The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does De Feel...

Instinction

About being only one week away from the next part of Update 12? (If they do indeed intend to release in one week, as per norm.)

I'm kinda curious to know if DE feels that "crunch time" when they have to make all the final preparations to try and make sure the update goes out smoothly as possible on time.... Lol, "smoothly".... well that's what hot fixes are for.

Anyways, just wondering, where you at with the next bit DE?

And are you guys as excited as I am?

Cuz I'll tell you how I feel about endgame and melee2.0

long-tongue-bear-at-the-zoo.jpg

SO MUCH WANT.

Melee 2.0 I am excited for, yes. It's an improvement that benefits gameplay throughout the game and can be expanded upon to allow for even deeper combat if need be. Endgame - meh. 2 out of 3 concepts aren't going to be endgame but rather another layer of grind that players will force their way through as fast as possible before (rightfully) complaining about a lack of meaningful endgame.

I am not even the slightest excited.. but that is mainly due to myself feeling downed after all the empty promises and stuff DE has said in the last months. I have no faith in them, or their game, anymore.

Edited by se05239

Guest CrimsonCrown

The Soon and Right around the Corner and No comment things are getting old, DE.

Remember how at first it was supposed to be a week, then two, now 3, we're lucky if we'll get it in 2015.

I am not even the slightest excited.. but that is mainly due to myself feeling downed after all the empty promises and stuff DE has said in the last months. I have no faith in them, or their game, anymore.

Have you ever played Need for Speed World? Now THOSE are broken promises. 2 years+ worth of them.

Edited by f-e-a-r-s

I'm counting on the endgame to restore some of the fun this game as lost over the last months. Grinding and fighting against rng is not that fun contrary to some opinions.

Melee 2.0 will be the coming of something that should have been present since the beginning so not much excitement there. Although these are really slow add-ons to the game they will help further the range o future possibilities imo.

For today's hotfix what I expected more than another weapon is performance fixes cause the game as become almost impossible to enjoy for some users since U12 (glitches and freezing frames all over the place). My 2 cents.

Edited by Bazools

Have you ever played Need for Speed World? Now THOSE are broken promises. 2 years+ worth of them.

"Yes, we're going to fix many of the bugs and start banning hackers." *Bugs go unfixed, hackers go unbanned, and they release more and more cars.*

"Yes, we're going to fix many of the bugs and start banning hackers." *Bugs go unfixed, hackers go unbanned, and they release more and more cars.*

Actually, they have never released any new content for the past year and almost a half. PLUS, the so called dev team that "needed time to get used to the code" had more than 6 months to do so, and still nothing. But this discussion is off-topic...

Plus a pretty much holistically pay to play game despite being termed a free to play game.

Well, it's more like a Pay2Win game, but yeah, with all the better/competitive cars being only available for real money, it's more pay2play. Also, if I were bashing them like this on their forums, I'd be on the verge of getting a warning already.

Edited by f-e-a-r-s

Yeh, I am with se05, I am not excited at all for it. I don't know why people are so excited about end game. It's just much much more grind. You grind extra XP (you can't even level up your normal weapons) that extra XP goes into focus lenses which also need so much grinding to reach max rank to get the most of them and then after that you choose some kind of tree (and imagine how you will get points for that, yes grinding!). 

Oh and that whole organisation thing, it's just so much more grinding to get exclusive items. It's like normal Prime weapons but parts are replaced with favor points of whatever they add. 

I am not looking forward to any of that :/

Well theres always a door, just don't let it hit you when you walk out.

Yeh, I am with se05, I am not excited at all for it. I don't know why people are so excited about end game. It's just much much more grind. You grind extra XP (you can't even level up your normal weapons) that extra XP goes into focus lenses which also need so much grinding to reach max rank to get the most of them and then after that you choose some kind of tree (and imagine how you will get points for that, yes grinding!). 

Oh and that whole organisation thing, it's just so much more grinding to get exclusive items. It's like normal Prime weapons but parts are replaced with favor points of whatever they add. 

I am not looking forward to any of that :/

And the fact that people love to grind to max level doing the same thing over and over only for the ability to grind the same level or another over nd over again.

Honestly, these so called "White Knights" that defend all the grind are the same ones that do this crap. No matter what game they play and how much activities with a great amount of xp the game gives, they still prefer to stay in the same place and grind themselves to dust to reach max level so they can do it again on another level.

What's with these guys? What drives them. And do they really have any place defending massive grinds like games like warframe provide. For all people know, they could be selfish and want all this grind because they love it and to hell with other people. A perfect example of this would be the Oxium threads and how they belittle the people that oppose their precious grind like it's the only thing this game should have going for it..

grind this grind that. Even the non MMOs are halo, gears, COD, etc. are providing that grind. Nothing but grind lovers out there defending the grind.

So here's a question to all the grind lubbers:

Why is it you love grind so much?

Why is it you defend it without forethought and so much malice?

WHy is it precious to you?

What's in a grind?

Why hate on people that refuse to do it and especially want it lessened even there there is so much grind elsewhere?

Why is it hard to accept people doing less work then you did to accomplish the same thing.

And most importantly, why ignore everything else just to grind the same level over and over only to level up and grind another or the same level over and over?

Are you grind@#&*(s?

Guest CrimsonCrown

And the fact that people love to grind to max level doing the same thing over and over only for the ability to grind the same level or another over nd over again.

Honestly, these so called "White Knights" that defend all the grind are the same ones that do this crap. No matter what game they play and how much activities with a great amount of xp the game gives, they still prefer to stay in the same place and grind themselves to dust to reach max level so they can do it again on another level.

What's with these guys? What drives them. And do they really have any place defending massive grinds like games like warframe provide. For all people know, they could be selfish and want all this grind because they love it and to hell with other people. A perfect example of this would be the Oxium threads and how they belittle the people that oppose their precious grind like it's the only thing this game should have going for it..

grind this grind that. Even the non MMOs are halo, gears, COD, etc. are providing that grind. Nothing but grind lovers out there defending the grind.

So here's a question to all the grind lubbers:

Why is it you love grind so much?

Why is it you defend it without forethought and so much malice?

WHy is it precious to you?

What's in a grind?

Why hate on people that refuse to do it and especially want it lessened even there there is so much grind elsewhere?

Why is it hard to accept people doing less work then you did to accomplish the same thing.

And most importantly, why ignore everything else just to grind the same level over and over only to level up and grind another or the same level over and over?

Are you grind@#&*(s?

What enables them is a fake sense of acknowledgement.