Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Silk, Support/espionage Frame, Dancer. 05/5/15 Added First Alt Helmet.

Senketsu_

here yo go m8! hope you enjoy this concept as well. i tried to make this one look like a combination of chinese dancers and the original geisha idea, its more or less what i wanted. 

EDIT: i still have to do that back as well, but if you use it ill color it.

zAZtIgu.jpg

Edited by MrPigman

here yo go m8! hope you enjoy this concept as well. i tried to make this one look like a combination of chinese dancers and the original geisha idea, its more or less what i wanted. 

EDIT: i still have to do that back as well, but if you use it ill color it.

zAZtIgu.jpg

hmmm I personally preferred just a straight up Gaisha in a Kimono, this looks nice but I feel has to much Chinese look to it. This dosnt feel right In my opinion. maybe we can PM and talk about it together maybe, ill put this in as an alternate Chinese look though. 

im sorry, I know you put work into this without getting anyhting in return. I just dont feel this look fits what the frame is, Im sorry :(

Edited by Senketsu_

hmmm I personally preferred just a straight up Gaisha in a Kimono, this looks nice but I feel has to much Chinese look to it. This dosnt feel right In my opinion. maybe we can PM and talk about it together maybe, ill put this in as an alternate Chinese look though. 

im sorry, I know you put work into this without getting anyhting in return. I just dont feel this look fits what the frame is, Im sorry :(

nah dont worry its all good! ill find a use for it, i enjoyed drawing it haha. i actually kinda figured it wouldnt be preferred because it was much more chinese. i have another geisha one in the works, im just having troubles on the head, will post it when its done.

Frankly I like the concept fine, I would personally incorporate some spider or moth elements personally to help sell the silk concept. She could literally generate silk to use for her abilities. It would also give you an idea for alternate helmets and accessories as well

Here's an example of a Cecropia Moth which is a member of the Giant Silk Moth family to use as a visual aid:

Hyalophora_cecropia1.jpg

Or you could go broke and just use the grandmother of all giant moths, Mothra, in your design:

330px-Godzilla.jp_-_28_-_FinalMosuImago_

Or if you want to use a more menacing design you could use Mothra's evil counterpart  Battra as a basis:

640px-GVMTBFE_-_Battra.jpg

Edited by Basilisk1991

Frankly I like the concept fine, I would personally incorporate some spider or moth elements personally to help sell the silk concept. She could literally generate silk to use for her abilities. It would also give you an idea for alternate helmets and accessories as well

Here's an example of a Cecropia Moth which is a member of the Giant Silk Moth family to use as a visual aid:

Hyalophora_cecropia1.jpg

Or you could go broke and just use the grandmother of all giant moths, Mothra, in your design:

330px-Godzilla.jp_-_28_-_FinalMosuImago_

Or if you want to use a more menacing design you could use Mothra's evil counterpart  Battra as a basis:

640px-GVMTBFE_-_Battra.jpg

hmm while i personaly like the Gaisha look, ill keep that in mind.

hmm while i personaly like the Gaisha look, ill keep that in mind.

I'm not saying you need to go over the top and completely redesign the frame, just adding small touches like the bow on the back of the kimono resembling moth wings, using them as a basis for a color palate (or the immortal skin), the buns on the head of her chinese concept could resemble compund eyes (they already have the right shape), and other small touches like that would go a long way without needing anything drastic. It would also fit with the theme of silk generation since silk IS actually made by the larva of moths.

Edited by Basilisk1991

I think it'd be neat just to see this warframe dart around the map, trailing cloth like a robed ghost.

Edit: Damn, I like that praying mantis vibe the latest art has

Thank you :) Im so humbled that MrPigman is willing to do the art for me, hes an amazing artist. I would like to do some of the art aswell but im not experienced enough, so it takes me awhile to draw anything. Lol im still working on a clan emblem that has been about 8 months in the making. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely LOVE the first alternate appearance. Plus the first ability alone sounds amazingly unique! Reminds me of Poison Ivy in a way, but I can definitely see it working with Silk. I also like the "Hiding in Plain Sight" ability, and "Mesmeric Steps" seems like a perfect third ability. Not sure what could really work as a fourth though, but all in all, I would absolutely love to see Silk in Waframe and I'm 100% sure I'd be using her 24/7 if I ever get my hands on this beauty!

I absolutely LOVE the first alternate appearance. Plus the first ability alone sounds amazingly unique! Reminds me of Poison Ivy in a way, but I can definitely see it working with Silk. I also like the "Hiding in Plain Sight" ability, and "Mesmeric Steps" seems like a perfect third ability. Not sure what could really work as a fourth though, but all in all, I would absolutely love to see Silk in Waframe and I'm 100% sure I'd be using her 24/7 if I ever get my hands on this beauty!

thank you so much :)

I think any frame that has a large cultural influence would be really out of place.  I'm new to the game's lore, so I don't know if it's stated exactly how many thousand years after present time Warframe takes place in, but I'd assume that much of Japan's culture is a thing of the past.  

We often emulate the cultures and fashion of civilizations that are comparatively older, though.  That said, if Earth is home to the Grineer, you gotta wonder whether or not they preserved or destroyed cultures previous to their own.  I'm banking that they didn't do the former.  

I like the idea of a frame that mesmerizes and dances.  Unsure about the infusion of Japanese culture, though.  Maybe an equivalent more fitting for the Warframe setting? 

Asian culture is the corner stone of the tenno join a massive clan go to the dojo you will see it decorated with Asian lion statues those post thingies Asian gardens all sorts of Asian stuff the tenno themselves are ninja. Trust me she is not out of place.

I really like this idea the kimono and mask is very cool the idea, warframe and her abilities are also pretty good.

Thank you very much I put alot of thought into this concept and I am still cooking out powers and stuff for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update,

Changed up and organized the OP layout.

Also changed some Power names and descriptions to have a more Dance/cloth relation.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179776-warframe-concept-silk-dancerespionage-frame-8414-updated-main-design-powers-and-thread-layout-wip/?p=2096443

Edited by Senketsu_