The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Are The True Villains In Warframe

adoomgod

Good read, and I'm enjoying everyone's take on it.  I hope the game's lore starts getting fleshed out to answer a lot of the speculation.  I'd like to actually see evidence of the humans we're supposedly defending.  Right now it feels like we're just mercenaries caught in a war between the Grineer and the Corpus.

We are just mercenaries caught in a war between the Grineer and the Corpus.

Oh, and see, Vauban is on our side:

qju5.jpg

He will get his Dera shortly ;)

If nothing else this thread serves as more proof that the majority of the gamer community has some pent up issues.

Therapy works better than simulated violence guyssss.

jkjkjk

On a more serious note. DE, when you're done stealth nerfing invasions to the point that even I, with my completionist OCD complex, don't do them anymore, ever consider making the corpus faces... a little more angry... or something. They all look like people who made bad mid-life crisis decisions to me. Poor Steve.

So the Lotus tells you, so the Lotus would have you believe, you who were asleep all this time, you who cannot remember. I prefer to listen to the one who hasn't slept, the one who holds in high regard morality over profit. While we ally with Corpus or Grineer in exchange for mods, credits, and forma, the Lotus would have you believe that this is all for balance. What balance? All I see is the reckless profiteering of the Tenno that nearly led to a Grineer-controlled system. Pfft. Balance. There is no seeking of balance, no seeking of justice, just aimless dismemberment of our enemies. The Tenno under the Lotus are no better than the Grineer or Corpus. At least the Corpus have a mind after advancement and improvement. Continue to believe the lies of the Lotus, but just take a look at her and you will notice that she is of Orokin origin. And my suspicion? That is was she who first betrayed, she who commanded the Tenno, at a moment's notice, to turn on and brutally execute the Orokin who made us the warriors that we are, who brought us back from the Void and gave us purpose instead of destroying us as we do to all others who are infected. Your words, of sole universal Tenno control, do not echo of balance. The Tenno are hypocrites. I'd rather a noble race be in control of the universe than a group of profiteering mass murderers. All hail Orokin dominion!

We sided with Grineer not for treasure or "balance", but to rescue fellow Tenno from the Zanuka Project. You are also quick to doubt the words of Lotus but not at all quick to question the rantings of enemies like Stalker, Alad V or Sargus Ruk, who we have the least reason to trust.

Fellow Tenno, you speak like a naive hindsight spectator who believes no blood ever needed to be shed for progress.

Even while sit ins and protest were going on in the past, riots were happening right behind them.

Officials like to discourage these facts because they know that such a thing actually had an effect, and they more prefer their people to be docile and easily able to be walked over.

Now, when you have systemic desire to war, diplomacy is simply not on the table, not until a side starts to give in or the military industrial complex itself is dealt with(Corpus/Twin Sisters). There is no incentive for diplomacy without the prior fear of violent retribution.

The military industrial complex itself though, does not comprehend peace or altruism, it is cold and emotionless, like the Borg, only wishing to spread wherever opportunity(More power) can be had.

It won't cease until destroyed.

With that, The Corpus and Twin Sisters Grineer are no different from the infested virus. just another abominable virus wishing to spread and infect the galaxy. I see no reason to agree to take out the Infested but not these other viruses.

Fellow Tenno, you prove that we are capable of thinking for ourselves, then are we not actually able to read the Corpus and Grineer plans for ourselves to confirm what Lotus has informed? Otherwise, do please point out the lies she has said about the Corpus and Grineer.

Edited by UrielColtan

We sided with Grineer not for treasure or "balance", but to rescue fellow Tenno from the Zanuka Project. You are also quick to doubt the words of Lotus but not at all quick to question the rantings of enemies like Stalker, Alad V or Sargus Ruk, who we have the least reason to trust.

Fellow Tenno, you speak like a naive hindsight spectator who believes no blood ever needed to be shed for progress.

Even while sit ins and protest were going on in the past, riots were happening right behind them.

Officials like to discourage these facts because they know that such a thing actually had an effect, and they more prefer their people to be docile and easily able to be walked over.

