Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

Hixlysss

And even though the implications of a company that would sell $250 packs that they then change their end of the bargain on are pretty nasty.

Why should the people who want Founders stuff and couldn't (or didn't) get it while the Founder's program was on CARE about silliness like that?

It's not like THEY have to worry about the funding they will lose if they screw over their most ardent supporters. Not THEIR problem.

They want the swag and they want it now and screw everyone else, because they are the only ones who matter.

(At least... that is what I am reading. Am I wrong?)

Edited by Kalenath

And even though the implications of a company that would sell $250 packs that they then change their end of the bargain on are pretty nasty.

^^^^

I would venture to say MOST founders would be mighty upset, I didn't go in for that much but I did spend enough to get ExcalP and I would be peeved if non-founders started being able to get ExcalP, the frame was one of the reasons I made the decision to be a founder soon after starting to play.

But assumptions ARE true, just ask most of the people who post on these forums!

The fact that DE said that founders gear was exclusive is MEANINGLESS if people want them now. Because they want DE to break their word. Because DE's word means nothing to those people. They want their swag and they want it now, even if they didn't earn it.

Oh pardon me, I didn't realize you earned your founder pack with the money you were willing to spend. I'll have to remember not to make that same mistake in the future.

Why should the people who want Founders stuff and couldn't (or didn't) get it while the Founder's program was on CARE about silliness like that?

It's not like THEY have to worry about the funding they will lose if they screw over their most ardent supporters. Not THEIR problem.

They want the swag and they want it now and screw everyone else, because they are the only ones who matter.

Okay you mind not being a sardonic c%@% for like five minutes, blatantly offer your opinion on the matter and be done with it? This thread is getting to the point that we are starting to attack each other based on our arguments alone, not their merit. And that is when I really start despising people like yourself.

If you give that much of a sh*t that you would turn your backs on DE because you purchased something for the sole implication that nobody else could have it and they recognized the moral grey area that that is, then I invite you to evaluate your stance on the matter and what that means about yourself as a person.

And this started off so...open to discussion. Rikov, you have my support for all of the nothing that that means, but I'm unfollowing this. I see no point in arguing with equally stubborn people and getting worked up to the point that I start attacking their character.

Long story short this will always cause a divide amongst the veteran players who care, at least until DE put their foot down one way or another. Until then, nothing will ever happen, and we will never get anywhere on the matter because nobody is willing to concede.

Okay you mind not being a sardonic c%@% for like five minutes, blatantly offer your opinion on the matter and be done with it? This thread is getting to the point that we are starting to attack each other based on our arguments alone, not their merit.

Okay you mind not being a sardonic c%@% for like five minutes

Not cool :[

Okay you mind not being a sardonic c%@% for like five minutes, blatantly offer your opinion on the matter and be done with it? This thread is getting to the point that we are starting to attack each other based on our arguments alone, not their merit. And that is when I really start despising people like yourself.

If you give that much of a sh*t that you would turn your backs on DE because you purchased something for the sole implication that nobody else could have it and they recognized the moral grey area that that is, then I invite you to evaluate your stance on the matter and what that means about yourself as a person.

Moral gray area? They offered us a deal that we could take or leave. We took it. If the game was free to play and a charity, then yeah, sure, it might be "morally gray", but yes, I would turn my back on DE if they turned their backs on us by going back on a deal we made because people who didn't make the same deal are jelly.

And yeah, DE did put their foot down - they said no.

south-park-1710-the-hobbit-KANYE-clip07. 

Do I need to call the Jelly Skewl?

Edited by Seox

So you are the only one allowed to do that. I see.

You didn't get it when it was available.

You didn't purchase it. You didn't want it. You didn't earn it.

BUT YOU DESERVE IT NOW! BECAUSE YOU WANT IT. NOW!

Right.

And for the record? I bet most of the ones screaming for the exclusives items to be general items WOULD turn their backs on DE. Because if YOU want people to break their word, I SURE AS HELL am not trusting YOURS.

You all might want to Google the word 'integrity' sometime. You might learn something.

Edited by Kalenath

Long story short this will always cause a divide amongst the veteran players who care, at least until DE put their foot down one way or another. Until then, nothing will ever happen, and we will never get anywhere on the matter because nobody is willing to concede.

There is really nothing to discuss, DE has said on many livestreams that the founders stuff will never be open to other reward programs. It is exclusive to the founders program. DE moved the date back many times to allow people to get the pack. They left it open far too long in my opinion.

It was meant to allow the people that wanted to support the company early the chance to, the right to be on the design council and have our voice heard in shaping the game, as a thank you to this, DE gave us some exclusive gear "the first prime set." If you want to support a great game then you still have other options for doing this, buy platinum or get prime access. If you want the gifts that DE gave us founders for early support to help them grow the game to the place it is today? No.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

I wouldn't mind seeing them added to a super rare T4 key or something, or just from regular derelicts/towers as they are now. Or implemented back into the game at all really, provided founders get something else in exchange since the entire point of those three prime items was that they were exclusive to founders in addition to everything else they got.

Besides, I can't even remember the last time I used my excalibur or skana prime anyways.

They already have. It's been said in multiple livestreams that Founder items are never being made available to anyone ever again.

