Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Nerf Suggestion..

(PSN)mkjt88

I hate to see a nerf to anyone as i don't feel anything is OP especially when your higher lvls.. But it gets old when a nova m primes from the start.. It's just no fun for anyne but nova. My suggestion is what I've seen someone say the other day.. Keep the slow down and damage multiplier but nerf the explosion upon death. Maybe not even remove it but make it so you can't just literally one button one bullet poof.. Room is dead. Maybe make the explosion kill. A few extra enemies close but dnt chain reaction.. Only explosive aoe is givin to the initial guy that died.. Not every single enemy.. Well the explosion doesn't cause any deaths it deals to explode it must be an ability or bullet Melee whatever from a character

most nova players are bad. cause they dont even use antimatterdrop.  also id rather see buffing other frames than nerfing stuff. that is something even DE said. but never did.

if ur so angry about it just play with friends and forbid them to use nova? "top kek"

I'd rather see the opposite: remove the slow down effect and maybe reduce the damage multiplier from x2 to x1.5, and instead of the explosions dealing a set amount of damage, each explosion is equal to 30-50% of the killed enemies health. This would help balance it a little at all levels since the damage scales according to how much health the enemy you just killed had. It also means players will have to be a bit more tactical since they will have to either kill several tightly packed small enemies or prioritize heavies to get a chain going.

It also makes the actual explosions the highlight of the Ultimate rather than the slow down effect (which is entirely unnecessary IMO) or the damage multiplier.

I hate to see a nerf to anyone as i don't feel anything is OP especially when your higher lvls.. But it gets old when a nova m primes from the start.. It's just no fun for anyne but nova. My suggestion is what I've seen someone say the other day.. Keep the slow down and damage multiplier but nerf the explosion upon death. Maybe not even remove it but make it so you can't just literally one button one bullet poof.. Room is dead. Maybe make the explosion kill. A few extra enemies close but dnt chain reaction.. Only explosive aoe is givin to the initial guy that died.. Not every single enemy.. Well the explosion doesn't cause any deaths it deals to explode it must be an ability or bullet Melee whatever from a character

Let me tell you about balance...

Nova is squishy. Without her murderous OP skills she would die.

I understand and like i said i honestly don't want a nerf but also hate games where you have two novas battling for kills.. I think if they just decreased the explosion aoe the skill would still be powerful enough. Maybe boost her health or somethng when they do it. Or make better use of anti drop and maybe make the anti drop do its damage but also cover other enemies close with the explosion aoe and remove it from prime.. That way you still have everything and either choose rather to prime for more damage and slow down or use a drop for the explosive aoe... And better yet use the two together to make the combo what m prime is alone now. And as far as making other frames stronger thats all fine but no matter the strength one button one bullet the room is cleared does it even matter? With all that said i thnk it needs serious thought and a good way to go about this because i hate to see any nerf myself and don't want to make higher waves even harder. Also another quick fix is maybe raising energy cost for m prime and leave it all alone. It just can't be spammed multiple times every wave. I know some will hate all ideas but honestly many if us know something needs to be addressed be ause if i even get in a game with two novas.. I trust they dnt play very intelligently and spam prime so i leave. Also just to say it i don't always mind playing with a nova.. I like using her and i like having a viable nova player withme it's the ones that spam prime on wave 1 before their all out the doors that get me.

Edited by (PS4)mkjt88

Am I the only one who's noticed that M. Prime explosion ‘chain' distance seems to have been nerfed? In a recent Void mission I was facing a group with several shield Moas hovering above them. I triggered MP and shot one of the Moas. They all died, but not one of the enemies beneath them were killed. I also ran into several occasions where one enemy would explode and another one 7 or 8 feet away wouldn't. Chaining seems to have been noticeably reduced.

I should also point out that I recently ran a PUG on Kappa where 3 out of 4 of us were wearing Novas, and the game just POURED bad guys on us. Sometimes I feel bad using MP, but on that mission we couldn't spam it fast enough. It was incredibly fun to play, with these massive explosions going off every few seconds.

Edited by PanUmbrian

really? 60 sec slow down + damage x2 + blast damage = too OP even for a squishy frame.

at least reduce the duration into 3-5 sec. 

u get one shotted when fight 60+.  slow doesnt matter when they have ranged.

it's not our fault 90% of the population don't fight 60+

Edited by Pure

really? 60 sec slow down + damage x2 + blast damage = too OP even for a squishy frame.

at least reduce the duration into 3-5 sec.

+1.

Nova's a glass cannon. Glass cannons make things go boom. They don't act as pseudo-Magician support classes with better offensive support than nearly every other class in the game.

The blast should stay. The debuff duration needs to get hammered down; 60 seconds is absolutely unnecessary. Make it 10-15 seconds at absolute max, affected by Duration mods.

Yeah guys, ignoring the fact that high levels are just jerking off to your ego, that 200k damage I just did from my vectis shot into that AMD totally falls off!