Now, when you have systemic desire to war, diplomacy is simply not on the table, not until a side starts to give in or the military industrial complex itself is dealt with(Corpus/Twin Sisters). There is no incentive for diplomacy without the prior fear of violent retribution.

The military industrial complex itself though, does not comprehend peace or altruism, it is cold and emotionless, like the Borg, only wishing to spread wherever opportunity(More power) can be had.

With that, The Corpus and Twin Sisters Grineer are no different from the infested virus. just another abominable virus wishing to spread and infect the galaxy. I see no reason to agree to take out the Infested but not these other viruses.

Fellow Tenno, you prove that we are capable of thinking for ourselves, then are we not actually able to read the Corpus and Grineer plans for ourselves to confirm what Lotus has informed? Otherwise, do please point out the lies she has said about the Corpus and Grineer.

I already said that Alad and Ruk are not to be trusted, they are to be vanquished. Anyone in a position of power should be questioned. We need to think as individuals, not as a giant group enslaved by the lotus.

I already said that Alad and Ruk are not to be trusted, they are to be vanquished. Anyone in a position of power should be questioned. We need to think as individuals, not as a giant group enslaved by the lotus.

But you think Stalker should, as should specific things said by Alad V and Sargus Ruk..

And what power does Lotus have, we have to carry her to computers for her to even do anything or to collect any intel. From the looks of it, Lotus is in a similar position to us Tenno, just a former Orokin servant. She just has information from the Orokin days.Valuable information that only a fool would ignore. And unlike the Stalker, she doesn't want to kill us and actually wants to inform us of the past orokin days, also unlike stalker, who just wants to kill amnesiacs.

I like how you present that the only way to believe Lotus is by way of group think slavery, That is false dichtomy.

It isn't group think if we have free will to observe the Grineer and Corpus plans ourselves with our Tenno abilities to confirm Lotus reports.

Lotus doesn't control us, she is just an informant, one of which we have control over allowing further access to info on the Corpus or Grineer in the first place. If you are looking to mind control and slavery then look no further than your buddy Steve's faction, the Corpus, who embraced the Zanuka Projects and hold employees like Darvo at gun point at their desks..

Edited by UrielColtan

Uh, pretty sure everything that's done is done for balance. If that were the sole reason, then we wouldn't have a choice on who to side with. At the end of the day, we're profiteers, doing things to gain some reward, whether it be a mod, or resources, or a blueprint for some prized weapon. That's why we really pick sides. That's the only major reason the Grineer have been winning, because they're dropping something worth more than the Corpus are dropping. Oh, and leave out the political commentary. Because, at the end of the day, it's politicians who make wars, not the military. No nation would be where it is today without it's military. The Tenno are a paramilitary force, and as such, are part of the military-industrial complex.

You who speak of "balance" while siding with the grineer in the gradivus dilemma... You're the ones who started this unbalancing of the solar system. Had you sided with the corpus instead... we'd be hunting the grineer for Brakk parts instead of corpus for Detron. Given Alad V's behavior during those events, the corpus were already fractured and weak.

I, for one, sided with the corpus for balance reasons, to keep grineer expansion from going berserk. (as it has.. due to the larger portion of tenno siding with them)

So if you're frustrated (as i am) that the grineer control the majority of the solar system... look no further than your fellow tenno who decided to go with that first potato out of greed. (or you can blame DE for waving the shiny) :P

But you think Stalker should, as should specific things said by Alad V and Sargus Ruk..

And what power does Lotus have, we have to carry her to computers for her to even do anything or to collect any intel. From the looks of it, Lotus is in a similar position to us Tenno, just a former Orokin servant. She just has information from the Orokin days.Valuable information that only a fool would ignore. And unlike the Stalker, she doesn't want to kill us and actually wants to inform us of the past orokin days, also unlike stalker, who just wants to kill amnesiacs.

I like how you present that the only way to believe Lotus is by way of group think slavery, That is false dichtomy.

It isn't group think if we have free will to observe the Grineer and Corpus plans ourselves with our Tenno abilities to confirm Lotus reports.

Lotus doesn't control us, she is just an informant, one of which we have control over allowing further access to info on the Corpus or Grineer in the first place. If you are looking to mind control and slavery then look no further than your buddy Steve's faction, the Corpus, who embraced the Zanuka Projects and hold employees like Darvo at gun point at their desks..

