Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

Hixlysss

No mention of awesome T-shirts either. 

(Have those all finished being distributed yet? I haven't gotten mine yet. ;o;)

I don't think most Founders bought into the package just be entitled to stuff other people can't have, and even if that is the case, we knew, being Founders, that Warframe could go anywhere. That it's been a pretty huge success makes our investment worthwhile, I should think.

I think most founders bought the packs for the star chart thing and/or design council. As for the shirt/headband, send in a ticket if I were you, I got mine~ *Proudly wears shirt~*

But yeah, the founders pack didn't mention anything about the shirts, that was something from DE because they are awesome. So long the founders get SOMETHING that is 100% exclusive to that pack, such as an exclusive skin(Metallic Color pallet?) or a reusable catalyst and reactor BP, permanent booster or two, so long they get SOMETHING exclusive, it should still qualify.

If DE messed around with the founder gear, they would almost certainly be sued.  There's no way every single founder would be okay with any scheme they could conceivably come up with.  Furthermore, they would probably lose any lawsuits that did emerge (terms of service are often thrown out in court).  Not to mention the inevitable forum backlash...    

I think it would be best if everyone just dropped all ideas about founder gear availability.  It's just asking for trouble. 

sued??! rofl any1 who actually would sue DE if they did somethin like this would be a freaking moron

sued??! rofl any1 who actually would sue DE if they did somethin like this would be a freaking moron

Never underestimate human stupidity. I can easily see someone getting POed because DE suddenly says "To all those whom missed out on getting Excalibur Prime and the Lato and Skana Prime, here is your chance! They are now added to the void drop tables!" and sueing them, specially after their statement that they are exclusive to the founders pack.

That is why I'm trying and hoping to get founders to support this thread so please spread the word. There are better alternatives to the three founder primes to be exclusive to the founders.

Never underestimate human stupidity. I can easily see someone getting POed because DE suddenly says "To all those whom missed out on getting Excalibur Prime and the Lato and Skana Prime, here is your chance! They are now added to the void drop tables!" and sueing them, specially after their statement that they are exclusive to the founders pack.

That is why I'm trying and hoping to get founders to support this thread so please spread the word. There are better alternatives to the three founder primes to be exclusive to the founders.

Estoppel.

They have already asserted the items were exclusive.

It would be a nightmare on too many fronts to rescind this.

If they ever allow the trade of built/completed frames though that would be another matter entirely.

Estoppel.

They have already asserted the items were exclusive.

It would be a nightmare on too many fronts to rescind this.

If they ever allow the trade of built/completed frames though that would be another matter entirely.

This is why I'm trying to get the support of the founders, of the people who bought the packs, or at the least a majority of them. To show DE that they don't have keep these things exclusive if the community agrees to something else.

As for the "ever allow the trade of built frames" it would be easy to exclude excalibur prime and ect. I mean there are unreleased mods people have and they can't trade them so...it's possible.

I'm not saying "Take them away from the people who bought them" I'm saying "Release it to the public, give them something else" Think of it like...early access. On top of that DE gave us so many other things with the highest tier packs. Design council, physical objects, our own permanent spot on the starchart for crying out loud. If there are founders whom are seriously willing to go to DE and sue them because 3 items out of the entire founders pack is no longer exclusive and instead are given something else, and on top of that getting to keep the 3 items, just...wow.

I'm not saying it's reasonable, but by law, changing a contract after money has changed hands is a massive no no.  It would only take one angry player to start a lawsuit or give word to the gaming press, and all of a sudden DE has a legal and PR nightmare on its hands. 

..true ppl will sue over the dumbest things but still yea i support this as a founder

I'm not saying it's reasonable, but by law, changing a contract after money has changed hands is a massive no no.  It would only take one angry player to start a lawsuit or give word to the gaming press, and all of a sudden DE has a legal and PR nightmare on its hands. 

That is what pains me the most. That there could be anyone among the founders of the game that would do such a thing. Still, I would like to see just how many founders actually support this idea in the hopes that maybe, maaaybe, DE reconsiders the exclusive items for founders.

..true ppl will sue over the dumbest things but still yea i support this as a founder

Thank you, I appreciate it.

As a grand master I can't help bit sit and stare at the three exclusive primes I have and have mixed feelings about them. I commend DE for sticking by their word when they said these would be exclusive to the founders pack and would never be released to the public, but I would like to post this thread to get support from other founders whom would gladly take some alternative exlusive item over the three primes.

