Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Master, Void Faster

corpuskiller20

Another vote for actually trading only prime for prime (NO plat or mods).

This way you still need to do void missions to get prime gear, but if you're unlucky and keep getting duplicates, you can ease the grind and trade them for other peoples duplicates.

DON'T YOU DARE!

DE Sheldon THIS IS THE ONLY TIME NOT TO LISTEN TO PLAYERS!

trading prime parts??????? this was my favorite bad idea in my bad ideas thread. this will take out the luster of having THE PRIME

A prime is essentially showing a players' experience through the monsters of grinding, loosing hope, regaining that hope, and pushing themselves to the limit to literally GO FOR THE GOLD.

Please just PLEASE don't do this. I know this is prime part trading is your way of increasing your profits exponentially but think what it does to people who grind grind grind just to have these beautiful trophies. To show other players that he has accomplished some of the harder feats in this game. 

Having a primed weapon, warframe, etc. is showing other players that you made it through that echelon, the primes show that this player is a pure tenno who has committed himself to this game because they loved it with all their heart and soul. 

Explain this to me DE, what happens to a game where its easy to get ALL the best weapons and ALL the best armor? It becomes unplayable. With the lines between new players and ranked veterans smashed to bits with this feature your trying to implement this game will become absolutely pointless to play as there is no GOAL WEAPONS AND ARMOR to strive for.

I myself have been grinding day in and day out for the burston prime barrel, as it is the last piece i require for this prime weapon, and every day i go up to 40 mins with nothing but tower 1 keys and a few uncommon cores. but you know what? i am still determined to get that damned BARREL you know WHY? because then i will BE part of that upper Echelon of players who have gave it their all to strive for this weapon, some more than others. I am rank 11, almost 12 and i STILL haven't gotten my orthos prime yet because i keep getting tower keys, cores, and handles. BUT I STILL KEEP GOING CAUSE I KNOW ITS WAITING FOR ME!

Most of the time when i get the piece for my prime weapon/warframe it is usually the same day im having fun with my friends in the game and that i didn't care for it at the moment. Then when i see the component on the rewards indicator at the end of the mission I FLIP MY S**T run around the house and scream in joy, scaring the crap out of my dog and sister in the process.

Putting in trade-able prime parts will ruin the game NOT ONLY because of the pay - to - win taking over this game completely. but also the loss of HOURS of replay value. I MEAN WHAT IS THE POINT OF PLAYING A TOWER WHEN I CAN BUY THE REWARDS FROM SOMEONE ELSE?????  

As i watch comments being added to this forum as i type this plea, i wonder how many are with me in this subject? probably none, maybe some, never all.

You HAVE TO UNDERSTAND DE please! I am never one to complain in this game, never said one bad thing about it, and tried to be up to date on it as much as possible. This is legitimately the first MMO i have ever come to love enough to be courageous enough to talk on the forums and share some of my art. I have tried my best to make friends in this community through my gameplay and chatting in the forums posting sometimes funny pictures of me screwing up in a tower parkour or being chase/beaten to death by the stalker in my soloing. Hek! one time my computer froze when i was trying to make a booben helmet alert thread and it ended up creating 4 threads, to which a moderator gave me a warning post. That warning post made me have a nervous breakdown, funny enough, i explained it to that person and they lifted the warning point, then i felt so much better i took another grinding escapade for the burston prime and got the last piece for my bronco prime :D

I have accumulated friends in this game that respect me for being kind and generous to players from giving them free rare mods, to which they have been trying their hardest to grind but to no avail, to helping them grind for the parts and being able to see them loose their s**t in the process, a timeless classic.

This post may get swept up and lost in between the players who would love this game-destroying feature implemented, as well as maybe some who see this great flaw it doesn't matter to me. 

I do not speak to you DE as a customer, i speak to you now as a friend whom you never met, or even talked to. Please don't do this to your game, 

~This will bring about its end

DeathMavrik

if memory serves "prime trading" was supposed to be included in original trading. i also recall you guys said that "you better keep these parts of a weapons" on a livestream.

Yup. And then they said they changed it.

What, did you think you found some kinda "Gotcha!" moment? I guess you caught him, better not release prime trading.

are they trying to kill the game?

first the SC fiesco and now this?

