Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Damage, The Enemy Of The Common Player

themarksman10109

We all know that pesky feeling when slash status symbol shows up on your warframe and health begins to drain away at a constant rate. The worst part is you can't do anything about it as you watch the slash damage ignore your shields. What do you guys think about slash damage and the other forms of damage?  

@letir

And if you have IS up dont stand too close to an ally if there are blast damage enemies nearby. Because while nothing can proc if it hits you, if it hits your friend and procs blast and you are within the radius you can be knocked on your &#! even though IS is still up. I've had it happen a decent amount. In all other situations you're correct.

But the answer to a *common* status ailment should not be to just use an arbitrary frame. That is never a good answer.

Bleeding is broken in this game.

Especially considering that there are no good health items that are regularly available without grinding earth for rarish plant spawns.

So the team heal restores are useless against them, you can be bleeding for 100+ damage (Mostly from eviscerators, especially considering it can stack up to much higher) per tick (and it ticks 7 times in 5 seconds) and you will die with literally nothing you can do about it. All because of a hit and a lucky RNG roll by the enemy.

Bleed is just a horrible gameplay element.

It pretty much boils down to this: Get hit by eviscerator blade and have your shields barely touched. Have RNG roll and hope it doesn't decide to just kill you with absolutely no way to protect against it/prevent it (unless you happen to have oberon or trinity). Repeat for every eviscerator blade that barely scratches your shields.

At the very least DE needs to provide a *lot* more ways to restore health quickly, or hek even make the team heal restores NOT take 20 seconds to heal you, or make the enemies actually drop health orbs a lot more commonly so that you can actually replenish your health.

I hate to say it, but honestly? It's going to come down to two choices:

A) Do we want bullets, one of the most common enemy attack forms, to even do slash damage? It might not really 'fit' the flavor of the game at this point, with impact/puncture damage seeming to have attack-focused emphasis.

B) Do we want slash damage to even do DoT, which can stack to higher than intended damage values due to proc chances and rate of fire? It might make more sense to have DoT effects restricted to more rare or pure elemental types of damage like Heat and Toxin, with Slash causing a different sort of mechanical effect.

Edited by KoshLovesYou

@DoomFruit

Im inclined to agree with you there.

The other option that they have is make slash unable to kill you.

Allow it to reduce you to 1 HP but no lower.

That keeps Eviscerators and other bleed heavy units dangerous, your shields go down you're dead, but they prevent them from just killing you with no way to prevent it.

I just drop health packs once in a while, doesn't stop it being incredibly annoying though. Bleed damage in general should be looked at again in my opinion, it's both illogical from a lore standpoint (inflicting tissue damage without breaking the shield, what?) and annoying as all buggery in game.

I've just returned since last playing in May 2013, literally when the Dojo was just introduced. I had no clue there had been a remodification to the whole damage system. So far, I don't like it. I'll deal with the other things like puncture and different elemental combonations, but slash and it's bleed effect determined by RNG is just an annoyance. It doesn't necessarily make the game harder or easier, just a PITA.

I read in another thread that they're considering making the effect impossible to occur if your health is below a certain point. Other people say it shouldn't happen above 50% shields. I'm still for and always will be for it's complete removal as it serves no purpose whatsoever. When talking of its use on enemies, I really don't care as all I'm interested in is DPS/TTK, not an RNG effect.

For my next coop game with friends, I was going to introduce them to Warframe, but I don't think either of them will enjoy it much--aside from how the game's imbalance has seem to have grown since my leave.