Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

Hixlysss

/agree

I used to be indifferent on this issue, but the more I see these suggestions talking about replacing the Founders exclusive with another exclusive (pointless, because someone still is going to complain about the exclusive), the more I'm against giving away the Founders exclusives.

Not only that, but a good way to identify Founders ingame is when they're running the Excalibur Prime frames.

Also, a way to make up for it would be to actually make Rhino Prime better than regular Rhino, whether that's increased stats or, what I'd prefer, actually having different abilities.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

How much better is Excal Prime over Excal? Iirc all it had going is some slight increase in shield recharge. (apart from polarity slots and the Void ability which is shared by all primes anyway)

Same goes for Lato and Skana? I've rarely seen anyone use these in favor of even better stuff the general public use.

How much better is Excal Prime over Excal? Iirc all it had going is some slight increase in shield recharge. (apart from polarity slots and the Void ability which is shared by all primes anyway)

Same goes for Lato and Skana? I've rarely seen anyone use these in favor of even better stuff the general public use.

there is literally no difference in stats for excal prime other than a .5 difference in the rate of shield recharge

Estoppel.

They have already asserted the items were exclusive.

It would be a nightmare on too many fronts to rescind this.

If they ever allow the trade of built/completed frames though that would be another matter entirely.

See, I actually don't mind this. I'd pawn off my lato and braton vandals for a skana and lato prime. Without hesitation. I'm one of those apparent idiots that finds nothing wrong with trading built weapons/frames. In all honesty it would probably bring more revene to de, what with the $&*&*#(%& platinum prices people would put on exclusive weapons.

See, I actually don't mind this. I'd pawn off my lato and braton vandals for a skana and lato prime. Without hesitation. I'm one of those apparent idiots that finds nothing wrong with trading built weapons/frames. In all honesty it would probably bring more revene to de, what with the $&*&*#(%& platinum prices people would put on exclusive weapons.

And i would trade my skana and lato primes for a lato and braton vandal so wanna make a reservation for if they do allow the trading of completed items?

And i would trade my skana and lato primes for a lato and braton vandal so wanna make a reservation for if they do allow the trading of completed items?

Dude yeaaaah! I shall totally add you and keep an eye out for the day that they add it. :D

Though I have nothing against the release of those items to the public, as I don't care how many people have the same virtual space ninja weaponry/suits as me, I don't get the gameplay argument. While the Skana Prime might be a direct upgrade it still falls short compared to many other weapons available for everyone, the only thing that makes it special is that it's limited it. Otherwise people would just skip on it completly for better, more powerful melee weapons. Same is true for the Lato Prime, which itself is more of a sidegrade and was worse than the conventional Lato for a long time as it could not use Lato-specific mods (when those were a thing).

If enough people want them, yeah, make some kind of model/skin pack and throw it on the market. Or maybe even get those weapons/frames out themselves for grinding that sweet, sweet afinity. But affinity gain is the only valid gameplay argument, cause the weapons themselves are not impressive compared to free alternatives that can be aquired by everyone.

But affinity gain is the only valid gameplay argument, cause the weapons themselves are not impressive compared to free alternatives that can be aquired by everyone.

Much of the argument that Rikov provides is that keeping them exclusive keeps the items lackluster, and additionally keeps prime frames in general lackluster. The Lato and Skana cannot be buffed to any reasonable power because as exclusives DE cannot make them a legitimate option in gameplay. The same goes for prime frames in general since if they change all of the prime frames to be better than their regular counterparts, then people will be offended because one of them is exclusive. This will become even worse once people can migrate accounts to PS4 because then an even smaller portion of that player base will have them.

What I would do is something that was proposed earlier in the thread. First Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime need a visual overhaul to bring them up to current standards (Frost Prime could use one too, but is not the subject here). Second, create an aged/decayed skin for them and release them as unearthed or aged versions via the Derelict. Make them dingy, make them dirty, make them feel like they have been sitting in the Derelict for millennia. The founders would keep the prime names and shiny gold/white visuals, but would be able to actually show them off because they would no longer have to be terrible. I don't see much issue in founders having an extra 12k MEXP since that becomes pretty insignificant.

Given that the founders would be keeping the promised items as exclusive, and would only be losing statistical exclusivity, some small reward to them would be in order, but not something as major as most of the proposals in this thread. I think a permanent 30% credit/affinity booster would be in order, which would stack with the purchasable boosters (giving a 2.6x boost instead of 2x when combined).

@egregiousRac
Except that Rikovs argument is flawed and entirely dependant on one single point: That DE will never buff the prime frames or the Lato/Skana prime because they are exclusive.

Has everyone forgotten when they buffed the Lato and Braton vandals?
Sure it was a small buff, but they still buffed them even though they were exclusive.
DE could easily do it again as they have done in the past with exclusive items.

His entire point hinges on a false dichotomy.

Much of the argument that Rikov provides is that keeping them exclusive keeps the items lackluster, and additionally keeps prime frames in general lackluster. The Lato and Skana cannot be buffed to any reasonable power because as exclusives DE cannot make them a legitimate option in gameplay. The same goes for prime frames in general since if they change all of the prime frames to be better than their regular counterparts, then people will be offended because one of them is exclusive. This will become even worse once people can migrate accounts to PS4 because then an even smaller portion of that player base will have them.

What I would do is something that was proposed earlier in the thread. First Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime need a visual overhaul to bring them up to current standards (Frost Prime could use one too, but is not the subject here). Second, create an aged/decayed skin for them and release them as unearthed or aged versions via the Derelict. Make them dingy, make them dirty, make them feel like they have been sitting in the Derelict for millennia. The founders would keep the prime names and shiny gold/white visuals, but would be able to actually show them off because they would no longer have to be terrible. I don't see much issue in founders having an extra 12k MEXP since that becomes pretty insignificant.

