Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #23!

[DE]Rebecca

One thing I noticed was the mention of equipping a melee weapon being part of the standard weapon rotation (F by default.) Please please PLEASE explain how this works in a bit more detail.

For example, by pressing F, will it go Primary > Secondary > Melee > Primary > Secondary > Melee?

Or will it be press F to cycle Primary > Secondary, and hold F to cycle Primary/Secondary > Melee?

If quick strikes using E are supposedly going to be less effective, and if I need melee equipped to use charged strikes, I don't want to have to cycle through my guns to reach my sword. Equipping melee sounds great, but one of the most important things is going to be ensuring quick, reliable access. By the time you need melee the enemy is already in your face, and you won't have as much time to switch weapons.

Please, make sure switching from guns to melee is as fluid a transition as possible, without requiring players to use Speed Holster.

Alternatively, let us rebind the "equip melee" button.

Most important point being, I don't want to have to cycle through two different weapons to reach the one I want to use.

Reb: Will the new clan Management system bring the option to view your Inventory?

Pablo: I’m not sure if we want you to be able to change things in your inventory while in the dojo. The dojo is to hang out.

My question was initially misinterpreted, I meant from a trading perspective, to be able to see our stuff without changing them without going back to the hub. I think someone after me clarified that, but didn't get what the team said about it.

Other than that, that was one of the best streams, certainly the most ususual one, and I'm looking forward to the customizable UI!

I thought all of the information was good EXCEPT:

1) a "no" answer to the question of showing ping on UI. Right now, I'm playing on a PS4. I can't begin to describe the level of lag that can be found in normal survival missions or especially, especially, the Void. Knowing what your connection is like and that of others IS important in a game like this that requires flow and consistency. It helps you connect with other players who will not hinder the performance of the game. "Who's inviting? Well, Jack, here has the best lag, so let's have him open the lobby." I don't get it.

and

2) Not being able to look at your inventory, work on your foundry, see which keys you have???? Really? So you think hanging out and not being able to discuss your loadouts or strategies for your warframe with friends is not worth visiting? How about starting to build something while "hanging out"? Having to tell friends, "I'll leave, take a picture of all my setups, and be back whenever that's done," is not optimizing this game to it's full potential. If you're "hanging out" with buddies, having access to your inventory seems to be an essential aspect of a dojo, so coaching new people or veteran comparisons can be made. 

Making things look pretty, might be very important to many. But giving the gamer the experience that he or she will keep coming back for? That should take priority. And I think you two missed the mark.

Edited by (PS4)ShadyBrady13

Play now

Everything relevant neatly in one place is good and all - as long as those who do not care can keep making plans for themselves. As long as that's possible, it will really make life easier.

I guess that look is heavily "work in progress" - something neat, like the inventory in-game would be nice. Speaking of which, you might wish to limit mouse movement when using in-game inventory, so players don't have to worry about moving the mouse cursor too far from the menu. If you let go of the Inventory button it "cancels" already so no need for that huge inactive area.

Would be nice to make the cursor invisible (or a circle or some other "pointy" form) too. This is a different tale though so on to the next thing.

Clan management

We could really use that stuff, especially statistics about clan-members' activities, mostly amount of Donations. I know it sounds a bit narcistic to oversee that and elevate one's position within clan by such infos but it really makes easier to judge people instead of listening to rumors about what "someone said about someone who knows that someone is"... you get it.

Oh and one very important thing: let us control hosting. I don't mean the rights. I mean if I want to host a separate dojo I should be able to do so without the game forcing me into Solo mode. We have to face it, networking is still the weakest point of the game - one way to go around it is to allow us to host even if there are availible games on-going already. I don't want to try to join all the time and get a ping too high notification and whatnot. Yesterday I had a hard time trading because there was an afk guy within the dojo and he couldn't host for anyone outside of our country - try inviting people to your kiosk...

Sure, there is "host evaluation" but that only plays at mission start so a way to manually decide whether or not I want to join or host instead would be more than welcome.

Actually I'm thankful that "host evaluation" doesn't work all the time - it's frankly a pain. When we allow it to do so, it frequently chooses the worst possible host, the guy who has a good computer and an instable connection. Like it or not, I would rather reinvite him multiple times during a mission then make the whole party disconnect half the time.

UI

Hmm, I feel that making the UI more "lightweight" might have a countereffect making it harder to "find what you want". It's already quite hidden, for new players it's kinda hard to find their way around. Maybe making everything accessible from one place would be a good idea, instead of the social panel being completely independent. Sure, after opening the chat it should be free to be moved around but the button opening should be always at the same place, preferably in a social menu right by the Codex and kin.