Honestly I feel a little bad for the collectors out there whom simply didn't have the money at the time or even knew of warframe at that time to get the founders pack. Things like weapons/warframes shouldn't be truely exclusive, perhaps tied to special events but they will come around again.

It just feels weird to have something that affects gameplay directly, I.E. a weapon/warframe, that no one will ever have. If it was a awesome skin for that weapon I'd completely be fine, but the fact that it has altered stats that make it...well better than the default bothers me a little bit and has been bothering me for a while now.

Now what would someone consider a fair trade to no longer have the exclusivity of the three primes? Perhaps a reusable Orokin Catalyst and Reactor Blueprint? Permanent Booster of some kind? That's all I can really think of at this time, aside from another syandana. I mean we already have the design council, our name in the star map even, the shirt and headband are awesome as well.

But please, if you support this idea, or have some suggestions on what to give the founders instead of the primes, post in this thread.

Words cannot express the love I feel for you and this thread, Rikov.

Have my upvote... I'm speechless.

As a grand master I can't help bit sit and stare at the three exclusive primes I have and have mixed feelings about them. I commend DE for sticking by their word when they said these would be exclusive to the founders pack and would never be released to the public, but I would like to post this thread to get support from other founders whom would gladly take some alternative exlusive item over the three primes.

Honestly I feel a little bad for the collectors out there whom simply didn't have the money at the time or even knew of warframe at that time to get the founders pack. Things like weapons/warframes shouldn't be truely exclusive, perhaps tied to special events but they will come around again.

It just feels weird to have something that affects gameplay directly, I.E. a weapon/warframe, that no one will ever have. If it was a awesome skin for that weapon I'd completely be fine, but the fact that it has altered stats that make it...well better than the default bothers me a little bit and has been bothering me for a while now.

Now what would someone consider a fair trade to no longer have the exclusivity of the three primes? Perhaps a reusable Orokin Catalyst and Reactor Blueprint? Permanent Booster of some kind? That's all I can really think of at this time, aside from another syandana. I mean we already have the design council, our name in the star map even, the shirt and headband are awesome as well.

But please, if you support this idea, or have some suggestions on what to give the founders instead of the primes, post in this thread.

if they gonna do this...

i want

1. perma all booster (mainly xp and cred)

2. perma re-usable cata/reacter bp

3. perma re-usable forma bp 

if they gonna do this...

i want

1. perma all booster (mainly xp and cred)

2. perma re-usable cata/reacter bp

3. perma re-usable forma bp 

See, now that seems like a fair trade to me all things considered. With DE stating the exclusivity of the prime parts, the price people paid to get them, ect, for them to give us those things in exchange for the founder primes to be made "non exclusive"

I would exchange Excalibur Prime for an exclusive skin of the Excalibur from the original Dark Sector trailer.

Or nemesis skin, oooooo~

See, now that seems like a fair trade to me all things considered. With DE stating the exclusivity of the prime parts, the price people paid to get them, ect, for them to give us those things in exchange for the founder primes to be made "non exclusive"

Or nemesis skin, oooooo~

why thank you for actually saying my suggestion is fair (thought i went a bit overboard) 

I don't know for sure but I would guess that there is no such contract, the money for stuff like this is usually in the format of donation and the privileges that come with donations (like founder status, prime gear, platinum, etc) are nothing more than promises with no legal bindings. Moreover, the terms of use (which is the only contract afaik) states that anything in the game is entirely DE's property, whether or not it's linked to an account and this includes founder's items. I suppose players could try to sue, but DE should be completely safe from any legal problems.    

(but I'm not very knowledgeable about laws, if I'm wrong please correct me)

Of course, as you said, DE wont just anger a big chunk of the founders anyway, it would be very bad publicity.

Edited by CubedOobleck

resource is not needed tbh

xp and cred are the main ones since u can never have enough creds with trading of R10 mods and crap now

I'm hoping they drop the R10's down to like R7 with the same benefits and higher mod costs...

I don't know for sure but I would guess that there is no contract, the money for stuff like this is usually in the format of donation and the privileges that come with donations (like founder status, prime gear, platinum, etc) are nothing more than a promises with no legal bindings. And if I remember correctly the terms of use states that anything in the game is entirely DE's property, whether or not it's linked to an account. So DE should be completely safe from any legal problems.