I would be down, but you guys have to understand that it will NEVER happen because they could get sued over it. Hell they WOULD get sued over it, never underestimate the tenacity of a butthurt gamer. I too feel bad for the collectors that missed out just because of when they found out about the game or because they couldn't get the money fast enough, but it just won't happen and I accept that. 

Cue Founders complaining that now they can't get those items.

That's the issue with exclusive anything. If you don't have it, you want it, because you don't have it.

And that's why they won't have any benefits and/or mastery points over the primes. If founders try to jump on DE for that, they would get laughed out of the state.

Edited by Nexus730

I don't want something "useful at all times" I want something cosmetic so I can always show it off without risking getting my teeth kicked in cause I wanted to show off my neat founders stuff. I mostly was suggesting the "Buff the founder primes" to people who were so friggin' stuck on keeping it exclusive. I just want a shiny skin at this point so DE can make these weapons good for the benefit of everyone.

You have that already with the founders sholder badge.

Clearly you do want something useful at all times, a cosmetic item you can always use is exactly that; an item that is useful at all times to display your founder status.  The founder items arent useful late game because of the weapon/frame tiering within the game (the balance across everythign was the point when they were released).  The tiering issue is just as relevant for non-prime gear as it is for prime gear.

Why don't they just release reskins of the exclusive stuff? You'd still have your bragging rights, and we'd have access to weapons with the same stats that yours have. It'd be like the Reaper Prime and the Ether Reaper; They look different, but they have the same stats. A lot of other games go this route, Hawken being one of them.

I think it would be cool with releasing the Excal prime and Skana prime to the public without any compensation to be honest, Prime gear is part of both the game and lore, it's part of the natural progression of the game at this point. If I mained Excal I would be angry that I would never get a prime if i joined today.

I'm not even a completionist, Heck, I sell stuff at level 15-25 because im bored of it. I play this game to kick &#! and supported the game for 2 reasons, It is an awesome concept, "space ninja acrobatics combat co-op with magic" is legit by far though.

I also bought it for Design Council. Which was a little bit of a let down but heck. Still a good game ^^

I do not care about the exclusives, since they are not usable in my fun to plays (Saryn/Zephyr, Shotguns and Melee) Since they are either not competetive with the difficulty curve, or simply not to my liking. 

You're wrong.

I'm willing to buy them if that's what it takes.

I'm willing to farm them if that's what it takes.

And I've tried, in this topic and my own, to work toward a solution that doesn't screw Founders over.

Oh pardon me, I didn't realize you earned your founder pack with the money you were willing to spend. I'll have to remember not to make that same mistake in the future.

If I ever buy anything with real money, I earned it a whole lot more than anything garnered in other ways.  Jobs, pretty much by definition, are not fun to do.  If they where, they wouldn't pay us for them and instead businesses would just open and let folks run in to enjoy a day doing them.

So if a guy decides to spend a days wages he earned shingling a house, or digging holes, or a couple hours worth of transplanting kidneys in such a way that he is given the understanding that he bought a collectors edition that will not ever be re-released, yeah, I'd say he earned the right to have that expectation, and he earned the right to NEVER have it substituted simply for the convenience or avarice of others.

You're wrong.

I'm willing to buy them if that's what it takes.

I'm willing to farm them if that's what it takes.

And I've tried, in this topic and my own, to work toward a solution that doesn't screw Founders over.

Well, that is good. I am serious.

That makes ONE of you who cares. Who knows, there may be more. I am not going to hold my breath, this is the internet after all.

Couldn't care less about the items myself. They are not all that great. What I DO care about is DE keeping their word. People seem to think that a video game company lying about things is okay, it is normal, it is EXPECTED.

DE is not NCSoft, Ubisoft or EA. If they break their word, even to offer people special things.... It is still a violation of contract, written and implied. Not that some people here would CARE, but that IS an important thing in today's world. We paid money in good faith to support the game. It wasn't about the items, it was about supporting the company and the company said -in writing- that they wanted to show their appreciation to us for what we did.

They have repeatedly said that the Founder's items will not appear again, but people want them so they demand them. If DE caves to people like that... god help this game. Do you know where DE's funding mostly comes from? Do you care? Or do you think the magical space elves bring DE overflowing stacks of credits to fund the game?

If DE breaks their word, the people buying platinum will wonder about when THEY are going to get screwed and likely stop buying platinum. Bye bye Warframe if that happens.

Edited by Kalenath

No, I paid my money early on, invested in the game and I sometimes go out in my founders prime set but it means more than just the parts, it was a commitment by me and a promise by DE, no one else should get those items who didn't do that same thing back then.

I'm not a founder myself, obviously, but I don't think any founder should mind if THE PS4 CROWD gets a limited-time offer for the excal founder pack.

It's not like you're gonna play with them anyway, so they can't steal your "spotlight".

That's all I can say on the matter.

I'm not a founder myself, obviously, but I don't think any founder should mind if THE PS4 CROWD gets a limited-time offer for the excal founder pack.

It's not like you're gonna play with them anyway, so they can't steal your "spotlight".

That's all I can say on the matter.

If they support the game in some kind of PS4 Founder's program, then no I won't mind.

If they simply scream and yell and DE hands them the items without making them support the game? Then yes, I will mind.

Edited by Kalenath