Specific Warframe Huds

If we get the option to choose from different styles for and color every panel (preferably independantly), including changing and coloring crosshairs, this would be solved. Maybe 3 appearance settings could be stored just like in case of frames and such (A, B, C). You could sell different styles for plat.

Teammates warframes

That is so true it hurts. I know I should at least remember who I'm playing with but it would be really appretiated if the player panel had multiple levels of information. Like base (just health/shield, frame name) and advanced (energy, active skill with timer - not necessarily numbers, maybe a circle being eaten away in a "clocky" fashion).

I really hope that when you implement said hud customizations, relocating panels will be within our powers so I don't have to accept everything the majority decides. Sorry but for example I miss that whitish automap we had once for a week or so - I know players didn't like it but I still miss it. If I could color the map with the hud... okey, enough of this, you already get it :D

Cross-hairs

That or this:

Challenges:

Challenges are nice already in the game, they provide us with a little bit of extra goal and on completion some extra affinity. It's nice but shallow.
It would be good to build on that base and provide us with challenges with higher goals and bigger rewards. This way you could reward players who are actually playing the game instead of just buying everything with money. Don't misunderstand, I bought platinum too, and those players have their reasons (and let's not forget that they keep the game going) but it feels disappointing to fight for something for days, get it and then meet a guy who just bought it with the money he got from his parents...
Anyway, the challenges could go further than how they are and for example they could vary depending on map type:

- Soldier: 95% of Your kills must come from your primary weapon.

- Pistolero: 95% of Your kills must come from your secondary weapon.

- Blademaster: 95% of Your kills must come from your melee weapon.

- 95% of Your kills must come from Warframe abilities (if you have damaging ones availible).

- Anatomy: 75% of Your kills must come from a vital shot (like headshot or in case of ancients, legshot etc. or spot marked by Banshee).

- Backstabber: 50% of Your kills must be performed from behind (not stealth kills, just from behind).

- Shadow: No alerts (not availible on infested maps).

- Snapshot: Your team must kill 50% of enemies in 5 seconds after visual detection (IF they detect you :D so stealth all the way and you are cool!).

- Whirlwind: Do a killing spree of 20 consecutive kills with no more than 5 seconds between each kill.

- Untouchable: You cannot lose health (this needs the current Bleeding proc to be fixed so maybe your shields must never reach 0? - beware of Distruptors and Nightmare missions :D ).

- Rusher: You must complete the mission under X minutes (normal missions).

- Completionist: You must reach at least X waves (defense)/ Y minutes (survival).

- Economist: Complete survival with only using personal supply drops.

- Wacko: Complete the mission wearing pink shorts.

- Marksman: Have at least 60% accuracy.

- Norris: You must kick/knock at least 50% of enemies to the ground at least once before you kill them.

- Thief: Your team must open 86.3% of the lockers and containers.

- Collector: Scan all enemy types appearing during mission at least once (excluding seeker's grenades, cameras, barrels etc. - can be damn hard actually).

- Wingman: Assist in at least 50% of the kills performed by your teammates (unavailible in Solo).

...etc.

The rewards could be something nice but not game-breaking.Of course these rewards would be good at other places too but many of these should be challenge exclusive:
- Different types of crosshairs.
- Titles - like sharpshooter, headhunter, etc.
- Different color schemes (skins) that makes your weapons/frames a little bit more different, maybe sigils that can have their own slots on the weapons.

- Maybe vouchers for vanity items. Like mentioned crosshairs or already existing stuff, palettes, skins having a voucher cost for themselves. Their cost would be immensely high but people without platinum would be able to get them... just a sec, let me elaborate on these in the next chapter!

Foundry

I know it's more of an Inventory issue, but I believe it affects foundry activities too that there is no effective way to properly filter your items, blueprints, etc. Those options that are present help us big time but they are just not enough and finding something is really painful. Also the way selection works is scary - I always end up selecting other stuff too when selling unused items. Would be better if the usual "windowsy" pattern worked here, holding shift for continous selection, ctrl for add to/remove from selection, etc. Same goes for resources in Foundry.

Minimap icons

As long as there is "covering" it's going to be a problem. We need a way to see all icons, maybe putting an X mark at the relevant point and showing the actual icons on a line by it.

X

\      ICONS HERE

Like this. Sry for the vintage "artstyle" but had no will to open paint and upload a pic for this.

Damage notification

Though very useful in most cases, it really is painful to play Nightmare missions with constant health loss - get's VERY irritating to have the screen constantly flash with red.

