The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassination Idea - Mini-Bosses

Morec0

One of the things that bothers me the most is rushing. Sometimes it's worse than others. Exterminate missions just clean out everything along the way, spy or deception missions just do all the work for you, rescue... well, no one plays rescue after the first run. But where it REALLY bothers me is in the Assassination department, because when I run Assassination missions I do it to enjoy the boss fight, and if I get left behind by a group for whatever reason I'm going to miss out on a good chunk (if not all) of the awesome.

The harder bossfights have been changing this, slowing them down when they get to it, but I'd still like to be there for 100% of the fight with the characters I find most interesting. To this, and as just a way of making the missions just a TOUCH more interesting, I propose an idea: mini-boss fights.

These would be scaled down, easier fights with a miniboss randomly pulled from that race's roster. They'd be easier, would have unique mechanics, but all in all wouldn't be as time-consuming as a regular boss - read: "they'd only have one phase of combat".  They wouldn't drop parts, but would have a higher chance of dropping rare mods and resources than even their real-boss-counterparts. Also of note: minibosses could be used for Assassination Alerts in place of regular bosses - so no more wondering how old Vay Hek is still around and how he still has legs!

In my mind, though, only Grineer and Corpus would get minibosses, since the only two instances of Infested bosses in game kinda revolve around a speed run (Phorid moreso than Lephantis, but still) and to put an obsticle in the way of that would be... disheartening and overall irritating.

I'll be using this as an index for the various ideas for this I come up with. The list is an idea of concepts I'll be using, the ideas will be fleshed out, posted, and more will follow in time:

Grineer:

Grineer Sergeant

Grineer Magistrate

Corpus:

Corpus Cassowary

Corpus Regulator Osprey

Edited by Morec0