Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insufficient Video Memory Crash

evil_m3nace

To clarify the EE txt or the EE.CFG?

The file will be named "EE.log" if you have the "Hide Known File Extensions" unchecked in your folder options in the windows control panel. Here's what your folder should look like:

hpaX604.png

Because it's a ".log" file I think windows will automatically consider it a text file (and open it as such). The EE.cfg file is something else (I believe it stores your saved settings for the launcher or the game). The EE.log file on the other hand contains a detailed list of almost everything that happens inside of the Warframe.exe file while it's running, including the parameters of the program leading up to the crash.

U12 is eating memory like crazy.

I hope DE releases a fix for this next week. playing Crysis is stroll in the park 4 my pc... Warframe not so much, thats beyond absurd!!!

Performance always goes down after updates because of how much bigger the game gets. It will be fixed I'm sure :P

The file will be named "EE.log" if you have the "Hide Known File Extensions" unchecked in your folder options in the windows control panel. Here's what your folder should look like:

Because it's a ".log" file I think windows will automatically consider it a text file (and open it as such).

Ah got it, and sent.

Thank you my good man. Have a great weekend.

Performance always goes down after updates because of how much bigger the game gets. It will be fixed I'm sure :P

I know and I really hope it gets fixed soon.

My hours ingame have been decreasing thanks to issues like this, i'm starting to miss me some Warframe already but i have faith the devs will fix this.

Edited by Bazools

I know and I really hope it gets fixed soon.

My hours ingame have been decreasing thanks to issues like this, i'm starting to miss me some Warframe already but i have faith the devs will fix this.

Agreed, minus the faith in developers part. I've tried this game on different computers, made upgrades to mine since, it's never worked for 3 games in a row on any computer I've played it on. There's no other games I can't play besides this one, but I'm sure they'll get it fixed eventually... lol. (Unplayable since Update 9... or maybe 8.)

Had the very same thing happen to me yesterday & it required a full system reboot to fix.

not going to bother with the DXdiag report or the ee.log as DE know about the issue & will fix it whenever I would guess.

As for the comment about things like this not making the game appealing, yeah & when combined with the other issues it makes it hard to even get people to want to give it a try for the first time.

Here is hoping it will be fixed soon

• 1 month later...

I fortunately haven't had any of the problems you guys have mentioned but I have noticed some settings making extremely big differences in GPU core usage and VRAM use. For one, leaving the nVidia control panel settings at default, enabling every option in the Warframe display tab to the highest setting and then turning vertical sync to "on" MSI Afterburner shows my GPU usage between 40 and 60% and my cards stay cool. If I completely disable V-sync my FPS goes through the roof something like 300-400 fps but my GPU usage gets pinned to 98-100% and my cards get mighty warm.

Also, I've read on the nVida site that if there are any other graphics drivers installed on the system PhyX will be disabled. With that said I am running my primary monitor off 2 nVidia cards in SLI while my secondary monitor is plugged into the CPU's integrated graphics port on the motherboard and PhyX still works just fine. So go figure?

As far as running out of VRAM I have every option possible maxed out plus I use the enhance antialiasing option in the nVidia control panel on a 1900x1200 screen and MSI's graph has never shown memory usage over 1500MB. Try checking in the launcher screen options and making sure the force 64bit version is checked off at least that will eliminate any out of RAM problems.

Hope that sheds some light or at least inspires solutions!

I'm getting the same condition since this updates
especially when i'm playing T3 MD
BTW, how to create the EE log file if you're steam user? since there are no WF files in my CPU

Edited by nexus25

The game writes the EE.log automatically every game session.  If using Vista/7/8 check C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Local\Warframe.

since there are no WF files in my CPU

Not sure where your going with that one.