Minimap locking

Okay, sorry for this, seriously, but I have no idea what "portrait mode" means here. Guess it's the full-screen version of the map? Anyways, could be nice, I usually use that one, though a way to make it more transparent would be nice. Also if the game doesn't reset to minimap version every time I die. Okay, that last part is not that important, as we all know, that I never die... yea... sure.

Downed teammate

A red arrow showing the direction to the player by his/her avatar (or on it) could be useful. Maybe we could have a white one constantly showing the direction towards the others there and it would turn red (and flashing) when they are down.

Ping info

That would be very nice though :(

We have trouble from time to time discerning whether or not we are the ones lagging or the host and this could help a bit by showing the pings towards the server/host's rig.

Sniper scope

Though the contrast is still painful sometimes.

Inventory in the Dojo

Sorry, I don't want to sound demanding or spoiled but I have to disagree. With the Trading taking place in the dojo it's ceased to be a place only "to hang out". It is now a vital part of trading and it would be way more effective to be able to access inventory from the dojo. We have to initiate trading with someone to see our items without exiting the dojo - trivial it may sound but with the Dojo-hosting still being just as unstable as any other hosting, it's kind of bothersome to exit all the time and hope that I will be able to join next time as well...

Minimap icons

When reading about enemy icons, a thing popped up in my mind from ages ago. With the Enemy Radar and Enemy Sense both doing the same thing (one for team while one for player), why not change one?

Make Enemy radar into the usual Aura where enemies are shown on map.

Make Enemy sense into personal enemy location mod which shows enemies akin to the Scanner in 30s/25s/20s intervals. Or 20s but with range increasing every level.

I believe that's enough of a wall for now :D

Edited by K_Shiro

Thanks for the writeup! Two things I would like to address though:

1. Inventory in the Dojo

I think most people would actually like this. I, for one, would very much like this. The trading post is in the dojo, and having to go out and back in just to see what I can trade is very frustrating and time consuming. Also, while hanging with friends, it's useful to be able to see what Void keys I have, or what materials I need more of, or what part I'm still missing on a prime weapon—That way we can effectively plan what mission we're going to tackle next without having to go out of the Dojo. Similarly, being able to access the Foundry while in the Dojo would also be very beneficial; say I traded a clan mate for a prime part, I would like to immediately be able to open up the Foundry and build it right there, while still being able to chat and interact with my clan mates in the Dojo.

2. Minimap Icons

It would be nice if we could see which of our allies are our teammates, instead of everyone becoming a Lotus symbol. Sometimes my teammates have ran off but I didn't realize it, because I saw in the map that my "teammates" (in actuality, allied Grineer or Corpus soldiers) were still hanging around close to where I was. 

DAMAGE NUMBERS

Reb: Toe_Ma says I personally am not a big fan of the RPG-esque damage numbers floating above the enemies as you hit them. I come from an action game background and find the floating numbers un-immersive and less ninja action star feeling.

Pablo: It's a tricky thing; in action games you don't see those numbers. It's what makes it the RPG style because you can see how you’re damage is working. It’s one of those things in the ideal world once we get the fully customizable HUD we can branch out.

I was really looking forward to getting some acknowledgement on an "Option to Hide Damage Numbers", but this answer left me utterly disappointed. Almost broken-hearted as well.

I have always wanted and waited for such a toggle option to be implemented since I started playing, but I never realized how much DE didn't really want that until now.

I am still glad that Pablo said he might get to it after HUD customizing, but I'm pretty sad that it's pinned as super low priority. Even though I feel it is a simple option.

Besides that, I liked the stream. Cool info on what's in the works for UI elements.

Can I mention something, please? In regards to accessing the inventory while in-dojo, there's at least 4 reasons I can think of for it to be available - to tweak your equipment for sparring in the dojo, to tweak it for the obstacle course, to check what you've got available before initiating trades, and to check what you have and what you need before donating to construction or buying from the labs.

In addition, I'm not the first to suggest a foundry access in-dojo, which is another reason to make inventory available.

Furthermore, if you enable the Hub in the dojos, as has been suggested many times over since the dojo system came out, that's even more reason to hang out in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Reb: Will the new clan Management system bring the option to view your Inventory?
Pablo: I’m not sure if we want you to be able to change things in your inventory while in the dojo. The dojo is to hang out.

Which is why no one uses the Dojo. It should be a central hub for the clan to gear up, group up and head to missions.

As it stands right now the Dojo is a useless space that is only used when you need to research or trade. Adding the ability to manage gear and inventory, group and select missions would make it less a waste of space and someplace that is actually used.

Make the Dojo an optional Hub so we can actually make use of all the resources and time that we put in to build it.

Edited by ChardWreck