I like that you can't just laugh at a silly post and instead dissect it and take it seriously. And boohoo, I used a false dichtomy to skew my thread. Doesn't change the fact that our whole "balance keeping" is more than a bit perverse in nature. Steve is just a crewman. Just a simple member of the crew that keeps things running. He's no evil mastermind, he just wanted to retire. [DE] Drew confirmed it :]. 

@xethier, hey bud, let's keep clan discussion out of this mkay? I wasn't even here for the Gradivus Dilemma soooo your point means nothing to me.

While my thread is silly I love the fact that people actually cling to the balance argument. It's so faulty it might as well be a joke. Yeah yeah we kill and commit violence for balance. It inherently assumes that we or the lotus have the right to be the galaxy's moral authority. 

The game basically decides that peace is 100% off the table. Our best option of false "balance keeping" still creates a no-win scenario for anyone. I want to meet this so called lotus and find out her true identity.

it's important to understand how we got here to see where we're going.

this is also quite a bit off the original topic. 

we are the bad guys, we are the good guys, we are random mercenaries and hell-bent on domination.

which perspective do you want to entertain? :P

I like that you can't just laugh at a silly post and instead dissect it and take it seriously. And boohoo, I used a false dichtomy to skew my thread. Doesn't change the fact that our whole "balance keeping" is more than a bit perverse in nature. Steve is just a crewman. Just a simple member of the crew that keeps things running. He's no evil mastermind, he just wanted to retire. [DE] Drew confirmed it :]. 

@xethier, hey bud, let's keep clan discussion out of this mkay? I wasn't even here for the Gradivus Dilemma soooo your point means nothing to me.

While my thread is silly I love the fact that people actually cling to the balance argument. It's so faulty it might as well be a joke. Yeah yeah we kill and commit violence for balance. It inherently assumes that we or the lotus have the right to be the galaxy's moral authority. 

The game basically decides that peace is 100% off the table. Our best option of false "balance keeping" still creates a no-win scenario for anyone. I want to meet this so called lotus and find out her true identity.

Well i mean yeah it's a shooter so of course peace is off the table. It's just something you have to accept, we can either go with the actual reasons we do things or the lore stated reasons we do things. The part that gets me is when people confuse the two or think they are equivalent.

Dude, are you saying that the game should be like real life where we actually want to pursue peace and not war? If so, then that'd make for a boring game.

Uh, pretty sure everything that's done is done for balance. If that were the sole reason, then we wouldn't have a choice on who to side with. At the end of the day, we're profiteers, doing things to gain some reward, whether it be a mod, or resources, or a blueprint for some prized weapon. That's why we really pick sides. That's the only major reason the Grineer have been winning, because they're dropping something worth more than the Corpus are dropping. Oh, and leave out the political commentary. Because, at the end of the day, it's politicians who make wars, not the military. No nation would be where it is today without it's military. The Tenno are a paramilitary force, and as such, are part of the military-industrial complex.

"Intel shows a growing conflict that will begin on Gradivus in Mars. Expect it to spread. The Grineer are planning an operation against the Corpus lead by Sargas Ruk. Alad V of the Corpus has discovered a cache of Tenno in cryosleep and intends on exploiting them for his secret weapons project. The Grineer are outraged at this contract violation. They are using this as an excuse to invade Corpus space, enslave the local population, and grow their power. The Lotus is your guide but not your conscience. You will have to choose which side to support: Choose Loyalty, and side with the Grineer to destroy Corpus forces and free your kin. Choose Sacrifice, siding with Corpus to halt the Grineer conquest and enslavement of colonies."

That is the real reason Tenno choose sides, any rewards are to satiate the actual player. 

You can also cease from telling me what to and to not discuss. This topic was already political commentary, and if you think politics are not implicated with miltary, then you have no clue. I served and even I noticed the cogs.

You misunderstood what I was detailing, anti-military industrial complex =/= anti-military(One would think you would have noticed I was not anti-militant with my comment about violent response being necessary.). Assembly line war rackiteering is what I am addressing, waging war not because you actually need to but just to make profits and steal resources for a handful of suits, not actually doing anything for the nation. That agenda has no sympathy, no emotions, and cares not about any actual peace. It profits from divide and conquer conflict.

