The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

"Hmm, those are both rather interesting answers. I have never heard either before," came his reply. "By the way, are you alright? I can't help but notice the 'strain' in your voice. At first I thought nothing of it, but now it's a small bit concerning. It sounds very painful."

His body language supported that he was, in the slightest bit, worried for Terra, even though their knowledge of each others existence was ever so brief.

"Mmh..." She replied quietly, giving a simple nod in response. "Yes..." She added on shakily, taking a moment to think of a better way to explain herself than speaking. It was always painful, and her voice wasn't exactly pleasant on the ears in its current condition. She lets out a soft sigh as she contemplates a proper response.

And after a mere second or two, she gives him a nod, wrapping a hand around her through, then gently pressing the tip of her thumb against her throat, not too far from the center, then moving her hand past her neck and out from the back, attempting to get her explanation of an entrance and exit wound to her neck. She can't remember how she got it, but she can recognize a bullet wound, and knew that it was a huge pain in the neck...Both figuratively and literally

The oberon was astonished. Never had he even heard about such a wound being survivable, but now he was speaking to someone who had. His interest soared, however, the more he spoke to her, the more he realized the pain she was enduring.

"I...I see," came his next response. "That must have been...almost life changing. I can guess that you never fully recovered, did you? My deepest condolences."

The oberon was astonished. Never had he even heard about such a wound being survivable, but now he was speaking to someone who had. His interest soared, however, the more he spoke to her, the more he realized the pain she was enduring.

"I...I see," came his next response. "That must have been...almost life changing. I can guess that you never fully recovered, did you? My deepest condolences."

The Valkyr shakes her head at his first statement. "Cannot even...Mmh...Remember it..." She wheezed in response, the Valkyr running a thumb along the deep scar that tarnished the forehead of her helmet. Her Frame wasn't in the most pristine condition, but it was well-kept for the most part, a few notches here and there on various parts of her armor, but nothing stood out like that scar above her eyes. Whatever caused it must have reached the skin below. "This...Life changing..." She said slowly, punctuating her statement with a slow sigh

"Oh, oh my. What would have caused that?"

Curiosity still got the better of him as he asked more questions.

She thought for a moment, staring up at the stranger. He was so tall, especially compared to all the others she ever came across...Though, sadly, she couldn't remember the name of the frame he wore. She couldn't really remember the names of any of them any more, save for a select few. She quickly dashed the thought from her head. It didn't really matter at this point.

She takes in a deep breath before answer "Scythe..." She imitated a slow swinging motion, able to remember exactly how her attacker's arm moved before that blade nearly took off the top of her head. Had she not been backpedaling when it happened, she definitely wouldn't be standing where she was. "Very..." She coughs softly mid-sentence, her body language showing annoyance with her constant injury interruptions "Very...Deep..."

The first and only thing that came to mind when she said "scythe" was an image of the "Hate", a cruel blade that belonged to the one, known only as, the Stalker.

"Scythe? Do you mean, you were attacked by the Stalker? That is absolutely incredible!"

So few survive encounters with the stalker,and fewer defeat him in combat, and fewer yet have his weapons: The Dread, the Despair, and the Hate. All of which are well known throughout the Origin System.

The first and only thing that came to mind when she said "scythe" was an image of the "Hate", a cruel blade that belonged to the one, known only as, the Stalker.

"Scythe? Do you mean, you were attacked by the Stalker? That is absolutely incredible!"

So few survive encounters with the stalker,and fewer defeat him in combat, and fewer yet have his weapons: The Dread, the Despair, and the Hate. All of which are well known throughout the Origin System.

Though Terra never quite knew the name of the one that attacked them that fateful day, she would remember that scythe, and that...Thing that attacked them for the rest of her days. She wasn't the target...She merely tried to keep his target alive that day. 

She gives him a slow, solemn nod "Fought...Was not...After me..." She responded softly, taking the Sydana collar from her side and holding it in front of her "Was luckier...Than...Mag." She said before coughing a bit, slowly stroking the scar adorning her forehead

It was as if time stood still for the oberon, to hear such tragedy. He was filled with sorrow.

"Oh.....I...I am so sorry. I can see why you take that asa collar with you now. It serves as a memory of a friend past. So much has happened to you; the bullet wound to the throat, the gash to your head, and the loss of a friend.

"I can share the pain of death, as I have lost a friend too, long ago." *he pulls out the heat dagger from his back* "This dagger, used to belong to that friend. He always said it was lucky. But luck didn't save him from a Grineer Balista. The round cut through his ash with ease. Right through the heart, the bullet went. As he fell, I could almost feel his pain, feel his breath, hear his shattered heart. With his dying words, he gave it to me, and said 'Run'. The rest of the squad made it out ok, but I was forever scarred from the events of that day."

A single tear rolls down his cheek from within his helmet, as he continues to look upon the dagger.

It was as if time stood still for the oberon, to hear such tragedy. He was filled with sorrow.

