The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Legendary Core Would Be On Alert

HideorEscape

I agree with renegade. Whether you believe the Steel Charge compensation was right or wrong, these legendary cores are simply too powerful.

For a game where grinding is the primary content, why would to implement an item that completely bypasses huge chunks of this. We're talking the 100-200 hours it takes to farm the resources to max heavy caliber being completely nullified by running one mission on alert.

Far far too gamebreaking, I'm very concerned about how DE intends to use these in the future.

Ugh seriously now...I just don't understand this mind set.  My neighbor got a Ferrari, I should too because why not.  They said in the prime time livestream that the Legendary Cores will come again, just be patient and stop asking for handouts. 

Do people even read anymore? Where did I ask for handouts? I specifically said these are too powerful to be in the game. In what language does that translate to me asking for more to be given out?

Edited by Teorina

Riiiiiiiight gonna break the game. Cause you know a 10 rank serration or heavy calibur or something that people already have in the game breaks it. Gothcha. Do you know what the word "break" means cause from context I don't think you do.

. I play this game for almost a year causally and I still can't max my hornet strike and serration. If I new player get this item he can avoid all of the trouble. Which is unfair to me. 

Also, leveling mods to make weapon stronger is a major part of the game, grinding fusion cores just to max out your serration is a painfully long but inevitable process that everyone should experience. LDC shouldn't exist in my opinion.

I agree with renegade. Whether you believe the Steel Charge compensation was right or wrong, these legendary cores are simply too powerful.

For a game where grinding is the primary content, why would to implement an item that completely bypasses huge chunks of this. We're talking the 100-200 hours it takes to farm the resources to max heavy caliber being completely nullified by running one mission on alert.

Far far too gamebreaking, I'm very concerned about how DE intends to use these in the future.

It is possible they may be moving away from primarily grinding based gameplay in the future or just introducing a lot of rank 10 rares or rank 10 legendarys.  A lot of ppl complain about the grind/grinding power for the sake of power.  

With that said, so far the endgame stuff they talked about does seem like it will be more grinding - I just hope the badlands missions are like raids that are super hard with stellar bosses and stuff....and hopefully it won't get nerfed within a week like every other content they've intro'd that requires our silly rank 10 mods.  

Do people even read anymore? Where did I ask for handouts? I specifically said these are too powerful to be in the game. In what language does that translate to me asking for more to be given out?

Whoa there Mr. narcissist that was for the OP.  If you noticed the context wasn't related to your post....

Edited by Relkin408

Whoa there Mr. narcissist that was for the OP.  If you noticed the context wasn't related to your post....

My apologies, your post came right after mine and I assumed it was a direct response.

It'd be a nice thought that they're moving away from grinding but I'm doubtful. Even if they were, it seems very backwards to have a massive grind in the game and ways to bypass it. Why not have neither???

I heard the tax on the cores is 1mil so thats quite unlikely

But they could use the core on a mod and then trade the mod over to avoid the tax?

I realise that means the alt needs to get the mod but if they can pick one up on nightmare alert it might be worth it.

My apologies, your post came right after mine and I assumed it was a direct response.

It'd be a nice thought that they're moving away from grinding but I'm doubtful. Even if they were, it seems very backwards to have a massive grind in the game and ways to bypass it. Why not have neither???

Well idk how long you have been around or how many streams you have seen so I'll assume you haven't to give a complete answer.

DE started this game off as a more casual experience for buddies to go on and slaughter stuff together a couple times a week.  Then the game exploded in their faces and it gained a radical dedicated fanbase and a crap ton of them too.  Suddenly player needs deviated from their plans/expectations and so they had to shift gears mid tokyo-drift.  The grind game is a tide over for them to implement endgame bc originally there wasn't going to be an endgame.  

So you can see why there would be grind and then a way to bypass it (but not really only on a couple items).  Remember these are Legendary....cores.  Remember what Steve has said about Legendarys and how he thinks its cool for them to be absurdly rare so when they are seen ppl are like omfgTOkewlMAN?  The fact that they called these legendaries AND during primetime said they're the first of Legendary ITEMS (implying more legendary items to come) means that they're likely going to be beyond rare/difficult to obtain so I wouldn't worry about it being a regular thing like rare 5 cores.  

Are they going to move from the Grind?  Hopefully - but if so it WILL be a process.  It won't happen all at once. 

I heard the tax on the cores is 1mil so thats quite unlikely

It's true...  That's why they're not really selling for 500 plats, etc.

I bought 2 yesterday...  2 million credits!!!  XD

(Still worth it in my opinion, because it costs that much in credits to max a rare 10 anyways.)

Edited by sushidubya

It's true...  That's why they're not really selling for 500 plats, etc.

I bought 2 yesterday...  2 million credits!!!  XD

(Still worth it in my opinion, because it costs that much in credits to max a rare 10 anyways.)

I saw a post yesterday about how to circumvent the credit tax...but it was deleted after about 10 seconds so I don't think I'll bring it up.

I think that it would be a mistake to add legendary cores to any drop tables. But I don't think an ultra rare "after live stream only" deal would be a problem.

I don't think it should be part of any alert or any drop tables...  In fact, I'm looking at this whole Legendary Core thing as compensation/settlement that the developers have offered us voluntarily after what is equivalent in the Warframe universe to be a "manufacturer recall" and it's quite generous.

I hope people stop QQ'ing for more, and just enjoy these cores...

EDIT: Grammar/Spelling

Edited by sushidubya

I don't think it should be part of any alert or any drop tables...  In fact, I'm looking at this whole Legendary Core thing as compensation/settlement that the developers have offered us voluntarily after a what is equivalent in the Warframe universe to a "manufacturer recall" and it's quite generous.

I hope people stop QQ'ing for more, and just enjoy these cores...

I'd rather get catalysts anyway :D