General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×
Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friends show as offline, and no active matches

Hammercannon

before this bug started i was playing with a friend but then we got like a massive freeze then game got back to normal but we were on different sessions,we rejoined but after a minutes of playing same thing,freeze,back to normal,different sessions.Now friends are offline when they are not =/.Well beta problems the usual :D

I used to have this problem, and I could see that my friend was 'Online', but was unable to join his session. Late last night / early this morning (1 AM, 2 AM), I had gone to get a drink, and mistakingly left the three options (Online, Private, & Solo), to 'Online'. I usually play 'Solo', but I guess I had accidentally changed it at some point whilst alt+tabbing. Anyways, I came back, and I could see all the 'Active Squads', and everything else. I literally did nothing.

Also, Hamachi doesn't work if you can't even see active squads. I think it's honestly just taking a long time for our client to connect to their servers for online play. Not sure why, but that's why I'm thinking. Right now, when I launch the game, I can't see any active squads immediately, but, after I leave it in 'Online' for a short stint, fool around in 'Arsenal' for a bit, or just alt+tab and browse Reddit. Come back, and I can see the squads again.

Maybe I'm crazy, but that's what has happened, and worked, for me.

Hey there,

I have successfully fixed this bug by having both me and 2 friends port-forward Port 3960 and 3962 on TCP and UDP on our Routers,

and double checking our firewall settings to allow Warframe through.

Just letting UDP pass would let us see each other online, but we couldn't join, forwarding TCP as well allowed us to join each other's games, finally. :)

Hope this can be of help to anyone, if you are unsure on how to forward ports to your computer, check http://portforward.com/ for instance!

This bug reminds me of a similar issue that the original Borderlands for PC had on it's launch. The problem there was the fact that they were using gamespy for their online matchmaking and for some reason gamespy's software didn't like dealing with wireless routers. I'm sure it's not the same problem, especially since I'm hooked up via LAN, but I hope it doesn't take almost a year for you guys to fix like they did.

Well I have to log out and then log back in to see friends online and even when we see each other online trying to get into a match together is very difficult usually fails:( Please fix as soon as you can because half the fun in this game is stomping stuff with friends.

Hey there,

I have successfully fixed this bug by having both me and 2 friends port-forward Port 3960 and 3962 on TCP and UDP on our Routers,

and double checking our firewall settings to allow Warframe through.

Just letting UDP pass would let us see each other online, but we couldn't join, forwarding TCP as well allowed us to join each other's games, finally. :)

Hope this can be of help to anyone, if you are unsure on how to forward ports to your computer, check http://portforward.com/ for instance!

Didnt work for my friend and i, in fact after opening the ports we went from seeing one another to offline bug...and still cant connect to one another so... this isnt 100% full proof.