Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender swaps for frames

NeverDT

If I'm not mistaken it's also a part of the lore, the Tenno warriors supposedly mostly consists of male fighters.

And also, considering you're wearing full body armor, having a female is kinda useless unless you want to see armored boobies.

I guess they could do it down the line, but I'm really doubtful it have any kind of priority.

Then they should change the lore, imo. I'm no femenist, but I do think games should definitely represent females more.

I'll never understand this. I see it all the time, but I have no qualms about playing as female characters. I mean, do people really think they're some space ninja doing backflips and slicing dudes in half?

Is this how you think about every novel you've ever read? Every film you've ever watched? Surely you've read, watched, and enjoyed other media with main characters of an opposing gender?

Yeah, I see your point. I guess you experience games differently than I do. Like Ronyn said, I tend to immerse myself fully into a video game in order to get away from all the crap people give me while I work in retail,and stress from university.

Also, video games are a little different from other forms of entertainment. In MMO(RPG)s, developers give you the different choices in character creation/customization in order to let the player role play as someone or something not already present in reality. By allowing the player to customize their avatar any way they want to, you inject a little personality of yourself into that character and I just believe that at least having matching gender goes a long way.

That being said, I do respect the other characters, whether male or female in novels, movies, comics, manga, anime, etc. as who they are by the portrayal of the author. Most of the time, however, the audience only experiences the storytelling from an outsider point of view. We are merely watching the action start at the exposition, rise to a climax, and fall to a resolution and have no involvement or say as to how the protagonist(s) behave. Video games make up for this limitation, although I do enjoy the characters that are already present in other mediums of entertainment.

I agree with the op 100% it would be nice to see gender choice for the frames and i feel it wouldnt leave female players feeling less excluded from choice as their male counter parts do since most of the frames only come in male form while others only in female form.

on that note what the hell would a femal loki frame look like....oh god what about a rhino 0.0 :P that would be awesome

Edited by UCANTSEETHIS

As much as this could be cool, I don't feel it shoudl be a priority above other things.

Well I agree there are more important things but it'd be nice to have this option by launch. I'm sure it'd persuade many more people to actually play it since customization is kinda important.

I'm not even sure they have a gender.

Sure, some frames are more fragile, others are sterner built. But overall I like the thought of them being a genderless creation/species.

(Heh... Kunoichiframes.)

they originated from earth so they're humans.

If you check out : https://forums.warfr...to-dark-sector/

There are some lore hints aswell from another player.

"The connection is quite apparent.

Hayden Tenno was, so to speak, the first "Tenno". He not only shares the name, but also the equipment. He is armored, has a special melee weapon, can call upon quasi-magical abilities and even wears an Excalibur suit later on.

The Technocyte virus was a major part of the story of darkSector, and is existant in the Warframe universe aswell. The Technocyte plague (apparently, it got out of hand) is the reason for the Infested. Given what we're using to craft things, Warframes are part of the Plague, but, maybe, lucky few who can channel the virus to manifest usefull abilities."

http://images.wikia....288382_full.jpg

they're obviously intended to be homages/easereggs/referances only. you cannot make both stories coherent either. the warframes are clearly meant to be armors, not a symbiotic viral infection. so it cannot be related to the character of tenno or his initial infection. the technocyte of warframe is also far more organic and carcinogenic than the nanite-like infection of dark sector. there are loads of other differences that smply do not fit.

Yes, please I would so love this! It would be nice for females to be able to play any class as their gender and I would really love to be a healer/support trinity and not HAVE to play as a female. I'm loving the game and this would be a very nice addition for me.

"As much as this could be cool, I don't feel it shoudl be a priority above other things."

Maybe not a high priority over important game features but I think it should be addressed and it could be worked on the side.

Edited by Abzu

they're obviously intended to be homages/easereggs/referances only. you cannot make both stories coherent either. the warframes are clearly meant to be armors, not a symbiotic viral infection. so it cannot be related to the character of tenno or his initial infection. the technocyte of warframe is also far more organic and carcinogenic than the nanite-like infection of dark sector. there are loads of other differences that smply do not fit.

The suit that Hayden wears later in the game is armor... while his arm is infected, the rest of his body is encased in what looks eerily similar to a warframe... While there's developmental/technical reasons why there are these connections; it's entirely possible to connect Dark Sector and Warframe if the devs intended there to be a connection. Also, viruses evolve. Their effects can change depending on how the virus evolves to survive in a new enviroment and to survive against this futures medicine. I'm not saying there IS a connection between the two games. I'm just saying there's no need to dismiss it.

Unless we are playing specific 'characters' similar to picking a champion in games like LoL or DotA there is no reason to not have both gender variants of warframes.

If we can build these warframes what is stopping us from choosing the gender?

I don't see why anyone would be against this. You aren't losing anything here, you are only gaining.

If you think a particular warframe should be a particular gender, just pick it. So what if others do not?

• 2 weeks later...

i would even pay 1000Plat for a Female Rhino skin... I want it Q_Q

Damn read my mind.

Even though i would personally as many here have stated would love this option, i do also believe it is not much of an priority however and could be something that can be added along the updates little by little like 1 new skin a month or something as time gives, but come to think about it.

It would be interesting if there was an female counterpart to each male frame, with close resemblance but still show that this is a female and this is a male while having different but similar styles of play.

For example what if hmmm let us take rhino then.

What if Rhino the female version fo the male was less agressive but more suppourive so to speak, in difference what i ams ayign si that.

Male Rhino = Warrior type of class like in all MMORPG heavy armour hard offense.

Female Rhino = Knight type heavy armour Hard Defense.

A bit flavour, but as for me goes i will be happy ine ither way would love to see female version´s of the males and female version into male versions of skin.

It is an untapped market in cosmetics and i my self would be spending platinum on the option one way or the other.

I wouldn't mind this, but I don't think it should be a priority at all. As someone said the frames are all really distinct the way they are. I feel if they started making alternate gender versions it would start to cut in to the uniqueness of yet to be frames because the current frames would need two designs each. It's kinda like having a female spartan in Halo the only really noticeable change is the voice when she dies so it's not worth the time unless they have lots to spare. Plus I don't recall Tennos making much noise