Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hixlysss

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

my problem with this idea is that if the something else given is exclusive to founders then instead of people complaining about not being able to get excal/skana/lato prime they will instead be complaining that we have something else that they dont and the whole thing just keeps going just about a different item and yet at the same time i do feel that we founders deserve something that no one else can get but again we will have people complaining about it

I agree with you somewhat, but its more about what content founders get than anything else.  If founders got the exclusive Kill All Humans Double Ignis (KAHDignis) and destroyed every single map they entered, people would be complaining forever...and rightfully so.  You can't have an exclusive 'win' club.  That's just no fun.

On the other hand, there are people who will complain about founders exclusivity regardless of what they get.  Even the arm badge.  Well we can't really listen to them.  And to be honest, this isn't even about them.  This is about letting the gear that was given to the founders actually be tied into the rest of the game effectively.  You can't make something super-effective that only certain people have and will never be available again.  That's a major turn-off to your game.  What they've done to alleviate this is just let xcal, lato, and skana fall by the wayside.  However, that just ruins those three items (and by extension, all other versions).

Looking at it from a lore perspective:  certain gear comes from certain events, a lot of times we can work exclusivity into time frames like that with events and incentives as well as re-introductions.  Excalibur is the first Warframe; anything Prime is it's original intention.  Lore-wise, if you can just go to the void and pick up Prime parts for any weapon/frame and build them, why can't you do the same for Excalibur?  You can still choose Excalibur as your starting frame, that's not limited.  It just makes no sense.

I agree with you somewhat, but its more about what content founders get than anything else.  If founders got the exclusive Kill All Humans Double Ignis (KAHDignis) and destroyed every single map they entered, people would be complaining forever...and rightfully so.  You can't have an exclusive 'win' club.  That's just no fun.

On the other hand, there are people who will complain about founders exclusivity regardless of what they get.  Even the arm badge.  Well we can't really listen to them.  And to be honest, this isn't even about them.  This is about letting the gear that was given to the founders actually be tied into the rest of the game effectively.  You can't make something super-effective that only certain people have and will never be available again.  That's a major turn-off to your game.  What they've done to alleviate this is just let xcal, lato, and skana fall by the wayside.  However, that just ruins those three items (and by extension, all other versions).

Looking at it from a lore perspective:  certain gear comes from certain events, a lot of times we can work exclusivity into time frames like that with events and incentives as well as re-introductions.  Excalibur is the first Warframe; anything Prime is it's original intention.  Lore-wise, if you can just go to the void and pick up Prime parts for any weapon/frame and build them, why can't you do the same for Excalibur?  You can still choose Excalibur as your starting frame, that's not limited.  It just makes no sense.

If the devs never started releasing the various prime gear in the void I'd probably have no problem with the founder primes and wouldn't be mentioning this. But since they have I believe the founder primes should be added to the pool, specially because of lore reasons. And to be honest, I haven't run into a lot of people complaining about the founder primes, maybe the odd comment about how they wish they had more money at the time or some such so they could have it.

my problem with this idea is that if the something else given is exclusive to founders then instead of people complaining about not being able to get excal/skana/lato prime they will instead be complaining that we have something else that they dont and the whole thing just keeps going just about a different item and yet at the same time i do feel that we founders deserve something that no one else can get but again we will have people complaining about it honestly the only way i can think of to stop the complaining is to add bps for these 3 items to the daily log in rewards with a one in 100k chance of getting one of them this would A: keep the exclusiveness and rarity value and B: still make them available to the dedicated players

Eh, adding it to a daily login reward wouldn't exactly fit man and just feel...lazy? The founder primes, if they were every to be put into the game, have to drop from the void or some special void related event, if only because of lore reasons. People will always complain, it's just the way of things, what I want to avoid is some #$&(% getting upset because their founder primes are no longer founder exclusive, which honestly I think those people are just being trolls but still, I'd rather avoid DE getting sued over something so trivial.

But from what you have said, you do agree with the idea that the founders primes should be released to the public, somewhat, but what do you think the founders should get to compensate for the loss of their exclusive primes? Thus far the big ones are reusable catalyst/reactor BP's and some perm boosters.

