Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender swaps for frames

NeverDT

on that note what the hell would a femal loki frame look like....oh god what about a rhino 0.0 :P that would be awesome

I played a female character on Global Agenda a couple years back. I don't remember the specific class, but the armor was so bulky that besides the shoulder and hip width, you really couldn't make out the physical anatomy and I thought that was a really cool way to go about the design. I would hope the Rhino-2F should share a similar plated appearance where the predominant difference is based on skeletal measurements as opposed to form-fitting plates.

Edited by Exodess

I like it the way it is. I like being a well armored female like Mag, or ember, then switching back to Excalibur and the others. I guess its just me that likes the options. Plus why would you want to cusotmize your own personal tenno? what would be the purpose? you cant even see their face, plus I think they are blue based on the hostages they save but then you see Lotus and they are normal human colored, and even then you dont see her full face. So why design something you will never EVER see. Its like Master Chief, you never see his face. Then again no one had problems with all the other Spartans in Halo that were either male or female.

Since we as characters can apparently shift genders whenever we want by switching out which warframe we are, I really don't think making gender options is a huge deal. It would be a nice addition but I personally would prefer more work done in other areas of the game.

Besides, this will probably be the first or second set of custom skins they make anyway, if they have any intention of doing this at all.

I could take it or leave it, but girls might want to use a more feminine-looking frame from the get-go. Please, please resist the ever-present horndog horde clamoring for gratuitous breast armor and midriffs.

Judging from the female Excalibur in the trailer, it doesn't seem that is likely to happen.

I'd love to see suits with bare skin at some point though, faces, mouths, hands, that sort of thing.

And as someone who has a female friend complaining about having to spend plat to get a female character, this is definitely something worth addressing, otherwise a lot of women may feel alienated.

I'd love to see suits with bare skin at some point though, faces, mouths, hands, that sort of thing.

And as someone who has a female friend complaining about having to spend plat to get a female character, this is definitely something worth addressing, otherwise a lot of women may feel alienated.

I think the style/story of the Tenno neccessarily implies that we probably won't see faces (something which I'm glad about). If you look at one of the frames standing still the reason they look so badass is because they have no expression. It's sort of a "we are Tenno, we are legion" type thing.

On women feeling put off, I'm a guy who mainly plays Nyx, I'm not particularly mad that I can't be a male mind-screwer. Also it's not as if your warframe flirts with other frames of the opposite sex... =P

On women feeling put off, I'm a guy who mainly plays Nyx, I'm not particularly mad that I can't be a male mind-screwer. Also it's not as if your warframe flirts with other frames of the opposite sex... =P

You also have to keep in mind that gaming is a male dominated industry which leaves a lot of women who want to play games alienated, especially those with a limited gender feature. It may not bother YOU but that's because you have the choice of 5 other suits where you can be represented as a guy, including whatever starting one you chose. This also wouldn't stop players from making unwanted advances on female members of the community through voice chat or text.

Edited by SocksMahoney

The lack of visible skin is part of what makes the Tenno badass and intimidating.

Just saying.

I could take it or leave it, but girls might want to use a more feminine-looking frame from the get-go. Please, please resist the ever-present horndog horde clamoring for gratuitous breast armor and midriffs.

Quoted for absolute truth.

The lack of visible skin is part of what makes the Tenno badass and intimidating.

Just saying.

Mostly true, but there are exceptions to that...

1341091959722.jpg

UrexusFace.png

But wasn't explicitly referring to just faces, hell, nobody even notices that the character in Dishonored wore no gloves.

And not as a default look, but a reskin or custom helmet type of thing.

Edited by Gromann

• 1 month later...

Playing as a female in a single-player game like "Beyond Good and Evil" or "Tomb Raider" feels ok.

However, in an MMO, it feels wierd if you have to play as a female when you're really a guy, or playing as a male character when you're really a female.

I'd like it if the warframes had a male/female model for each of them (like being able to play as a male Saryn or a female Excalibur).

Mag, Trinity, and Ember are all females. I'm sure they're planning on selling female versions of at least some current male warframes as well. They already have a model for a female Excalibur, or at least it looks very much like a female Excalibur. Check out :35 in the first look video:

Yep that is definitly a fem excalibur, but now that I see it idk.

Would you ask for a gender-swapped version of a champion in LoL or DotA or Smite? No, because those champions are specific characters.

That is what DE has been saying everytime they have addressed this.

Yes, it would be cool to have the 'frames not be gender specific if they were just suits of armor. The 'frames are not just armor though. Lore wise, they represent a specific character.

Personally, I'd rather see the 'frames be gender neutral and not be male or female.

If I'm not mistaken it's also a part of the lore, the Tenno warriors supposedly mostly consists of male fighters.

And also, considering you're wearing full body armor, having a female is kinda useless unless you want to see armored boobies.

Didn't stop mag, Saryn and Ember.

I'm against this idea on a gameplay basis.

It's much better to have recognizable chasisis than everyone getting their own special snowflake (you can already color it).

When I'm playing a game with random people I want to just instantly know what they are by looking at them.

With 2 variants of each Warframe, with unique colors, and some with different helmets, it would become very hard to tell who's who.

I say get over it, it's just a game. People have to play as a gender that isn't their own already in almost every game, look at DOTA or CoD, you can't be a male Lina and there's do gender choice whatsoever in the last one.

Edited by Webly

It's much better to have recognizable chasisis then everyone getting their own special snowflake (you can already color it).

Whe I'm playing a game with random people I want to just instantly know what they are by looking at them.

With 2 variants of each Warframe, with unique colors, and some with different helmets, it would become very hard to tell who's who.

I say get over it, it's just a game. People have to play as a gender that isn't their own already in almost every game, look at DOTA or CoD, there's no gender choice whatsoever in the last one.

Or simplest solution, have the hud tell you when you hover the reticle on the other player. It can go under the health bar/player name. Then everyone is happy. That's probably a good idea now, I was playing a couple of days ago and someone thought my Mag was an Ecalibur Prime! I also get called Volt alot.