I mean, I realize that her damage is titanic compared to the likes of the 1 thousand to 2 thousand damage the other frames can only hope to pull off, because armor scaling totally negates that 199k damage difference!

Yeah!

Also, lets make sure to give her more CC then the nuking frames, that way we can be extra sure there is no conceivable reason to run any other damage frame besides her!

And when people call out nova on being OP, lets say we like explosions, so everything else should be buffed! Then call nerfing bad for the game because they might touch my toy that makes pretty energy-colored flashes of light and numbers!

Edited by Cwierz

u get one shotted when fight 60+.  slow doesnt matter when they have ranged.

it's not our fault 90% of the population don't fight 60+

50% slowdown = fire rate cut in half = damage cut in half. Silly stun locks aside, if you can't get out of that situation, then you shouldn't have let yourself get surrounded or cornered in the first place.

Besides, the devs have already stated that absurd scaling from Defense and Survival is not intended and won't be taken into account for Frame balancing. I think their target level was 40.

most nova players are bad. cause they dont even use antimatterdrop. also id rather see buffing other frames than nerfing stuff. that is something even DE said. but never did.

if ur so angry about it just play with friends and forbid them to use nova? "top kek"

Let's say we had a secondary weapon that did 1000 base damage to everything in a 50m radius and insta-froze any enemy that survived the hit, and didn't need reloading. Do we buff every other secondary to that level?

Forgive the exaggeration, but same situ. "Press 4 To Win" was a glaring issue long before Nova entered the fray.

Edited by SortaRandom

I understand and like i said i honestly don't want a nerf but also hate games where you have two novas battling for kills.. I think if they just decreased the explosion aoe the skill would still be powerful enough. Maybe boost her health or somethng when they do it. Or make better use of anti drop and maybe make the anti drop do its damage but also cover other enemies close with the explosion aoe and remove it from prime.. That way you still have everything and either choose rather to prime for more damage and slow down or use a drop for the explosive aoe... And better yet use the two together to make the combo what m prime is alone now. And as far as making other frames stronger thats all fine but no matter the strength one button one bullet the room is cleared does it even matter? With all that said i thnk it needs serious thought and a good way to go about this because i hate to see any nerf myself and don't want to make higher waves even harder. Also another quick fix is maybe raising energy cost for m prime and leave it all alone. It just can't be spammed multiple times every wave. I know some will hate all ideas but honestly many if us know something needs to be addressed be ause if i even get in a game with two novas.. I trust they dnt play very intelligently and spam prime so i leave. Also just to say it i don't always mind playing with a nova.. I like using her and i like having a viable nova player withme it's the ones that spam prime on wave 1 before their all out the doors that get me.

To make a viable Nova takes some rare mods and at least two Forma.

Without fleeting expertise, streamline, flow, blind rage and quick thinking (and a maxed out vitality) she dies very quickly and can't spam MP.

MP also runs out of effectiveness about the same time as everyone else's 4 power on survival missions, if you can't get past 40 mins with any other frame, you certainly won't with Nova.

The longer I play this game, the less valid the nerf Nova argument becomes, to me at least.

what about frame that capable of aoe just like Nova? Or are you just "experiencing" Nova in your run, and happened to find her skill "flashy" noticeable. 

Because talk about explosion, every aoe frames capable of that. 

Is nerfing Nova mean = because she kill steal you? Isn't that just mean personal opinion? You don't particularly state anything about her being op, so the nerf is just for "ruining" the game for player like you. 

If this is the case then buffing other frames up won't change anything, since the issue with the op is not because Nova is op, it's because her playstyle ruin his game. 

m-prime having 3 different ults? Is her overall mechanic made up for that? Like for example:

-a frame that able to buff dps on every frame, nuke mobs, aoe explosion, capable of staying invincible until high lvl play, basically from lvl 1 to 30, this frame will never die.

-A frame that capable of turning the team invincible, unlimit energy, the only time that frame die is the low armor and delay casting time. 

-A frame that capable of letting enemies ignore it the whole run, and incapacitate the enemies, outran them, the only time that frame can die is the 0.75 sec cast delay or ran out of energy. 

-A frame that capable of deplete the enemies, stun them, immobile them, calaple of recast their skill over and over again, enemies can't never touch that frame unless it's energy ran out. 

There are many frames that I can list where their ults had multiple purposes, not just their ult, their 1, 2 3 capable of having multiple purposes as well. 

Exo: mag's shield polarize, 2nd skill, took away enemies's shield while gaining back her own shield. That 2 incredible purpose for just 2nd skill

Inisibility: 2nd skill. Yes, it's one purpose is to stay invisible, but what can you do while being invisible? Anything. 

You don't compare the frames for just their abilities, you compare the frame as a whole and whether or not they deserve that abilities. 

Mag and Loki deserved having the 2 best 2nd skill, likewise Nova's overall mechanic deserved m-prime. 

Nova's make games boring for other people.

Fact. 

This needs to change. 

