Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Or Latron?

Cimyr

Question

I know they both probably have their ups and downs but Im getting sick of using my MK-1 Braton so Im looking to change to a different Rifle. Unfortunately I can figure out which is the better choice. The Boltor doesnt hit much harder than the Braton I have but it seems like a useful weapon to have with the impaling bullets.

Ive heard the Latron is really nice for head shots but Ive never been one for Semi-auto weapons. So I'll be honest, Im leaning toward the Boltor but I wanna make sure it's not a huge mistake and waste of credits and build time.

3 answers to this question

I never liked the Latron, but I love the Boltor. It takes a little practice because of the projectiles, but once you get the hang of it, it's a very powerful weapon, especially when modded. Innate armor piercing is a huge bonus.

I used the Latron a little bit before U7, it was...ok. I wasn't a fan of the low clip and such, but it is a decent rifle if you want to get into that. One thing I noticed is I never really ran out of ammo with it all that often (playing solo), but that's about the only good thing I can say about it personally. That and you can buy it instantly, boltor you'll have to craft if you don't want to bother with platinum.

That being said, I quite like the boltor. Not having to worry about always aiming for the head on grineer is a plus, but there's the additional benefit of the fact that you still have the option for aiming for the head anyway if that is what you want to do, and you won't be penalzed as much for missing.

Now there are still some downsides, shooting through shield carrying grineers isn't really possible, but if you run around them or shoot at their feet it should stumble them so you can shoot them normally.

Another downside is the bullets are projectiles, so they have travel time. That's not totally bad but it means especially for distant targets, you can't aim where they are but where they are going to be. Other than that, the weapon is pretty much 100% accurate.Right click aiming is something I do for convenience, but honestly I don't have to with this gun.

Oh and I believe frost snow globe can actually stop it's bolts from getting out. But don't quote me on that.