Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

Does it hurt you if people with rank 6 mods get compensated?

No butt hurt doesn't count, like does it directly negatively affect you in any way other than jimmy rustling?

If the answer is NO, then it doesn't matter.  (Hint: the answer is NO)

It does matter actually. People who actually put effort in maxing out steel charge are getting the same compensation as people who heard the news an hour ago. slapped a few cores and sat back in their chairs smoking a cigar while they reap the reward of their little effort.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

It does matter actually. People who actually put effort in maxing out steel charge are getting the same compensation as people who heard the news an hour ago. slapped a few cores and sat back in their chairs smoking a cigar while they reap the reward of their little effort.

Back to the question, Does it hurt any one that any one else is getting a similar compensation?

Is there a good reason to be upset, or is this really just a case of throwing a hissy fit because you want someone to get less than you.  And that's exactly it, there is a threshold once that threshold is crossed the compensation is released.  No one i've seen is asking for more than what DE is gonna give, no all i see is people saying others should get less, I have 0 respect for that.

This is a fallacious attempt at turning people against me instead of actually arguing.

Logically, you get 2 Legendary Cores per Rank 6+ Steel Charge.

Arguing that the people do not deserve multiple Cores, for their multiple Steel Charges is on your hands.

Back to the question, Does it hurt any one that any one else is getting a similar compensation?

Is there a good reason to be upset, or is this really just a case of throwing a hissy fit because you want someone to get less than you.  And that's exactly it, there is a threshold once that threshold is crossed the compensation is released.  No one i've seen is asking for more than what DE is gonna give, no all i see is people saying others should get less, I have 0 respect for that.

There is a good reason to be upset. If you don't see it then you clearly have never ranked up a mod to 10. Every time a mod levels up you have to spend double the mod points worth of level it up again. Let's say you are using duplicates for a 10 rank mod. The level requirements are.

0:1

1:2

2:4

3:8

4:16

5:32

6:64

7:128

8:256

9:512

10:1024 

add that all together and you get 2047 duplicate mods baring in mind the most effective way to elvel up a mod outside of using cores.

To get to level 6 you need only 127 duplicates. That's the same reward for only putting in almost 1/20th the effort. If they are going to be compensated give them 2 rank 10 mods or something and save the legendaries for people who actually earned it. I'm not saying give us more or less, I'm saying give us what we deserve. If you put in 1/20th the effort, you should get 1/20th the reward.

Logically, you get 2 Legendary Cores per Rank 6+ Steel Charge.

Arguing that the people do not deserve multiple Cores, for their multiple Steel Charges is on your hands.

Logically, since ranking a mod to 10 is several times more costly than ranking it to 6 (it's around 16 times more), the compensation should not be equal. Different compensations for differently ranked auras would eliminate any injustice and justify the compensation for multiple rank 6+ Steel Charges. What argument do you have to justify them giving the same compensation for a rank 6 than for a rank 10?

There is a good reason to be upset. If you don't see it then you clearly have never ranked up a mod to 10. Every time a mod levels up you have to spend double the mod points worth of level it up again. Let's say you are using duplicates for a 10 rank mod. The level requirements are.

add that all together and you get 2047 duplicate mods baring in mind the most effective way to elvel up a mod outside of using cores.

To get to level 6 you need only 127 duplicates. That's the same reward for only putting in almost 1/20th the effort. If they are going to be compensated give them 2 rank 10 mods or something and save the legendaries for people who actually earned it. I'm not saying give us more or less, I'm saying give us what we deserve. If you put in 1/20th the effort, you should get 1/20th the reward.

DE set a bar that more than fairly compensates people who leveled to 10, which by extension more than fairly compensates anyone who leveled a steel charge above level 5.  Everyone is more than fairly compensated, this isn't pre-school stop worrying so much about what other people get and think am I getting a fair deal?

You getting a fair deal isn't impeded in the least by someone else getting a good deal.

You guys just want more and more and more...

There's a name for you people.

just in case you didn't figure it up they aren't giving us cores becouse they're kind or whatever or becouse they think we deserve them for spending cores/credits , they're giving us the cores becouse they screwed up and made a big balance mess and it's a way to say sorry (ala what league of legends people does when the servers go awol ) to everyone concerned and becouse doing so keeps their reputation intact.

side note: you're getting 2x what you put in, you should be happy!

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Logically, since ranking a mod to 10 is several times more costly than ranking it to 6 (it's around 16 times more), the compensation should not be equal. Different compensations for differently ranked auras would eliminate any injustice and justify the compensation for multiple rank 6+ Steel Charges. What argument do you have to justify them giving the same compensation for a rank 6 than for a rank 10?

The justification is exactly as it is. They're removing our extra mod levels, and condensing them into a 5-level mod.

"- Players who have a rank 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 Steel Charge will receive 2 Legendary Cores"

DE classifies all those as equal. If a player has multiples, he deserves multiple rewards. It's a shame people are arguing against player's getting the multiples they deserve.

The justification is exactly as it is. They're removing our extra mod levels, and condensing them into a 5-level mod.

"- Players who have a rank 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 Steel Charge will receive 2 Legendary Cores"

DE classifies all those as equal. If a player has multiples, he deserves multiple rewards. It's a shame people are arguing against player's getting the multiples they deserve.

deserve? pfft its taking advantage. What is with people crying about the economy then blatantly displaying the fact that they are the cause? We'll say that was about warframe trading tab...

I'm not saying give us more or less, I'm saying give us what we deserve. If you put in 1/20th the effort, you should get 1/20th the reward.

It's not a reward, it's compensation for a development screwup. By rights, they don't have to give us anything at all, but that would lead to an ungodly S#&$storm.

This is an appropriate amount of consideration. I'd rather them shovel out an awesome item to a lot of people that don't "deserve" it and a few that do, than sit around agonizing about tiers of compensation. They've got more important things to spend their time on.

You just sound angry that they aren't employing a gradient fine enough for you to lord your exclusivity over others.

My friend is a community moderator who will go unnamed with conact with DE staff. I asked him to contact them and ask them this question and they responded "unconfirmed" then shortly clarified with "2 legendary cores for EVERY steel charge you have that is past rank 5."

What's a shame is that people who went through the hassle of ranking a mod to 10 are getting the same compensation than someone who did a fraction of the work. What's even worst is that by your argument someone who has two rank 6 SCs would get MORE compensation than someone who has a rank 10 would get, all the while doing a fraction of the work!

And whether they deserve it or not is actually dependent on how much work they put into ranking it.

My friend is a community moderator who will go unnamed with conact with DE staff. I asked him to contact them and ask them this question and they responded "unconfirmed" then shortly clarified with "2 legendary cores for EVERY steel charge you have that is past rank 5."

The plot thickens!!

PS: The official thread got updated, It's confirmed. Let the hunger games BEGIN!

Edited by LocoWithGun