There are other things to consider, like skins, a special syandana(I'm thinking one of those flags on a pole samurai used to wear to show their clan symbol and such, what about you guys?) Or hell, perhaps mods? I mean look at the people who got primed chamber, can the founders get their own super special mod/aura? But to be honest I would like to avoid anything that directly affects gameplay I.E. weapons, mods, warframes, I'd like to keep it purely aesthetic with some neat "behind the scenes" things like reusable BP's for rare items or some such.

I mean...it's hard to think up something to replace them when the other options are rather...extreme. I mean a reusable catalyst BP? Hella powerful man, probably make it require lots of resources/credits to keep it from being stupid. Another thing to mention, to those saying "they said it was exclusive" The design council was exclusive, yes? That is being opened up to normal PC players and even PS4 players, DE can change their mind about these things, specially if we give support to the idea.

I think the easiest way to handle this, to remove the exclusive items' effect on Mastery for if it or whatever replaces it ends up affecting gameplay, would be to make Prime, Vandal and Wraith into alternate skins for the base items.

That, and bring back all the other removed items for the Alert/Operation pools or put them back in the Market.

That way the special snowflakes keep their egos, and I don't have to start a rage thread about games with insurmountable PvP imbalances.

I'd trade my Excal Prime exclusivity for a permanent affinity booster :P

Masters can have a permanent drop rate booster and grand masters a permanent x2 resource booster.

(Yes, I'm aware it's insane)

I think the easiest way to handle this, to remove the exclusive items' effect on Mastery for if it or whatever replaces it ends up affecting gameplay, would be to make Prime, Vandal and Wraith into alternate skins for the base items.

That, and bring back all the other removed items for the Alert/Operation pools or put them back in the Market.

That way the special snowflakes keep their egos, and I don't have to start a rage thread about games with insurmountable PvP imbalances.

But then how do you compensate the people whom suddenly lose their mastery for the founder primes? And by releasing versions of them but as vandal/wraith with the same stats still doesn't address the lore issue of these primes being "stuck" as exclusive to the founders packs. From a lore perspective the primes are the "original" version of the weapons/warframes. Again, if DE didn't start cranking out these other primes there would probably be no problem with the three founder primes, but since they are being released and a noticable part of lore the founder primes kinda need to be apart of the pool of primes.

I'd trade my Excal Prime exclusivity for a permanent affinity booster :P

Masters can have a permanent drop rate booster and grand masters a permanent x2 resource booster.

(Yes, I'm aware it's insane)

Well, I was thinking something along the lines of the 1st tier getting a perm credit booster, 2nd tier getting credit and affinity, 3rd getting credit, affinity, and reusable reactor BP, and tier 4 getting the perm credit and affinity booster, the reusable reactor BP and a reusable Catalyst BP. Or, as an alternative to the perm boosters, because DE still needs their monies, I was thinking special aura mods that could boost credit/affinity gain which would be awesome for the founder and their friends~

I was thinking special aura mods that could boost credit/affinity gain which would be awesome for the founder and their friends~

But the aura affinity already "exists" and it's quite underwhelming... they'd have to be really good, with variable polarities that always "fit".

I'd compensate those players with all-booster items they can activate when they're ready to do so, or simply with Plat.

Also I'd credit them with one Forma for each one they'd used on a removed item.

Alternatively, if lore matters so much, then just make variant items like Prime give no Mastery. That'd keep the balance another way.

I'm not phased with everyone getting access to the primes from founders.  All in all they arent anything special, or particularly good.

Founders have a good collection of rewards as it stands with the badges (though it would be nice to be able to use them on either sholder), t-shirts/head bands, star charts and the like.

As for perma blueprints for catalysts/forma/reactors I think thats too much to get.

Perma-boosters are a nice option to let us focus more on the playing than the grinding.

Though all in all at the end of the day I'd be happy with fixed drop rates and an overall better loot system for all players, than for the developers to spend the time making something specifc for founders.

Maybe to keep the skin theme of the founders rewards we can get a 25% discount on buying skins/cosmetics (even a freebie choice for each bonus item the founders gave).

I'm a master and I too wouldn't mind if exclusives were to be released for non founders. Exclusives have personally never sit well with me. I see no harm in it.

But the aura affinity already "exists" and it's quite underwhelming... they'd have to be really good, with variable polarities that always "fit".