I suspect they had a fun party involving loads of alcohol and then decided to make these changes, which might sound great at first, but are bad for the game overall if you look at all the consequences. 

Way to take the value out of my hard-earned gear. If everything can be bought there's no point in striving for some higher goal, because some rich spoiled kid will have already bought it and made you feel like an idiot for wasting time when you could have just spent cash.

I completely understand the frustration at not being able to find a certain part, but making them purchasable is not the way to fix it.

Will this be extended to include special weapons bps, and things? like if I have a surplus of stalker gear can I trade that for say some alert swords that have excaped my grasp, or detron pieces or something?

also, I agree with tons of other people in saying that it NEEDS to be Prime for prime. plat should never be able to work ever.

Edited by CelsiusPrime

To the complaints about the idea of "primes for plat" it's not like they are adding the primes to the market. If anything it's your chance to get free plat by selling gear to people with more money than play time.

& the difference is exactly where? Does it matter who sells it? It is an inflation of actual content, one of the few things you couldn't obtain with money. Now with the cores and tradable prime parts, the only thing which is left is some kind of experience token to boost weapons/warframes/sentinel to 30.

Edited by talichan

A prime is essentially showing a players' experience through the monsters of grinding, loosing hope, regaining that hope, and pushing themselves to the limit to literally GO FOR THE GOLD.

what happens to a game where its easy to get ALL the best weapons and ALL the best armor? It becomes unplayable. With the lines between new players and ranked veterans smashed to bits with this feature your trying to implement this game will become absolutely pointless to play as there is no GOAL WEAPONS AND ARMOR to strive for.

Putting in trade-able prime parts will ruin the game NOT ONLY because of the pay - to - win taking over this game completely. but also the  loss of HOURS of replay value. I MEAN WHAT IS THE POINT OF PLAYING A TOWER WHEN I CAN BUY THE REWARDS FROM SOMEONE ELSE?????  

DeathMavrik

Sorry to cut out parts of the post, but I wanted to quote and highlight  the most important bits. Fully agree with everything. 

This game already has problems with effort/reward and goals and reasons to play for, trading prime parts would kill it. 

Edited by Monolake

The difference is one is a sink the other is an economy. Also the ability of someone else buying a gun doesn't lower my ability to earn a gun. Don't like the system, don't use it. It's really rather simple. 

Edit: And honestly Warframe is /not/ a loot game when it comes to the weapons (mods is debatable but still not in my view.) It's a shooter. I play it since I like to shoot things not because I'm looking for some validation by seeing my numbers go up. I've got PoE for that.

Edited by Kazzamo

…Prime Trading.  

BOOM.gif

That’s right, Prime Trading.

This means that you will be able to trade “Prime Blueprints” and “Prime Parts” with other players. Have 5 Ember Prime Chassis but no Helmets – find someone in the other situation and make a swap. Simple as that, using the same trading that you know and love from mod and key trading.

When’s it coming?

Just around the corner… and it’s a small small corner.

DE_Sheldon

Sheldon, I love you. I love you so much.

If we can trade detron components too I will love you forever. I have five barrels and no receivers and one of my clanmates has the opposite.

Edit: And honestly Warframe is /not/ a loot game when it comes to the weapons (mods is debatable but still not in my view.) It's a shooter. I play it since I like to shoot things not because I'm looking for some validation by seeing my numbers go up. I've got PoE for that.

Then tell me why it is a good change, if the loot isn't relevant, regarding your own words.

Then tell me why it is a good change, if the loot isn't relevant, regarding your own words.

I'm not him, but for me this is an amazing change because the grind for, say, firechicken prime helmets was too intimidating. I used about a dozen T2 ext keys, didn't get my firechicken helmet and decided to swear off further attempts because it's too demoralizing.

So this change actually makes me more likely to play since there's a chance I can get what I need.

I just hope the stuff's not plat tradable, else we'll end up with the same situation we have for mods - all anyone outside the clan wants is plat. Considering that DE actually makes money off prime access, I'm hoping they'll restrict plat from prime gear transactions.

I'll be honest with you, Sheldon. I've been wanting prime part trading for I can't tell you how long, but while I was waiting, I kind of see an issue with it and I want to ask you, does it bother you that people will most likely start bypassing void content entirely because they just trade for it?