Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Barrel Diffusion

SerosterPrime

Question

5 answers to this question

A multishot is simply an additional shot for each bullet fired.

The % tells how often the shots proc.

The additional shots act as their own bullets and are not counted into your ammo pool usage.

They also have their own individual crit rate per additional shot.

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

With every bullet you fire, you get a chance to fire a second one at that exact same moment for no additional ammo cost. Basically doubling your damage (though it will not appear as doubled damage, if you shoot once and look quickly you should be able to see double regular damage numbers sometimes).

The default value of 20% though isn't very impressive, it means roughly one out of every five shots will become double shots. If you can raise it up to 60% or higher it pretty much means every other shot will be a double shot. If you raise it to 100%, every single shot will be double shots.

And I can't confirm this but I believe at 120% you have a chance of firing three shots per bullet.

And I can't confirm this but I believe at 120% you have a chance of firing three shots per bullet.

Yeah.

Theory behind this was that you already have a fixed second shot, with a 1/5 occurence for a third shot.

Personally, I think I might wait at 80% until I'm sure I have enough capacity for the other more 'base' damages.

80% should qualify as 100%(ish) multishot rate. That 1/5 and 3rd bullet possibilities are more like luxury options.

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

Multishot isn't a chance ffs. It's a direct upgrade to how much damage you can deal.

For weapons shooting single projectiles, it adds the multishot % to each bullet you fire. The game rounds down if it is below 100% automatically, but the carryover adds up and when it reaches 100%, you fire an extra bullet.

For shotguns, it simply increases the amount of pellets you fire by the multishot % and total pellet count.