Which is why founders get a super charged version of it. Again, I point to Primed Chamber.

I'd compensate those players with all-booster items they can activate when they're ready to do so, or simply with Plat.

Also I'd credit them with one Forma for each one they'd used on a removed item.

Alternatively, if lore matters so much, then just make variant items like Prime give no Mastery. That'd keep the balance another way.

Removed item? Again, i'm not saying "take the founder primes away from the founders." I'm saying "Make them not exclusive to the founders packs" As for giving them more plat...again the issue goes to the thing of "Founders were promised something exclusive to them" and well...that still holds true. And I donno where you are going with the mastery comment, the thing about the lore is that the primes are the original items, and DE are releasing all these other primes in the void for people to get, except these three, from a lore perspective it makes no sense why these cannot be found in the void.

I'm not phased with everyone getting access to the primes from founders.  All in all they arent anything special, or particularly good.

Founders have a good collection of rewards as it stands with the badges (though it would be nice to be able to use them on either sholder), t-shirts/head bands, star charts and the like.

As for perma blueprints for catalysts/forma/reactors I think thats too much to get.

Perma-boosters are a nice option to let us focus more on the playing than the grinding.

Though all in all at the end of the day I'd be happy with fixed drop rates and an overall better loot system for all players, than for the developers to spend the time making something specifc for founders.

Maybe to keep the skin theme of the founders rewards we can get a 25% discount on buying skins/cosmetics (even a freebie choice for each bonus item the founders gave).

The perma BP's were mostly an idea i'd like to see tossed in at some point into the game, but it all depends on how many resources the BP uses to be honest. And I do agree with the whole "the primes aren't anything special" Which ties into another problem I wont get into, but the short and simple of it is that the prime warframes are nothing more than reskins at this point, I don't think they will ever be anything more than that until excalibur prime isn't locked as an exclusive.

As for the fixed drop rates and better loot system? There were idea's tossed out, I know I tossed a few, to fix the drop tables for the void and instead DE makes us able to trade the prime parts, either that is a patch fix while they work on it or just a way to get around fixing the drop tables, who knows.

Also, you forgot to mention we founders also can have 1 extra extractor out as well. We do have a ton of little features here and there, the main reason I'm really bringing up alternative's is so founders can still have something shiny that is really exclusive for the purpose of DE's 'honor'. I mean I love that they are sticking by their statement of "These are exclusive" but they shouldn't be exclusive, give the founders something else, a perm discount on plat, special daily login rewards, a special syandana or what I'd like to see is a Sashimono( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono ) or reusable BP's, there are options.

I'm a master and I too wouldn't mind if exclusives were to be released for non founders. Exclusives have personally never sit well with me. I see no harm in it.

I'm glad that other founders aren't all up in the hype of "Radda radda, these are exclusive to founders, I don't want the plebian's getting my exclusive stuff! Rabble rabble rabble" It's refreshing to know that there aren't many elitist areshole founders.

Which is why founders get a super charged version of it. Again, I point to Primed Chamber.

Sold.

Sold.

Heh, I don't see the harm in giving the founders some rare/super charged version of a mod when they have primed chamber out there. But again, that is one out of several idea's of what the dev's could do. Still, something that is visible in the game, like the badge but more flashy, would probably be mandatory.

Also, to bring this up, what really makes excalibur prime so special? Throw on the immortal skin and an alt helmet he is no different than a formaed excal. I mean seriously, it isn't "ZOMG DIS IS AWESOME" it's...okay, it looked cool when it first came out before there were other primes, but seeing the other primes and stuff, specially the warframes, they aren't special. The other prime weapons are cool, the lato and skana prime? Eh, maybe the skana prime will be cool with melee 2.0, but they are still out classed a large amount by other weapons.

I'd much rather have something like a Sashimono, perm booster, special mod/aura, or reusable BP than these semi unique items. With the release of the other primes the founder primes sorta...lose their luster, they don't need to be held up on a pedestal as they are, they need to be taken down and something else, something truely unique like the Misa Syandana or titan prime extractors to be put in their place.

I'm glad that other founders aren't all up in the hype of "Radda radda, these are exclusive to founders, I don't want the plebian's getting my exclusive stuff! Rabble rabble rabble" It's refreshing to know that there aren't many elitist areshole founders.