Edited by UrielColtan

It could very well be that Tenno choose their own missions and Lotus is just the operator. She gives you locations and briefing, helps guide you through the mission and then to extraction.

You choose what mission to do on the map, no? If you feel bothered by killing Corpus you could always just not kill them... go kill infested or corrupted.

I kept in character response, I thought it was on level with your posts, call me taking it too seriously if you want but this and your following comments just alludes to me that you actually took serious the words you were spouting despite claiming to joke butjust don't like the counter points to this lore based debate so you are taking this recourse to sully valid counterpoints. Fiction imitates a lot of reality afterall, so this is prone to happen.

Regardles, Steve wielded weapons and shoots at you, so he was not just some defenseless crewman that just kept things running, and you did allow him to retire, permanently.

If anything, Darvo is a metaphor for the fact that we actually don't just kill every Corpus we see no questions asked. If there are Corpus that really want to retire, then we will help them. Steve clearly was not one of them.

Emphasize "balance" all you want, at the end of the day, the reason Tenno sided with Grineer was to rescue Tenno, as far as lore is concerned.

Edited by UrielColtan

"Intel shows a growing conflict that will begin on Gradivus in Mars. Expect it to spread. The Grineer are planning an operation against the Corpus lead by Sargas Ruk. Alad V of the Corpus has discovered a cache of Tenno in cryosleep and intends on exploiting them for his secret weapons project. The Grineer are outraged at this contract violation. They are using this as an excuse to invade Corpus space, enslave the local population, and grow their power. The Lotus is your guide but not your conscience. You will have to choose which side to support: Choose Loyalty, and side with the Grineer to destroy Corpus forces and free your kin. Choose Sacrifice, siding with Corpus to halt the Grineer conquest and enslavement of colonies."

That is the real reason Tenno choose sides, any rewards are to satiate the actual player. 

You can also cease from telling me what to and to not discuss. This topic was already political commentary, and if you think politics are not implicated with miltary, then you have no clue. I served and even I noticed the cogs.

You misunderstood what I was detailing, anti-military industrial complex =/= anti-military(One would think you would have noticed I was not anti-militant with my comment about violent response being necessary.). Assembly line war rackiteering is what I am addressing, waging war not because you actually need to but just to make profits and steal resources for a handful of suits, not actually doing anything for the nation. That agenda has no sympathy, no emotions, and cares not about any actual peace. It profits from divide and conquer conflict.

The whole "You're/We're choosing for rewards" was the player's reasoning, not the Tenno's. I think even the original concept for warframe was that some Tenno were upholding balance while others were acting as mercenaries. At least, it's on the Wiki.

Dude, are you saying that the game should be like real life where we actually want to pursue peace and not war? If so, then that'd make for a boring game.

Izzat so? Bringing peace and stability to a universe is BORING? Well excuse me Mr. Spits-on-toddlers-for-fun, a peace-sim might actually appeal to the rest of us! ;)

I kept in character response, I thought it was on level with your posts, call me taking it too seriously if you want but this and your following comments just alludes to me that you actually took serious the words you were spouting despite claiming to joke butjust don't like the counter points to this lore based debate so you are taking this recourse to sully valid counterpoints. Fiction imitates a lot of reality afterall, so this is prone to happen.

Regardles, Steve wielded weapons and shoots at you, so he was not just some defenseless crewman that just kept things running, and you did allow him to retire, permanently.

If anything, Darvo is a metaphor for the fact that we actually don't just kill every Corpus we see no questions asked. If there are Corpus that really want to retire, then we will help them. Steve clearly was not one of them.

Emphasize "balance" all you want, at the end of the day, the reason Tenno sided with Grineer was to rescue Tenno, as far as lore is concerned.

Dude... I was messing with you. And I agree, we have to help our own kind first. My whole thing here is defend my OP even if devoid of logic. I said [DE]Drew confirmed when I knew he was joking... sorry if my joke-defense was too abrasive, i meant no harm.