Of course they wouldn't want to make a bad name for themselves by angering a big chunk of the founders, it would just be bad publicity.

See, this is how I viewed the whole founders pack thing. I'm used to "exclusive" meaning "You get it first!" and others have to wait for a event or something to get it. But in the spirit of preventing crazy lawsuit antics and raged founders I made this thread, hoping founders would come in and support the idea of getting something else that would be exclusive to them instead of the founders, something more useful at this point in the game.

Personally, I'm not a collectionist so I don't really care about getting those rewards. 
Although maybe just releasing equally cool weapons based off of the Lato and Skana with the same stats, and an Excalibur warframe with a new skin and the extra polarity would do. 

Like actually, they could just release Excalibur-Loyalty, Skana-Loyalty, Lato-loyalty, as a reward for all players who accomplish some persistent arbitrary goal in game and leave it at that I guess(Beat every boss node maybe?), and just tie their mastery points to the Prime versions so that any founder levelling them wouldn't gain the extra 12000 points if it was really that big of a deal. 

Oh, and then release 1 credit Prime skins for each one. 

Personally, I'm not a collectionist so I don't really care about getting those rewards. 

Although maybe just releasing equally cool weapons based off of the Lato and Skana with the same stats, and an Excalibur warframe with a new skin and the extra polarity would do. 

Like actually, they could just release Excalibur-Loyalty, Skana-Loyalty, Lato-loyalty, as a reward for all players who accomplish some persistent arbitrary goal in game and leave it at that I guess(Beat every boss node maybe?), and just tie their mastery points to the Prime versions so that any founder levelling them wouldn't gain the extra 12000 points if it was really that big of a deal. 

Oh, and then release 1 credit Prime skins for each one. 

Ha! That would be an interesting way to get around the whole "exclusive" thing with the founder primes. "It's not a Lato Prime, it's a Loyalty Lato! I just have a skin that makes it LOOK like a prime." Ah, that is actually a hilarious and decent idea, if the issue of exclusivity is as big as it is being played off as.

more ideas, I wonder how long itll take before someone from DE takes a look at this. or if the idea has already been passed around the office.

I was a little surprised that a community moderator posted. I just kinda stared like "Woah, community moderator posted in my thread...It's like a unicorn!" All that needs to happen next is some one from DE to post in here and i'll be all "WOAH! DOUBLE RAINBOW DUDE!"

Edit: But back on topic, and to keep myself from double posting, please spread this thread around, specially to founders. At the very least I'd like to have a healthy discussion about this idea, get some input from some of the other founders on how they feel about the situation.

Edited by Rikov

my problem with this idea is that if the something else given is exclusive to founders then instead of people complaining about not being able to get excal/skana/lato prime they will instead be complaining that we have something else that they dont and the whole thing just keeps going just about a different item and yet at the same time i do feel that we founders deserve something that no one else can get but again we will have people complaining about it honestly the only way i can think of to stop the complaining is to add bps for these 3 items to the daily log in rewards with a one in 100k chance of getting one of them this would A: keep the exclusiveness and rarity value and B: still make them available to the dedicated players

my problem with this idea is that if the something else given is exclusive to founders then instead of people complaining about not being able to get excal/skana/lato prime they will instead be complaining that we have something else that they dont and the whole thing just keeps going just about a different item and yet at the same time i do feel that we founders deserve something that no one else can get but again we will have people complaining about it honestly the only way i can think of to stop the complaining is to add bps for these 3 items to the daily log in rewards with a one in 100k chance of getting one of them this would A: keep the exclusiveness and rarity value and B: still make them available to the dedicated players

But they'd be without merit if it doesn't affect mastery. Founders having reusable BPs, or a fancy scarf does nothing to impact someone else's game directly.

Honestly this is what is holding back xcal from being a truly excellent frame.  People would never stop asking for xcal prime.  Oh I love my xcal, don't get me wrong; but he's extremely bland in comparison to almost every other frame, his abilities become sub-par quickly, and he's never gotten a re-work.  He's supposed to be the first frame.  Excalibur is to Warframe as Zero is to Megaman-X.  And Zero kicked &#!.

I paid to become a founder specifically for xcal prime and I wholeheartedly agree with you.  Founders could (and probably should) be re-compensated with other 'extras' and those items can finally receive the once-over that so much of the early gear has been able to enjoy.

I'm no Grand Master, but you've got my vote.