The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Snipers Still Benefit From Rifle Amp?

Lunamaniac

Considering that Dead Eye... is otherwise literally useless, it strikes me that the only reason you'd ever need to use it is if Rifle Amp has been adjusted to not work on them instead.  If that is the case this is sevenfold bs.  Otherwise I'm going to assume the Dead Eye nerf is 100% a glitch that will be fixed in the next hotfix.

nope it was nerfed during u12 release already.

I thought this was a recent thing, still this needs to be fixed.  The reason their damage buff was higher than rifle amps in the first place was surely because they rely more on other weapon on killing things in one hit?  How does it make any sense to make it actually LOWER?

Blah, thanks for the info.

Dead Eye doesn't make any sense. Pistol Amp is still 7 mod points and +60% damage.

That's why I think they must have made a mistake.  If both work for Snipers then I'm guessing this is literally the fault of a typo.  Clearly the real value was intended to be 50% per rank.  It would actually make more sense.

Pistol amp might get nerfed in similar to dead eye, as that's what i think, that it will happen when they release this mod as official.

That Dead Eye nerf still can't be correct. Why would they make it worse than Rifle Amp in every situation?

Rifle Amp DO NOT work for snipers. Used to work before U12 but not anymore.

Dead Eye is for snipers.

Then there must be a bug that causes increased numbers for my Vectis when I have Rifle Amp equipped...

Rifle Amp works for all primaries except shotguns.

Rifle Amp DO NOT work for snipers. Used to work before U12 but not anymore.

Dead Eye is for snipers.

Not that I don't trust you, as you are clearly highly insightful.  But considering that others have, with just as much confidence, stated the reverse would you mind sharing your source with us?  Or is the product of your own testing?

I think shotgun has it's own aura too, but i haven't heard exactly about it, whether it was gotten through transmutation bug with other un-released mods....

Shotgun damage has never, or at least in a very long time, been increased by Rifle Amp. That was long before they leaked shotgun amp.

Not that I don't trust you, as you are clearly highly insightful.  But considering that others have, with just as much confidence, stated the reverse would you mind sharing your source with us?  Or is the product of your own testing?

From my testing, i just did 2 Apolloderp runs with a unmodded vectis... One with Rifle Amp, other with Dead Eye.

Seems like Rifle Amp might be still working indeed, at least i didn't see the expected difference in the damage.

I might be wrong. But then again, sniper critical hits damage fluctuates so much, its something hard to tell for sure without data mining.

From my testing, i just did 2 Apolloderp runs with a unmodded vectis... One with Rifle Amp, other with Dead Eye.

Seems like Rifle Amp might be still working indeed, at least i didn't see the expected difference in the damage.

I might be wrong. But then again, sniper critical hits damage fluctuates so much, its something hard to tell for sure without data mining.

It might be easier to tell if you try running with Rifle Amp equipped and without rather than against Dead Eye.  That way the difference you're looking for is 27% rather than 7%.  I'll be right back.

I tested it before posting in this thread the first time.

One shot with unmodded Vectis hits lvl1 Grineer lancer to the chest for 154 (or something like that didn't take it down).

One shot with unmodded Vectis and maxed Rifle Amp hits the same lancer for 192 damage to chest.

It's not hard to tell for sure...

rifle amp still works on snipers.I just confirmed the second time just now.

Even if it didn't anymore, rifles are much more viable than snipers; why would this aura be even weaker? It doesn't make any sense.

It's a no brainer that this is just wrong, and not trying to be mean but, do the balancing team even play this game?