I do hope you are not including me in that group of elitist A******s i may not have said it in my post earlier but I would not care either way if they let people get the founders primes so long as there was something worthwhile given to us as exclusives and by worth while i dont mean game breaking i dunno maybe a permanent 5 percent discount on platinum purchases? or on items bought with plat from the market? or hell reduced time to build stuff in the foundry would be nice too just stuff like that

I love this. It was tough seeing that go away. I was always planning on buying a founders spot but I never had any money to do so. Now that I had some cash and the Founder program is gone, I could no longer do what I planned. It kind of sucked. If this goes through it would be awesome! I've spent enough money to be a founder with just purchasing platinum. To be able to get my favorite warframe would be awesome enough. Thank you, Rikov, for thinking of the people who couldn't do anything about it when it was around! 

ehhhhhhhhhh....eh.

See, the problem here is that you're suggesting the release of rather harmless exclusives and replacing them with game-changing exclusives.

The Excal Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime are all really just fancy skins and nothing more - yes, the Excal has basically 2 extra Forma in it and the Skana Prime is stronger than the regular Skana, but the Skana. P is horribly outclassed later on (i.e. around Earth) and the Excal Prime just turns into a fancy skin once all the other frames become available to you. Ultimately they're just pretty things for the Founders to throw on on occasion to do the 'Look at me, I spent money on the game' strut around their friends who didn't/couldn't.

By sayings things like 'How about a permanent Booster instead/Permanent Catalyst BP/Special Mods', that's taking the issue people have with the Founder Exclusives and running with it in the opposite direction - instead of what amounts to an exclusive skin-pack of bling, the Founders are now gifted with some absolute gamechanger exclusives that gives them a rather significant leg-up on everyone else, let alone removing the need for the Founders to ever visit the marketplace and actually spend the plat they got. If you thought people complaining about the current exclusives was bad, just try to imagine if the exclusives were something more than a fancy skin for some lowbie gear...

The thing is, and I know this is going to break some hearts in this thread, but the Founder exclusives are gonna stay exclusive - because, quite simply, there wouldn't be any point. Replacing exclusives with different exclusives just repeats the problem while replacing the exclusives with anything that influences the game makes the problem even worse, with a guarantee that people would be complaining about the exclusives the Founders owns regardless of what happens. The Founders are gonna be stuck with the Excal, Lato and Skana because releasing them won't do a single thing in the long run.

My advice - love the Excal Prime. It's a very pretty skin. Learn to tolerate the Skana Prime. It's pretty, but useless. I don't know about the Lato prime, but I do know that the AkVastos are better, so... use the AkVastos instead.

I do hope you are not including me in that group of elitist A******s i may not have said it in my post earlier but I would not care either way if they let people get the founders primes so long as there was something worthwhile given to us as exclusives and by worth while i dont mean game breaking i dunno maybe a permanent 5 percent discount on platinum purchases? or on items bought with plat from the market? or hell reduced time to build stuff in the foundry would be nice too just stuff like that

Nah, you're one of the good guys :P

I love this. It was tough seeing that go away. I was always planning on buying a founders spot but I never had any money to do so. Now that I had some cash and the Founder program is gone, I could no longer do what I planned. It kind of sucked. If this goes through it would be awesome! I've spent enough money to be a founder with just purchasing platinum. To be able to get my favorite warframe would be awesome enough. Thank you, Rikov, for thinking of the people who couldn't do anything about it when it was around! 

Imagine how the PS4 people feel. It's not their fault the game wasn't on PS4 when the founders program was still around. But you make an interesting point..."Spent enough money to be a founder" could become a thing.

ehhhhhhhhhh....eh.

See, the problem here is that you're suggesting the release of rather harmless exclusives and replacing them with game-changing exclusives.

The Excal Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime are all really just fancy skins and nothing more - yes, the Excal has basically 2 extra Forma in it and the Skana Prime is stronger than the regular Skana, but the Skana. P is horribly outclassed later on (i.e. around Earth) and the Excal Prime just turns into a fancy skin once all the other frames become available to you. Ultimately they're just pretty things for the Founders to throw on on occasion to do the 'Look at me, I spent money on the game' strut around their friends who didn't/couldn't.

