Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Silk, Support/espionage Frame, Dancer. 05/5/15 Added First Alt Helmet.

Senketsu_

well still they have to not look like kimonos.

its just that she looks too much like a girl with a black ops mask from naruto.

Wait why not a Kimono? are you serious, sorry but im not going to change one of the things that defines the concept. It just dosnt make sence why it cant look like a Kimono.

i am planning to make some new concept art more specified for this frame :) this was the original concept art for my warframe Pynn that i allowed Senketsu to use for his. but as i said i am planning to make a more specified one for him. (if thats ok with Senketsu)

dude absofrigginlutley!! I would love to see what you would make for my concept!! lol because I can find no time to draw right now XD and I love you artwork!

Personally I really like this look. It goes well with the graceful-yet-deadly theme. I don't see what the problem is.

Also, for feedback: the stun on Mesmeric Steps is way too long. I'd make 10 seconds the max, and even then that's quite a powerful stun.

Goodpoint ill lower it. The stun after when the ability ends is mainly ment to give her a chance to got out of the line of fire.

Goodpoint ill lower it. The stun after when the ability ends is mainly ment to give her a chance to got out of the line of fire.

Yeah, it wouldn't really make sense to not have a stun there. But I saw 30 seconds and I was like 0_0

yea u can keep the design, it looks deadly but its just im wondering if DE will allow it, i dont mean i hate it, i just meant that its different from other suits.

i wont talk bout changing the art because of the dsign anymore

KK changed the stun time of Mesmeric Step to 3/5/7/10.

Would that be affected by duration mods?

yea u can keep the design, it looks deadly but its just im wondering if DE will allow it, i dont mean i hate it, i just meant that its different from other suits.

Based off oberon's flappy bit, volt and frost's tailcoats, hydroid's flappy bit, and many of the other frames who are wearing "clothes", I'd say DE probably isn't opposed it it.

Hydroid looks like hes wearing leather, Silks armor resembles Banshees to an extent, save for the cloth physics on the Bow and on the parts of the sleeves from the forearm down. Just because it looks like a Kimono doent mean its made out the the same material as one. With game is set millions of years into the future, so it can be made out of some cloth like material that is as hard as adamantine for all we know. 

Hydroid looks like hes wearing leather, Silks armor resembles Banshees to an extent, save for the cloth physics on the Bow and on the parts of the sleeves from the forearm down. Just because it looks like a Kimono doent mean its made out the the same material as one. With game is set millions of years into the future, so it can be made out of some cloth like material that is as hard as adamantine for all we know. 

Is the kimono actually cloth, or is it part of her armor like the other frame clothes? I can't really tell from the picture.

Is the kimono actually cloth, or is it part of her armor like the other frame clothes? I can't really tell from the picture.

MrPigman said hes going to be making an actual concept art for my concept. The one on the OP right now is his original concept art for his Frame concept Pynn. Now for the cloth, the headcanon is that it is made out of a cloth like material that is very sharp along the edge and very durable, yet is as light and as smooth as silk. Now the kimono that is over her frame is made out of that material, under that, you could say is the material that all the other frames are made off. Because even though all frames have different armor stats they all somehow are made out of the same exact material, or some nonsense like that. im probably going to update the OP for that. 

the headcanon is that it is made out of a cloth like material that is very sharp along the edge and very durable, yet is as light and as smooth as silk. 

You know, the description for forma says it's a shape-changing material, and morphics are described as an amorphous solid. Both of these are orokin technology, so that's not unreasonable.

Update: I added a bit of lore explaining the "cloth" she uses. because its impossible to have something like that in a game about space ninjas that use magic :P

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179776-reworked-warframe-concept-silk-the-deadly-dancer-assassin-71014-abilities-updated-wip/?p=2096443

Edited by Senketsu_

Very nice. Personally I'd try and get a little more flavor in the lore, but that's just me. As long as it's not an origin story I'm good!

hmmm what do you mean by flavor and "as long as its not an origin story"?

That is just a part of her frame lore, Im planning on adding more once my mind come up with somthing (work harder you sexy muscle!!) I was planning on adding a history of what the frames role was durring the Orokin empire, Or I was going to make the frame like Nova and have her be a product of the "Tenno Council" and be post Orokin empire like Nova and Valkyr.

hmmm what do you mean by flavor and "as long as its not an origin story"?

That is just a part of her frame lore, Im planning on adding more once my mind come up with somthing (work harder you sexy muscle!!) I was planning on adding a history of what the frames role was durring the Orokin empire, Or I was going to make the frame like Nova and have her be a product of the "Tenno Council" and be post Orokin empire like Nova and Valkyr.

The frame origin stories usually strike me as a little silly, especially when mystery is such a big part of warframe's lore.

Edit: if you need any help writing lore let me know. I'm pretty handy with that sort of thing.

Edited by vaugahn

The frame origin stories usually strike me as a little silly, especially when mystery is such a big part of warframe's lore.

true but on another hand there are some frames with origin stories, lol like Valkyr and Nova XD so I think its a two way streat, mainly the only reason I would give a history is because people will(and have) say that its a Loki/Ash rippoff. becasue of her "hiding in plain sight" lol but if you look up the term you will find its nothing like Loki and Ash. 

true but on another hand there are some frames with origin stories, lol like Valkyr and Nova XD so I think its a two way streat, mainly the only reason I would give a history is because people will(and have) say that its a Loki/Ash rippoff. becasue of her "hiding in plain sight" lol but if you look up the term you will find its nothing like Loki and Ash. 

True. I wouldn't call valkyr and nova's backgrounds "origin stories" so much as origin blurbs. Both of those are only one or two sentences, they don't break the mystique. My only advice for writing an origin story would be to keep it as vague as possible, like the ember codex.

True. I wouldn't call valkyr and nova's backgrounds "origin stories" so much as origin blurbs. Both of those are only one or two sentences, they don't break the mystique. My only advice for writing an origin story would be to keep it as vague as possible, like the ember codex.

*has mag pull out typewriter* Oh I will :3

i like the design still but the sleeves look like a weak spot,where armor isn't, maybe make the sleeves shorter

you don't have to just my suggestion but usually people that look like this will be deadly

theres frame armor under the sleeves -_- 

Lore.

Silk was named so because of a unique material she uses with her abilities.

The Material is a rare kind of cloth material that is very sharp around the edges and very durable, yet is as light and smooth as silk, This material is what her kimono is made of that covers her frame.  

Hiding in plain sight:

Silk covers herself in a shroud causing any enemy that sees her to think she is one of there own, in this stated she does extra sneak attack damage and can preform stealth finishers. If she bumps into an enemy however, her shroud will vanish. Be careful Tenno. This ability is effected by, Power and Duration mods and is able to be toggled. And here is a meaning for the term for people who think its an invisibility power the same as Loki and Ash.   http://www.wordsense.eu/hidden_in_plain_sight/

Plz refer to these.

okay das good, frame armor under the clothes and the clothes must be hard to rip or break

I don't think they're actually clothes. For a lore explanation I'd say they're an orokin morphic material that's hard as steel while still being flexible enough to pass as fabric.

I don't think they're actually clothes. For a lore explanation I'd say they're an orokin morphic material that's hard as steel while still being flexible enough to pass as fabric.

well you can call them but for the appearance i would call them steel clothes with strong orokin fabric that is hard as armor, similar to aluminium or titanium

Edited by Hunter126