Nova makes game boring for some people, very fun for others. And don't tell me that anyone pleading Nova's cause is a Nova only player, if you're an experienced player you shouldn't play her that much, and if you go to "ruin anyone's game" you should know that the best weapon is the Vanguard Rhino.

Fact.

Some want this to change, and I'm not saying it shouldn't, just that Nova is the one getting attention on top of the others, nerf her MPrime and you'll get to learn that in the P4W tier Nova isn't the best at all.

-snip-

You don't compare the frames for just their abilities, you compare the frame as a whole and whether or not they deserve that abilities. 

Mag and Loki deserved having the 2 best 2nd skill, likewise Nova's overall mechanic deserved m-prime. 

^this

MPrime is far from being the only ult or ability that does it all. What makes a difference when reaching high tiers is the scaling with the damage boost, but as said earlier the overall game balance isn't intended to be relevant passed lvl 45 (yup, this argument can be used in both ways).

This argument that "HURR If its a SKILLLLED nova, Obviously they spam the S#&$ out of AM drop instead!" is asinine.  Unless you're using something with aoe damage, or pin-perfect accuracy, you'll get shreded once you're past the point that an un-charged AM Drop stops killing everything.  Because, uless you've got a team with you that is going to sit and protect you while you charge your spirit bomb every time a group of mobs shows up.... Well, lets just put it this way.  Try hitting a target the size of a baseball that's consistently moving around while you're flipping all over the place trying to avoid getting turned into a bullet pin-cushion by the horde of enemies you're trying to kill with your frame that is squishy.  This is exacerbated even more by the fact that her ONLY other skill with any defensive utility, null star, lost its auto-stagger, providing her with some measure of protection while she may have been preoccupied.

Anti mater drop is a boss-buster skill.  Which, frankly, aside from the old Lephantis(not after he was nerfed to hell), isn't really useful since guns will shred the bosses nearly as quickly.  It isn't meant to be thrown at every single mob you find, its a waste of time.  Unless you're using a sniper rifle, it'd just be quicker to shoot them most likely.

At any rate, as previous posters have stated, this isn't really even about nova.  Its about aoe attacks kill-stealing. Until you start getting very high-level, almost every frame can spam aoe nukes to wipe out hordes of enemies at once.  Nova is only a bit flashier and with a bit more range to hers.  If you want to talk about balance, and that no frame should excel at what they were designed for, lets talk about how Trinity can essentially make an entire team indefinitely invincible.  How Loki is virtually a care-free immortal so long as he doesn't stand directly in front of a napalm when his invisibility is about to run out.  Or about how Rhino is pretty much made to trivialize everything but very high level content.

For a balance to be struck between those who enjoy using nova for her... explosive abilities, and those who are annoyed that they can't keep up with the murder train, I think simply adding a "power in use" for when there are primed enemies left would be fine.  It's not really much of a nerf and it largely solves most peoples issues with novas "kill hogging and ruining their fun".  There's always that one guy left hiding under the stairs. =/

This argument that "HURR If its a SKILLLLED nova, Obviously they spam the S#&$ out of AM drop instead!" is asinine.  Unless you're using something with aoe damage, or pin-perfect accuracy, you'll get shreded once you're past the point that an un-charged AM Drop stops killing everything.  Because, uless you've got a team with you that is going to sit and protect you while you charge your spirit bomb every time a group of mobs shows up.... Well, lets just put it this way.  Try hitting a target the size of a baseball that's consistently moving around while you're flipping all over the place trying to avoid getting turned into a bullet pin-cushion by the horde of enemies you're trying to kill with your frame that is squishy.  This is exacerbated even more by the fact that her ONLY other skill with any defensive utility, null star, lost its auto-stagger, providing her with some measure of protection while she may have been preoccupied.

Anti mater drop is a boss-buster skill.  Which, frankly, aside from the old Lephantis(not after he was nerfed to hell), isn't really useful since guns will shred the bosses nearly as quickly.  It isn't meant to be thrown at every single mob you find, its a waste of time.  Unless you're using a sniper rifle, it'd just be quicker to shoot them most likely.

At any rate, as previous posters have stated, this isn't really even about nova.  Its about aoe attacks kill-stealing. Until you start getting very high-level, almost every frame can spam aoe nukes to wipe out hordes of enemies at once.  Nova is only a bit flashier and with a bit more range to hers.  If you want to talk about balance, and that no frame should excel at what they were designed for, lets talk about how Trinity can essentially make an entire team indefinitely invincible.  How Loki is virtually a care-free immortal so long as he doesn't stand directly in front of a napalm when his invisibility is about to run out.  Or about how Rhino is pretty much made to trivialize everything but very high level content.

For a balance to be struck between those who enjoy using nova for her... explosive abilities, and those who are annoyed that they can't keep up with the murder train, I think simply adding a "power in use" for when there are primed enemies left would be fine.  It's not really much of a nerf and it largely solves most peoples issues with novas "kill hogging and ruining their fun".  There's always that one guy left hiding under the stairs. =/

Trinity.

Don't pretend you won't have one in high level S#&$.

No.