"Oh.....I...I am so sorry. I can see why you take that asa collar with you now. It serves as a memory of a friend past. So much has happened to you; the bullet wound to the throat, the gash to your head, and the loss of a friend.

"I can share the pain of death, as I have lost a friend too, long ago." *he pulls out the heat dagger from his back* "This dagger, used to belong to that friend. He always said it was lucky. But luck didn't save him from a Grineer Balista. The round cut through his ash with ease. Right through the heart, the bullet went. As he fell, I could almost feel his pain, feel his breath, hear his shattered heart. With his dying words, he gave it to me, and said 'Run'. The rest of the squad made it out ok, but I was forever scarred from the events of that day."

A single tear rolls down his cheek from within his helmet, as he continues to look upon the dagger.

The name "Ash" is one that Terra could recognize, as it was one of the last frames she was with before everything went south. Terra gives an apologetic and slow nod to the Oberon before her, carefully reattaching the collar to her side once more. Though she was able to recognize the name of the frame told to her, she couldn't remember what a "Ballista" was. It seemed familiar, the answer just out of reach.

She let out a soft sigh as she found herself once more unable to properly dig into her memories and reveal what she needs to know. She looked to the floor before turning her head back up toward Technomancer "Tragedy...Lasts...In memory..." She says slowly, citing one of the few memories she was ever able to actually recall

The name "Ash" is one that Terra could recognize, as it was one of the last frames she was with before everything went south. Terra gives an apologetic and slow nod to the Oberon before her, carefully reattaching the collar to her side once more. Though she was able to recognize the name of the frame told to her, she couldn't remember what a "Ballista" was. It seemed familiar, the answer just out of reach.

She let out a soft sigh as she found herself once more unable to properly dig into her memories and reveal what she needs to know. She looked to the floor before turning her head back up toward Technomancer "Tragedy...Lasts...In memory..." She says slowly, citing one of the few memories she was ever able to actually recall

"Yes, I suppose you are right."

"I have enjoyed our talk. It was very much memorable, so much that I will not soon forget it."

"Yes, I suppose you are right."

"I have enjoyed our talk. It was very much memorable, so much that I will not soon forget it."

Though he could not see it, Terra gave a small, tired smile beneath her helmet. When one cannot recall nearly any of their memory, sometimes, it just helps knowing that they can somehow please others in whatever way they can.

"Glad...I could help..." She said softly, though her voice was still scratchy

"I'm so sorry, I didn't think the blast would be that powerful!" Gynx looked warily at Agatha's left arm, which was currently encased a large block of ice, and showed no signs of melting anytime soon. Agatha smiled, "It's OK kiddo." Gynx had frozen her arm while sparring, She banged it against a nearby bench. Yep, still hard as steel. "You know, I haven't seen any old faces around."

After pondering his own thoughts for a few moments, he said,

"So what do we do now? It seems to me that we have covered almost all topics worth discussing at the moment."

Terra simply shook her head. Finding a way to keep things going was always lost on her. Everyone was a stranger nowadays, and speaking was difficult

"I will...Not keep you held up...Longer..." She answered in her raspy tone to the Oberon

Terra simply shook her head. Finding a way to keep things going was always lost on her. Everyone was a stranger nowadays, and speaking was difficult

"I will...Not keep you held up...Longer..." She answered in her raspy tone to the Oberon

"Very well. I wish you luck in your battles yet to come. May we see each other again in the future, perhaps to exchange more stories."

With that, and a deep bow, the Oberon left, waving as he departed. Once out of earshot, he said to himself, "What a truly remarkable Tenno, indeed!"

He wandered through the halls of the still glorious dojo until he came back into the garden, returning to the pond that he had left. He stared down unto the fish, still swimming, still peaceful. He let his mind drift as he sat on a nearby stone. He then crossed his legs on the stone, and began meditating again.

Terra respectfully returns the bow to the Oberon she had been speaking with. Once he had started to leave, she did the same, slowly making her way deeper into the newly discovered station, the Valkyr curious to what else she would find in this interestingly placed Dojo.

Though she was rather disappointed that she found out nothing, as per usual, she was happy to have made a new acquaintance, and also quite glad that she wasn't greeted with a weapon in her face. Oh, how she hated that. She lets out a slow, scratchy sigh as she casually explores the station, interested in what lies ahead of her now

artorias: *walks to terra* hey

The Valkyr stops mid-stride as she's approached by Artorias, curiously looking the Tenno before her over. It sure didn't take long for her to find herself in another little greeting for sure. She gives a quick nod in response before actually speaking "Hel...Hello..." She says softly, her voice strained and raspy

artorias: i have meds for geting your throat slit if you want

Terra simply shakes her head in response at the offer. "Not...Slit. Shot." She replied simply, stroking her neck "Wound...Old...Unsure of..." She coughs and attempts to clear her throat "Who shot..." She tries to keep her voice as clear as possible, but talking in general has a tinge of pain to it