under the guise of a beta.

While i dont mind this particular way of distributing and finding founding for games i do mind the ridiculous idea that those games should not be reviewed, and the fact most devs dont deliver on their promises.

If its available as a commercial product to everybody, its ready for a review. 

Personally I'm fine if a game in beta is reviewed so long as A) The reviewer in question recognizes its in beta (they don't have to ignore or trivialize every problem, just make sure to recognize that its still being worked on.) and B) They later on do another review once the game is out of beta.

I really cant stand it when poor and or cheap players get mad at the people who fund the game they play, and want to eradicate any incentive for paying.

People who fund the game you are too cheap and poor to fund yourself (pay for the game basically) should get some sort of exclusive or reward that sets them apart...since they are in fact paying for your ability to play free and complain that a cash shop exists.

I want to go back to pay to win.  I want to dominate the scummy gamer underclass..just put a cap on the pay to win level.  Kicking you in the face with shiny steel toe boots that are unavailable to you in game for free is my God given right as a paying player.

/rant

If you want to go back to pay to win go play a different game, one that actually allows you to kick other players in the face with your S#&$ty boots that do nothing but paint a bigger target on your back.

Yeah, thats what other mmo games do right, they have 100% free small beta phase, then have a official release while still being in development, and what serves as major points for lets say another reviews are expansions packs or rerealeases (like FFIX)

/rant

Whats with the kids who spend their parent money  once feeling so proud about it ?

I bought 1k plat which is what i think is fine for a game like this, i got a real job, a pay for the entertainment i have.

And as fellow paying player i feel insulted as to how you representing us in front of the rest of yet ones to play this, your fake feeling of superiority and your inferiority complex makes you only seem like some loser trying to find anything you can different yourself with among others. But believe, nether i or you accomplished nothing special by paying for this game. If you instead spend those money on charity, now that would be something to be proud of.

If you want to go back to pay to win go play a different game, one that actually allows you to kick other players in the face with your S#&$ty boots that do nothing but paint a bigger target on your back.

are you saying warframe is a pay 2 win game?

even in conclaves you have no choice but to fight people in your 'tier' of equipment.

I buy plat and I still farm for my warframes. I only recall buying three warframes because I was excited for them. All the other ones are going to take 72hr+ and I don't mind. I usually just buy weapon slots and frame slots. Here and there a potato for a weapon I really like.

Edited by n0lyfe

I try and support this game.

I usually spend $60~$120 on buying a new videogame. So i pour some money into WF.

It is not pay to win

it is pay for convenience IF YOU WANT TO

But if it wasn't for the plat/founders packs

THIS GAME WOULD NOT EXIST or be FREE

Amen.

(Even though I'm agnostic/weak athiest)

Edited by MistaChingChung

I am not saying that, I'm saying that he/she should go and play a different game if they want to pay-to-win.

Honestly, Founders/Prime is not "Pay to Win" for me.

I've spent only about 1000 of my plat by rushing builds and cosmetics, and I've given away over 1k of it to those who I feel deserve that stated plat.

Now, if you spend 400 dollars on this game and buy everything for plat and pay someone to rank your gear, THAT'S Pay to Win...

It stpped being free when I put money to it. Now first off being a fanboy is the number 1 worst thing for any developer. Even developers say this. Secondly DE asks us to provide feedback, sometimes it csn be hard but that is why the game has a beta stamp on it. Thirdly but most importantly. As within any developer, respect is not something you should take granted. It is earned just like Infinity Ward, EA and Activision have deserved my utmost disrespect and disgust towards them. Fortunately DE has gain a lot of respect back with the latest shift towards focusing on the long time issues of the game and it seems it is getting better and better. Keep this direction and they will get a lot of praise.

EDIT: Oh and OP is a poor post. It gives zero reasons for me to change how my ideals and views about Warframe and it's developers. So I advice you work a bit on your argumentation skills, they still need some work on no offense.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

It stpped being free when I put money to it. 1Now first off being a fanboy is the number 1 worst thing for any developer. Even developers say this. Secondly DE asks us to provide feedback, sometimes it csn be hard but that is why the game has a beta stamp on it. Thirdly but most importantly. 3.As within any developer, respect is not something you should take granted. It is earned just like Infinity Ward, EA and Activision have deserved my utmost disrespect and disgust towards them. Fortunately DE has gain a lot of respect back with the latest shift towards focusing on the long time issues of the game and it seems it is getting better and better. Keep this direction and they will get a lot of praise.

EDIT: Oh and OP is a poor post. It gives zero reasons for me to change how my ideals and views about Warframe and it's developers. 3So I advice you work a bit on your argumentation skills, they still need some work on no offense.

1. How am I being a 'fanboy'?

2. DE is not anywhere near those companys, Digital extremes actually listens to feedback more so than EA/Activision. To me they have earned my respect and their posts,hardwork,constant updates prove that.

3. This post was an informative post, doesn't matter how any company runs their game Those workers and devs ARE REAL PEOPLE. Maybe you should re-read the title and what I wrote out.

Edited by n0lyfe

1. How am I being a 'fanboy'?

2. DE is not anywhere near those companys, Digital extremes actually listens to feedback more so than EA/Activision. To me they have earned my respect and their posts,hardwork,constant updates prove that.

3. This post was an informative post, doesn't matter how any company runs their game Those workers and devs ARE REAL PEOPLE. Maybe you should re-read the title and what I wrote out.

I was not referring to you but I was speaking generally that criticism is needed at all times. Yes, unconstructive toxic criticism is something that no player should practice but most players I know, hardly do so and rather they are harsh, maybe disrespecting but at least they are honest and constructive about their views, as long as it doesn't go personal. And yes, I completely understood your post but it did nothing to " educate " to any direction, at all. The points you made were statements rather than actual arguments and therefore they are not that good if you truly want to " educate ".