Given that the founders would be keeping the promised items as exclusive, and would only be losing statistical exclusivity, some small reward to them would be in order, but not something as major as most of the proposals in this thread. I think a permanent 30% credit/affinity booster would be in order, which would stack with the purchasable boosters (giving a 2.6x boost instead of 2x when combined).

A derelict skin (calling it that because the Orokin Derelicts are just that, derelict, old, dusty, dingy) for weapons and warframes sounds really cool. It'd look different too. That's something I'm down for.

you could always allow founders to sell their exclusive items, recoup some platinum for their early support and allow these rare items to circulate in the community

this would just increase the items prestige further and provide another reward to the early founders

@egregiousRac

Except that Rikovs argument is flawed and entirely dependant on one single point: That DE will never buff the prime frames or the Lato/Skana prime because they are exclusive.

Has everyone forgotten when they buffed the Lato and Braton vandals?

Sure it was a small buff, but they still buffed them even though they were exclusive.

DE could easily do it again as they have done in the past with exclusive items.

His entire point hinges on a false dichotomy.

The Lato and Braton vandals were time exclusive, but not real money exclusive. Many of the better weapons in the game are time exclusive, but the only items that are exclusive to real money are Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime. The double exclusivity, or triple on PS4 once people can migrate their accounts, would seriously put DE in a bind if they ever buffed these items. There would probably be more outrage over that than if they straight up released them to the public. At least with my solution they can buff them and release a similar item without losing the Founders exclusivity on them visually (which is the only reason to use the Lato or Skana right now honestly).

Edit: For clarification, if the Founders items were actually good and there was no equivalent item obtainable publicly (such as if Prime frames get a buff), that would be called Pay2Win which is something that is a major PR issue with Free to Play games.

Edited by egregiousRac

you could always allow founders to sell their exclusive items, recoup some platinum for their early support and allow these rare items to circulate in the community

this would just increase the items prestige further and provide another reward to the early founders

no.

On my opinion all must be tradeable, even warframe lvl 30 and weapons must be turned into cards or items and be tradeable as the prime blueprints.

I play by 1 month and 10 days i think and i can t have something like all wraith and all vandals, i would like to have this game at 100% but i think i started play too late.

Isn t enought give the exclusive OP 90 days boosters to the prime buyer?

Personally, I would like to get the closed beta Vandal weapons, but they were for a specific group, of which I am not a member. 

I understand the desire to have an item that only had a limited release, but I paid a premium for the exclusive content I have. If that content is released, I no longer have exclusive content. If I receive new exclusive content to make up for my lost exclusive content, how long will it be before people are begging for those items as well. If that continued, founders would be simply a group of beta testers, getting all of the items for free to compensate for the rest of the players getting them later.

Given that founders paid for the privilege of exclusive content, shouldn't they get it?

As a grand master I can't help bit sit and stare at the three exclusive primes I have and have mixed feelings about them. I commend DE for sticking by their word when they said these would be exclusive to the founders pack and would never be released to the public, but I would like to post this thread to get support from other founders whom would gladly take some alternative exlusive item over the three primes.

Honestly I feel a little bad for the collectors out there whom simply didn't have the money at the time or even knew of warframe at that time to get the founders pack. Things like weapons/warframes shouldn't be truely exclusive, perhaps tied to special events but they will come around again.

It just feels weird to have something that affects gameplay directly, I.E. a weapon/warframe, that no one will ever have. If it was a awesome skin for that weapon I'd completely be fine, but the fact that it has altered stats that make it...well better than the default bothers me a little bit and has been bothering me for a while now.

Now what would someone consider a fair trade to no longer have the exclusivity of the three primes? Perhaps a reusable Orokin Catalyst and Reactor Blueprint? Permanent Booster of some kind? That's all I can really think of at this time, aside from another syandana. I mean we already have the design council, our name in the star map even, the shirt and headband are awesome as well.

But please, if you support this idea, or have some suggestions on what to give the founders instead of the primes, post in this thread.

permanent potato bp sounds OP but yet so delicious at the same time D: and that perm exp/credit boost too QAQ

On my opinion all must be tradeable, even warframe lvl 30 and weapons must be turned into cards or items and be tradeable as the prime blueprints.

I play by 1 month and 10 days i think and i can t have something like all wraith and all vandals, i would like to have this game at 100% but i think i started play too late.

Isn t enought give the exclusive OP 90 days boosters to the prime buyer?

Founders are not Prime Access members.

I don't get a 90 day cred or xp buff when I first took my Master founder package.

Seems like this thread went off it's course...

Never mind, I still oppose this. If DE said "Hey, help us make a super duper cool game by paying for it and everyone who helps us will get exclusive items!" than those items should stay exclusive. What, you weren't around when they said this, well too bad, so wasn't I and I don't complain nor b*tch about it. You and I won't get Excalibur Prime ever, ever, ever. Best thing you can do is to forget it and play the game and have fun.

Seems like this thread went off it's course...

Never mind, I still oppose this. If DE said "Hey, help us make a super duper cool game by paying for it and everyone who helps us will get exclusive items!" than those items should stay exclusive. What, you weren't around when they said this, well too bad, so wasn't I and I don't complain nor b*tch about it. You and I won't get Excalibur Prime ever, ever, ever. Best thing you can do is to forget it and play the game and have fun.

The problem with your argument is that OP is a Grand Master.

When they will understand that there are player that can give up to 1000 euros to get excalibur prime they will raise, belive me.

No dude, wtf. If they said it's exclusive then it should be, no matter how much money people wanna give...