Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The New Warframe Cost So Much Oxium?

Ozais

2000 oxium why so high? just for the bp

That's probably because you're in a big clan. Don't worry, you'll need 600 more to actually craft the components later.

well it does not feel like im in a big clan due to ppl hardly being online

Then I suggest you find a more active clan... otherwise getting Zephyr will be a b**ch for you. I'm still farming for the Oxium to craft it.

Also, what DaftMeat said.

yeah, you'll need 200 per component once you actually research all those BP's, so hopefully you can get clanmates to help you out. if you guys all run kappa missions together and kill oxium ospreys before they suicide, you can get 200 per run between the 4 of you. hopefully it'll be more than just you 4 contributing, though. good luck

unfortunatly even in my small clan thats the norm with a players life expectancy being pretty low, seen several posts of ppl in larger clans mentioning a lack of activity and tbh this should be a pretty clear sign that the game needs to have the already often mentioned shortcomings addressed fast.

better/clearer scoring/epeen system

making mastery actually do something of worth

tutorials

end game

fixing new player weapon dmg stats (the mk1 slash vs grineer while taking corpus mastery test?)

fixing the mod drop system for new players (my new u12 account cleared most of earth and still had no serration/speed trigger or any dmg affecting mods at all)

^fix some of these and we may not have as many ppl flocking away in droves after a short time of play.

Hey Junkbot, have you tried the Lone Rangers clan? I believe it was created for people who are only interested in the research. Maybe they are recruiting.

when they add new items to the game they make it available as if a new player just started.  a new player would have alot of oxium buy the time they start making warframes.

i had over 2000 oxium when they introduced the warframe.  i think they implemented it okay.  the warframe isn't that great anyway.  most players love the mobility but meh.  most missions are camping and loki/volt can rush maps better.

yeah i might join your clan 

If you want a clan with full research and active players, join mine.  We're a shadow clan split in NA and EU, all of us atleast log on every day and we play everyday.

On the Oxium cost, it's easily farmable, but takes time.

The thing is zephyr isnt a get-it-now-thing, they made it so as if the game was fresh new, or in the point of view of new players.

Corpus mission are meant to be played allot, and wile players do it they collect more ox, until they reach a certain stage were they actually can build it, cause they have advanced that much in the game.

As an example for any player that has been in the game for more then 3-4 months its super easy for them to build derelict keys, but new players are required to play more if they want to be able to build derelict keys.

If ox was there since the beginning of the game non of us would complain or have trouble, but it was a recent thing, and for us is now a semi-rare recourse, but it wont be in the next few months if a new weapons or frame requires it to build.

that's.... not the fault of the game. these Oxium prices are VERY fair if you split it up amongst Clan Members. 80,000 Oxium(before all of the costs were severely cut for no real reason) for a 1000+ Clan? that's two missions a piece, three at worst. very fair. 

now, if 950 of those players were not around... that's a different story. but the prices made complete sense for the Tiers, if you worked together like you're freaking supposed to.

as for the 600 for the Blueprints themselves, that's ~10 missions. not really a big deal. people spend more missions than that getting Warframe parts from bosses sometimes. so it's about the same.

people get really worked up over odd things.

Edited by taiiat

it was easier.. apparently some recent hotfix lowered osprey spawn rates.. on average its halved now.

Weird... ran one Kappa yesterday for my gear (thus, not focusing on Oxium) and I got 44 in a single run; either the spawn rate adjustment hasn't made it through or there wasn't any to begin with.

Weird... ran one Kappa yesterday for my gear (thus, not focusing on Oxium) and I got 44 in a single run; either the spawn rate adjustment hasn't made it through or there wasn't any to begin with.

People get 36 on average, at least for me, when I run kappa, if the people are running around going on Killstreaks in their heads or something, I'm at risk of getting 20 or lower Oxium.

A good Run for me is getting 59+, wich I CAN get if everyone plays right, and has an Ogris or Penta, because the thing to get Oxium in kappa is: Stay at 1 place, kill as fast and as many as you can, spam the 4th power using Oberon or Volt (cant be Nova though, she slows them down, Rhino doesnt kill them outright in kappa, and they stay suspended and you cant kill them if they are out of view). You better make a team for this, because I was spamming Oberon's Ult and got called a herp derp before I told them why I was doing that, they were understanding afterwards, but its better to make a team with the best OHK with AoE dmg to farm it.

People get 36 on average, at least for me, when I run kappa, if the people are running around going on Killstreaks in their heads or something, I'm at risk of getting 20 or lower Oxium.

A good Run for me is getting 59+, wich I CAN get if everyone plays right, and has an Ogris or Penta, because the thing to get Oxium in kappa is: Stay at 1 place, kill as fast and as many as you can, spam the 4th power using Oberon or Volt (cant be Nova though, she slows them down, Rhino doesnt kill them outright in kappa, and they stay suspended and you cant kill them if they are out of view). You better make a team for this, because I was spamming Oberon's Ult and got called a herp derp before I told them why I was doing that, they were understanding afterwards, but its better to make a team with the best OHK with AoE dmg to farm it.

Pretty much... which means that a full team doing such tactics gets around 200 Oxium a run; if they're all clanmates, then they pretty much already covered 10% of the required 2000 (as per the OP's statement). Have 5 teams of 4 all at once and you have a good chance to only need two runs to fill up the Oxium requirement.

So really, it's more a problem about their clan being inactive than the requirement being too high.

Hey Junkbot, have you tried the Lone Rangers clan? I believe it was created for people who are only interested in the research. Maybe they are recruiting.

This. We're a big no strings active clan. Just post in the thread linked and one of the recruiters will sort you out.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67776-the-lone-rangers-soloers-clan-moon-tier-completed-dojo-clan-recruitment-thread-20-recruitment-re-begun/page-82