Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Or Ember?

ToxicEdd013

Question

17 answers to this question

Ember is a bad frame go with frost. I say this having picked her first and being very disappointed in what I recieved.

Ember and frost to completely differant jobs

Ember is better for crowd control, much much better. Ember tends to be best agaisnt infested yes but she isnt a tank.

Ember currently is one of my favorite frames (I swear i play teh characters no-one ever plays... like Talon in LoL). Ember is more like a mage, She deals massive damage to a large area yet she dies to a splinter in her toe.

Frost on the other hand is a massive tank. with 150 base health and a way to be invinicble frost is better fo lasting through the battle

frost is very very powerful but you have to get him to a high level to do any damage in my opinion. Frost is there for the same reason as rihno, to TANK.

In conclusion its really a matter of personal preferance and what role you like playing.

Ember is better for crowd control, much much better. Ember tends to be best agaisnt infested yes but she isnt a tank.

Ember currently is one of my favorite frames (I swear i play teh characters no-one ever plays... like Talon in LoL). Ember is more like a mage, She deals massive damage to a large area yet she dies to a splinter in her toe.

That's the problem. She doesn't really do crowd control better. The only crowds she kinda controls are Infested, and that's because their AI makes them run right at her and through her fire traps. Against every other enemy type she can't really do much control. Most of area affect powers die out too fast to really help guard against pushes from Grineer or Corpus. She also doesn't do "massive" damage. World on Fire has been a bit of a joke since it was added and U7 did nothing to help it.

I play mostly Ember. I love fire control classes, used to run a fire based Controller in City of Heroes. The Ember is not that. She either needs more damage from her fires or they need to last longer. It really almost feels like the Ember should be a Tank. Overheat and Fire Blast both make you move in fairly close. Fireball needs a touch more AoE so it can actually be useful for flushing ranged foes from cover... shoot at the ground at the base of cover and either force the AI deeper so it can't shoot, or flush it out into the open.

There are just things about the Ember that are not quite up to the level they should be. Also I hate that Range boost makes Fire Blasts dead zone even bigger. Dat deadzone inside the ring man....

Edited by Brasten

Ember and frost to completely differant jobs

Frost on the other hand is a massive tank. with 150 base health and a way to be invinicble frost is better fo lasting through the battle

frost is very very powerful but you have to get him to a high level to do any damage in my opinion. Frost is there for the same reason as rihno, to TANK.

In conclusion its really a matter of personal preferance and what role you like playing.

lol these help alot now thanks but i play with like 2 other friend and one is going as NYX and other is going as Rino and i see ember been a good choice for the small squad but i like frost cuz im always a tank role type person

Ember isn't better for crowd control. She doesn't have any crowd control. Do you even know what crowd control is?

Anyway, OP, Ember is one of my favorite frames. I like her style and I find her fun to play. She does damage over time and AoE fire damage. Her 4th skill is S#&$. Her 1st and 2nd skills have some uses here and there. Her 3rd skill creates a ring of fire that damages anything that walks into the fire. Does pretty good damage. Proper positioning can land it against most enemies well enough to kill them. Kills those dumb roller balls from the grineer for you so you don't have to deal with them. The thing is, fire damage is stupid in this game right now. It's not so great against Grineer/Corpus because it's actually pretty low damage, but it does double against infested. (Which is why, I think, DE has it kind of low in the first place.) It ends up being really effective against infected because it does so much damage to them and because they have to run through it to attack you (lacking ranged weapons). She can solo farm Xini pretty easilly with her 3. She's basically underpowered everywhere else, though. Buyer beware.

Frost is a top tier frame. He has plenty of useful abilities in a variety of situations and he is quite durrable. I've not played him much myself so I can't really go into detail, but he's a pretty easy recommendation. If you are unsure, Frost is probably the way to go.

i am already frustrated with farming for ember bp all i have is 3x helmets bp nothing else XD

That happens to all warframe farming, going to frost won't make it any different other than you being outclassed by the enemies there.

That happens to all warframe farming, going to frost won't make it any different other than you being outclassed by the enemies there.

well i already start on ember so im finish her off and then later work on frost lol today i got lucky and got the system been farming for the material