By sayings things like 'How about a permanent Booster instead/Permanent Catalyst BP/Special Mods', that's taking the issue people have with the Founder Exclusives and running with it in the opposite direction - instead of what amounts to an exclusive skin-pack of bling, the Founders are now gifted with some absolute gamechanger exclusives that gives them a rather significant leg-up on everyone else, let alone removing the need for the Founders to ever visit the marketplace and actually spend the plat they got. If you thought people complaining about the current exclusives was bad, just try to imagine if the exclusives were something more than a fancy skin for some lowbie gear...

The thing is, and I know this is going to break some hearts in this thread, but the Founder exclusives are gonna stay exclusive - because, quite simply, there wouldn't be any point. Replacing exclusives with different exclusives just repeats the problem while replacing the exclusives with anything that influences the game makes the problem even worse, with a guarantee that people would be complaining about the exclusives the Founders owns regardless of what happens. The Founders are gonna be stuck with the Excal, Lato and Skana because releasing them won't do a single thing in the long run.

My advice - love the Excal Prime. It's a very pretty skin. Learn to tolerate the Skana Prime. It's pretty, but useless. I don't know about the Lato prime, but I do know that the AkVastos are better, so... use the AkVastos instead.

The idea's i've suggested are just that, ideas to get the ball rolling for things the devs COULD give out. And the reason I suggested such potently powerful items is because the devs are sorta treating the founder primes as such by making them as exclusive as they are. And for your statement about "If you replace them we have the same issue" is...shaky. The whole reason I want the founder primes released is so they can be in the pool with the rest of them, if they were just shiny skins, or if the other primes were never released, this wouldn't be a problem.

It's fine if a shiny skin is exclusive and can never be gotten again, it's a friggin skin, but with the introduction of the other primes and the lore behind them put the founder primes in a weird spot, we can get all the other primes in the void except those. If they were skins it would be fine, but they aren't.

And you do make a good point, excal prime is just a reskined and formaed excalibur, but that is EVERY prime warframe. And the lato and skana prime are outclassed by other weapons later on. Both of these are problems. The prime warframe one has been an issue for a while now, but the lato and skana prime being outclassed is weird, the dev's can't really buff them because "Hurr durr, founders get super awesome weapons that we missed out on because we didn't have money" and the same can be said about making the prime warframes more than just formaed skins.

If these were just special skins, or if the other primes had never been released, this would be of little concern, eventually the problem of "My lato prime isn't useful because other weapons are so much better" would come up, and right now I think probably the main reason why the prime warframes are just formaed reskins of the warframes is because excalibur prime is locked as an exclusive, the dev's can't go buffing the primes to be awesome and then have one of em locked away for founders only.

I just want to see everyone have a fair shot at getting the whole bag of primes, is that so wrong? The game got released on the PS4 and they are now unable to get these primes because the game was released on the ps4 after they closed the founders program. But because there are people whom would complain about not having something shiny exclusive for their founders pack I tossed out a few notably extreme options to compensate for the lack of exclusivity of the founder primes. I have no way of actually knowing how the majority of founders would react, hopefully they would act like most that have replied in this thread and simply not care and take a shiny syandana or something.

I mentioned the Mastery system because of a recent dev stream where they talked about tying the proposed Focus system to your Mastery level somehow--which may give Founders a permanant advantage, especially if your Mastery level affects the proposed "super modes" in PvP.

Edit:

I have no way of actually knowing how the majority of founders would react

The founders in this topic are a lot more reasonable than the ones who replied to mine the other week. That lot seemed on the verge of nervous breakdowns over the same subject.

I support the idea of releasing Skana Prime because it's generally a terrible weapon and I've honestly never found a good reason to use it. It's the only melee weapon I own that I've given up on out of boredom and I think the only one other than Lecta which I haven't bothered to max.

Lato, I'm not so sure about. I don't actually own it because I'm only a Master, but I've heard it's not really anything special beyond its appearance.

Excalibur? Only if they come up with a new mission type to stop it clogging up the drop tables for existing missions with yet more components. Note, I'm not saying no. I'm saying it needs to go somewhere else in the Void because the instant it gets released, EVERYONE is going to want to build it. I may be wrong but I think it's the only Prime frame that's categorically better than its original form. If Excalibur gets released to the general playerbase, it has to actually be accessible.

