Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Nerf Suggestion..

(PSN)mkjt88

AMD is an impressive tool, wheather you like it or not. Of course it needs MPrime to be used, non primed ennemies would kill you so easily by the time you charged the ball.

But try using it with a formaed Boar Prime, with its crazy fire rate you soon have unload a clip in the ball with insane damages. And that's just an example, any weapon with good fire rate and relative accuracy does it just as good.

Nova makes game boring for some people, very fun for others. And don't tell me that anyone pleading Nova's cause is a Nova only player,

Why anyone would assume only Nova players preach Nova's cause is beyond me... Personally I think it's people who have a very flawed definition of fun, but that's a highly subjective matter on my own part. 

I'd say some of the ones who find Nova fun are people who either need the xp but don't have the gear in order to efficiently farm it themselves, or simply don't want to do anything engaging in a monotonous boring mission grind for a certain reward, and can simply watch Youtube or something far more engaging while letting the Nova run amok. 

if you're an experienced player you shouldn't play her that much, 

So basically what you're saying is only use Nova if you are new, and don't have gear to deal enough damage with conventional fire-arms. I can see how Nova is useful to newer players, yes. 

and if you go to "ruin anyone's game" you should know that the best weapon is the Vanguard Rhino.

Yep, he's a strong contender alright. . . But he doesn't need the amount of extensive modding as Nova does in order to be truly effective. Nova is also a lot more cost efficient than Rhino is, and her ability has the potential to deal far more damage than Rhino's #4 depending on the size of the enemy clusters. Rhino can be a fun teamplayer as well, as he can boost your overall damage without removing your fun if he so chooses. 

Fact.

I wholeheartedly agree. Facts are facts. 

Edited by TwiceDead

So basically what you're saying is only use Nova if you are new, and don't have gear to deal enough damage with conventional fire-arms. I can see how Nova is useful to newer players, yes.

Wow, much interpretation, such another meaning.

I said this because when you are experienced you will get Nova only for mass murdering missions and in certain conditions. The good point in having many frames is having the right tool for the right situation, and Nova is far from being the best tool everywhere.

If I want to rush alerts or invasion or nightmare Rhino is a beast, I'll go with Ember for infested, Oberon is a mass murdering tool that offers a bit of healing, Nyx is my go to if I feel the team shaky, or just for fun, Trinity for god-mode, Vauban for strong CC,... I don't play Nova that much in fact, she's really powerful but her squishiness makes her too tricky for some situations. I'll play her if I'm really sure of my team.

That said, I guess it's a good tool for a newcomer that want to manage to get through the hard defenses and survivals he will have to face to clear the solar map, you know those ones where nobody comes on Phobos, Europa or Sedna. He will be a great help for his team even with his lowbie mods, and his team mates will actually enjoy having a Nova in team.

Yep, he's a strong contender alright. . . But he doesn't need the amount of extensive modding as Nova does in order to be truly effective. Nova is also a lot more cost efficient than Rhino is, and her ability has the potential to deal far more damage than Rhino's #4 depending on the size of the enemy clusters. Rhino can be a fun teamplayer as well, as he can boost your overall damage without removing your fun if he so chooses.

MPrime will always outdamage Stomp, but a Nova can't outrun a Vanguard Rhino. And with only a Focus it's enough to clear any mobs on more than half of the solar map. Now about efficiency, on a good Stomp build you can spam it to your heart content all along the map, couple that with a good weapon and the people behind you will wonder if there was a single mob in this map, Novas included.

Of course Rhino has a gameplay that's a bit more team oriented than Nova, but she's meant to be a nuker and he's meant to be a... front-line-tank-CC-machine-damage-dealer.

I wholeheartedly agree. Facts are facts. 

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Facts are facts until you're proven they are not, and things are really relative to someone's perception and point of view especially on this kind of topic. But I won't go any further on semantics, there are many good books that could help way better than I ever will.

Edited by Cyrionn

most nova players are bad. cause they dont even use antimatterdrop.  also id rather see buffing other frames than nerfing stuff. that is something even DE said. but never did.

if ur so angry about it just play with friends and forbid them to use nova? "top kek"

Well, there are times when your friends are offline you know.

Nerfing Nova in any way is horrible. She is a glass canon and thats all she is suppose to be! MP and AMD are the most damaging abilities in the game, but they are given to the weakest warframe in the game! Stop whining about Nova and think about Frames that have Crazy stats and Crazy abilities (Valkyr?) 

I mean she can get to 3k armor and has a ability that gives her 50% more armor and a ability that makes her go indistructable and with the right build can do 1k damage a hit, and can stay in this mode for over a minute! Nova is OP? ya... she may be but she is better then Valkyr.