Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

Hixlysss

1. OP you do realize that if we get something different, than those crying that they want what we have now, will cry again that they want what we got instead, right? The circle will continue forever.

IMO its best to leave it alone.

2. I really don't care if they would put these things up for sale again, but hell no from me, if they would give them away for free so the crying leechers  can get them

if someone is willing to support DE and pay them $250 i'm fine with it

It's not often to see a Grandmaster Founder advocating the release of Founder exclusive gear to the non-Founders.

your picture is absulutly fantastic, and yeah i agree, but he has a good argument you know, im not a founder and even if this gear will be released again i wont find it amazing but i would like to have it..

so I guess you;d say the same tot he Syndana Prime that will no longer be available in the next few days?

(unless they plan on having it again with the new frame/weapons that are gona be released. I dont know what their plans are)

personally I like the fact that its exclusive (or rather having something exclusive) for founders but I may be a little bias here mainly because I've never: A) Bothered to go into a founders type program, and B) never had the chance to GET something exclusive.

having said that though if Excal Prime ever becomes available to everyone, then what about the vandal weapons? and the Wraith/event weapons like the Braak?

those items would need another look if Excal no longer becomes exclusive. and then what happens TO the founders? do they get something else? if so you cant really make it "exclusive" or else this is just gona happen again. DE want to make the people that wanted to and had the funding at the time to make their founders feel praised. giving them something like a booster in exchange for loosing the exclusivity of an item sounds a bit more like a kick in the crotch in the end if you ask me.

Edited by Fartbake

so I guess you;d say the same tot he Syndana Prime that will no longer be available in the next few days?

I wouldn't. That thing has no effect on gameplay at all.

By contrast, anything that provides Mastery could at some point affect gameplay, particularly in PvP,

Why don't they just release reskins of the exclusive stuff? You'd still have your bragging rights, and we'd have access to weapons with the same stats that yours have. It'd be like the Reaper Prime and the Ether Reaper; They look different, but they have the same stats. A lot of other games go this route, Hawken being one of them.

HEY.

HEY GUYS.

THIS.-----------------------------------^

For me, I partly agree with you, I first bought the Hunter Founder Pack out of support, but now I become a daily player, and regret I did not pay more for Grand Master. I'm starting to collect every weapon, trying to mas rank all of them, and one thing that frustrates me the most is that there are weapons that I will never get to obtain.

All I could do is go into the Codex, admire Skana Prime and Lato Prime in my hand, imagining the glory, and envy the Grand Masters! If there's a miracle that DE do release those to the wild again, I would be so happy to get them, but at the same time I would fell the 'prestige' status of using it because more people are using them. 

What if, Hunters and Master could upgrade within a time frame. I know the Masters and the Grand Masters is in the Design Council, late-upgrader still won't be able to participate into that (or maybe they should?), all they will gain from upgrading is Skana Prime and Lato Prime.

As for people that joined late but want to be a founder, with similar approach, maybe a grade under Hunter? (can't think of a name) What they get is just the Excal Prime.

To me this sounds like a somewhat good idea: People like me who regret didn't upgrade would have a chance; Late comers who keeps yelling about Excal Prime could finally shut up.

Opinion?

I'm Alright with Founders wanting to keep their Special Gear, but at the VERY LEAST, Founders gear + Event weapons + Weapons no longer available, Should no longer give Mastery. This way, The people who want their gear to be special and Exclusive, Get to keep it, But at the same time, they don't have any effect on Gameplay.

I'd say it's a Fair compromise, No?

Or, Have all the mastery from these items automatically given to everyone.

well, i do not support this, even in the slightest.

it would be nice if everyone had access to all the content, but then again it'd be nice to be paid a million dollars every day.

someone said it best on page 1: life isn't fair.

the founders items were a thank you for shelling out a large sum of money to assist in the further development of this beta, and as such, are and should, be considered gifts.

another reason i disagree with this is if these frames and weapons were released for farming purposes, then what exactly did i spend over a hundred dollars on? access to a section in the forums and a shiny badge with some platinum? if you add the founders ITEMS to that list, then thats what i paid for, and releasing that for free, or even at a discounted price, would be a slap in the face to every single founder who shelled out their hard earned money to help fund this beta, and get something nice for themselves out of it.

now if founders access were to be re-introduced, then i'd have NO issue.

i don't see a single reason to not give people the chance to pay what i paid to get what i have, or to work as i worked for the things i earned (brakk, twin wraith vipers, etc) and if nothing else, it would appease a lot of people who weren't around to participate in the events that gave the rewards.

i do not support handouts, in any way shape or form. you want the brakk? cool. i want you to have it too. but i also want you to do the same 100 grueling missions i, and every other player who has it went through.

tl:dr no

Everything about the implementation would be a factor in determining whether I supported the idea or not.

Personally I didn't mind the idea of offering the Founders' packs for purchase again for and during the PS4 launch. It would've been a good marketing tactic and there wouldn't be the issue of people getting the things for free.

But that didn't happen and I'm not sure what should happen now. Probably nothing given the problems it could cause for DE.