As to what to replace it with, I don't think a Syandana is really appropriate and I already have every Prime item except Burston (only missing the barrel), Ember (missing systems and helmet) and Mag (screw building that, I started with a regular Mag). Vault items don't strike me as particularly useful given that I already have Brakk and the Cicero mods and I have no interest in sniping or the Vandals.

Maybe a permanent passive boost to affinity and credits? Not a massive one, something like 10-20% increase, but stacking EFFECT rather than duration with the temporary boosters. Not something we can directly show off, but enough to be useful for those who've been here longest.

Honestly, I think everything in the Void could do with getting its own level.

In nutshell it is a premium stuff what is exclusive and can not be obtained in any other way than buying the package while on side supporting the game. (Even I would love to get those without spending money but MEH whatever)

what I want to avoid is some #$&(% getting upset because their founder primes are no longer founder exclusive, which honestly I think those people are just being trolls but still, I'd rather avoid DE getting sued over something so trivial.

Then I guess I'm just "some #$&(%."

The founder's items are supposed to be exclusive for a reason. Yeah, completionists miss out on three items, and that sucks. I'm a completionist and I hate that I can't ever get the lato prime, but I recognize it for what it is and am not asking the entire system to change to fix that. 

Another thing to mention, to those saying "they said it was exclusive" The design council was exclusive, yes? That is being opened up to normal PC players and even PS4 players, DE can change their mind about these things, specially if we give support to the idea.

DC was reopened out of necessity due to the inevitability of attrition, not so that other people had a chance at it for completionists' sake.

I have to say I'm against it.  It sets a terrible precedent - changing the terms of a sale you made to a customer for a good bit of money so long after you've made that sale is just a bad idea.

That's really the main issue here.  If even one founder doesn't accept the replacement offered for the exclusivity, then this becomes a rather immoral act.  And there will always be at least one.

It would certainly affect the sales of the current Prime Access packs.  "Exclusive, will not be available again" is a pretty strong sales pitch, and if DE demonstrates that they won't stand by that, it loses much of it's appeal.

Plus, what about the other exclusives?  Are the closed beta weapons going to be made available as well?  Seems crazy to even consider a re-release the lato prime, which had a $400 price tag, but not the braton and lato vandals, which were just for being here at the right time.

Another thing to mention, to those saying "they said it was exclusive" The design council was exclusive, yes? That is being opened up to normal PC players and even PS4 players, DE can change their mind about these things, specially if we give support to the idea.

Well, maybe they can just go out to whoever gets invited to the design council that way? As another sneak around to any legal issues. 

Forums are the end game after all. 

The founder's items are supposed to be exclusive for a reason. Yeah, completionists miss out on three items, and that sucks. I'm a completionist and I hate that I can't ever get the lato prime, but I recognize it for what it is and am not asking the entire system to change to fix that. 

But it's not just that, you could support this for yourself. You already have the primes, wouldn't you like a new, more useful exclusive that's more powerful than a weapon you never use and a frame you (probably) rarely equip?

An exclusive mod or booster could actually give you a unique advantage.

Plus, what about the other exclusives?  Are the closed beta weapons going to be made available as well?  Seems crazy to even consider a re-release the lato prime, which had a $400 price tag, but not the braton and lato vandals, which were just for being here at the right time.

I'd normally agree with that, but since they recently made up the "vault" so they can re-release previous exclusives, I go for consistency: if some exclusives will stop being exclusives, all of them should.

But it's not just that, you could support this for yourself. You already have the primes, wouldn't you like a new, more useful exclusive that's more powerful than a weapon you never use and a frame you (probably) rarely equip?

An exclusive mod or booster could actually give you a unique advantage.

I don't want an advantage. A pay advantage like that for founders is a bad thing for the game, not a good thing. When I bought founders, I bought it for the content that it had in it and the promise of exclusivity. As Phatose said, this sets a terrible precedent for what "exclusive" means.

And "supporting this for myself" would be a terrible thing to do. The problem with this suggestion is precisely that many of the people here are supporting it for themselves, but what we want as individuals isn't always going to be what's best for warframe and for the community as a whole. Like I said, sucks for me that I don't have the lato prime, but I knew the opportunity cost when I didn't buy it.