If it was just about the items themselves and they hadn't come with the pack with the terms it did I wouldn't mind but I can't see how DE can release them fairly. If they find a way to do it then I don't really mind.

i would love this idea in every way, but thats obvious i didnt buy it. 

now that aside a slight idea. why not allow people to buy up to knight rank? that way DC is still the same numbers and solar landmarks are retired but then you can let people but excal prime. now if that strikes a a cord with anyone. DE should make it only available to those who buy the highest tire of the current prime access 

I'm more concerned about Mastery Rank 30. Will DE require people to have exclusive items to reach 30? If so, then I want Founder's exclusives available to the public, if not, keep them.

just as soon as we get some recompense for paying out the &#!, you can have the things we paid for, although i honestly hope that m30 wont require every weapon and frame from beta to launch to attain.

Edited by ObviousLee

The exclusive founder items are basically just novelty items, almost everything you can get in the game will be stronger/better so I don't understand why anyone would make a big deal about not being able to aquire them. So honestly I just see the exclusive items as a way to show the people who was with warframe from the start and were willing to support the devs from the beginning. I'm not saying I don't agree that there should be a way for people to obtain the exclusive items somehow now but I am saying it is kinda pointless since the only reason to do it is for collectors who could more than likely live without 1 prime warframe, gun, and melee weapon. But if down the road they do release them to the everyone else I think the founders should have a special skin, back item, or any type of novelty to show who was a founder.

It's not often to see a Grandmaster Founder advocating the release of Founder exclusive gear to the non-Founders.

I bet grandmaster find those 3 Prime weapons completely useless. If I were a grandmaster I would have sold those weapons long time ago to get more free weapon slots.

Edited by GalliumGD

I bet grandmaster find those 3 Prime weapons completely useless. If I were a grandmaster I would have sold those weapons long time ago to get more free weapon slots.

to answer your statement as you can see i am a grand master and i do not find them useless i may not use them as much as other weapons but that is because i have not had the time to forma them nor have i had the amount of forma i would like

Edited by evafan002

Actually the Lato Prime is quite good. I use it every so often. Same with Excalibur Prime.

I have to disagree with this.   These exclusives were a way to help get Warframe going, and on its feet.  It worked, but taking away that exclusiveness of the founders packs,  Is going to cause a problem.    

Personally  I would love a Lato Prime..  Cause I am a collector.   But at the same time,  what about the braton vandal?   or any of the other vandals, and wrath weapons?     I missed out of them, cause I didn't have the time or money for them.   but those that got them should feel something of pride for getting them,  The time spent or money spent to get them.

For the Founders stuff.  Forking over 100+dallors on a game, that was evolving as much as it was at the start.  was a huge risk.   But people did it, and got shiny things for it.   They should have the right to use the Excal Prime, as a badge that says.  I've been here since the start.  I believe in what this game can become.      

I do feel for those that missed the chance to get the items,  but Exclusive items should stay Exclusive,  else when they add new items that list then as "exclusive"  people will be less likely to buy it,  cause they will feel that since previous exclusive items were released,  I'll just need to wait it out and I'll get it at some point for free too.

I have to disagree with this.   These exclusives were a way to help get Warframe going, and on its feet.  It worked, but taking away that exclusiveness of the founders packs,  Is going to cause a problem.    

Personally  I would love a Lato Prime..  Cause I am a collector.   But at the same time,  what about the braton vandal?   or any of the other vandals, and wrath weapons?     I missed out of them, cause I didn't have the time or money for them.   but those that got them should feel something of pride for getting them,  The time spent or money spent to get them.

For the Founders stuff.  Forking over 100+dallors on a game, that was evolving as much as it was at the start.  was a huge risk.   But people did it, and got shiny things for it.   They should have the right to use the Excal Prime, as a badge that says.  I've been here since the start.  I believe in what this game can become.      

I do feel for those that missed the chance to get the items,  but Exclusive items should stay Exclusive,  else when they add new items that list then as "exclusive"  people will be less likely to buy it,  cause they will feel that since previous exclusive items were released,  I'll just need to wait it out and I'll get it at some point for free too.

I didn't buy xcal prime because I wanted to be in an exclusive fanclub and I didn't give them money because I wanted to stand out.  That kind of thinking is petty and childish.

I bought it because I wanted it and I knew I would be playing this game long enough to enjoy it...and I honestly didn't think it was asking too much for some money for gear that I wanted since the game is 100% free.

The exclusive founder items are basically just novelty items, almost everything you can get in the game will be stronger/better so I don't understand why anyone would make a big deal about not being able to aquire them.

That's the point.  We don't want them to be novelty items.  We don't want xcal to fall into the pit of uselessness simply because his Prime version is a Founders-only exclusive.  That is what's happening, and releasing them to the public is the only way of stopping that process.

That's the point.  We don't want them to be novelty items.  We don't want xcal to fall into the pit of uselessness simply because his Prime version is a Founders-only exclusive.  That is what's happening, and releasing them to the public is the only way of stopping that process.

Other than weapons as far as i know all the prime gear has the same stats as its regular counterparts i will admit excal prime has a .5 shield recharge boost but thats so small as to be literally no factor so how is it being exclusive gonna affect the normal version being buffed? if anything i would expect that if excal is buffed then they would leave excal prime as is simply to prevent the torrent of people saying that since it got buffed it should be available to everyone