Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lack Of Anything "fun" In Repetitive Missions.

-Trinity

Why not add a certain touch to missions that are dragged for a very long time?

These missions fall under the category of (Survival, Endless Defense and Defense) Missions.

Players usually play this missions just for the rewards which usually come around 15 - 30 minutes of gameplay time.

What am I asking for you to put into the game?

The challenges(Kill 3 Enemies in 10 seconds etc..) you currently have in the game to play a bigger part in these missions

How about every challenge changes to another every one minute in the three stated missions.

Challenges like (Collect 10 Life Support Modules, Kill 5 Grineer Heavy Gunner) 

This would mean more exp and more things for the player to do.

Players who are more into completing a stated goal can better benefit from the extra exp.

It also makes the player have something else to do then just sit around and defend/killing everything.

Just something that might improve the gameplay of those missions.

that actually would be pretty cool. extra bonuses. maybe every 5 minute segment in survival, or every 5 waves (possibly every wave, after a certain number, at least. since you'll get so many enemies in a wave), change up the bonus challenge. but then I'd like to have a way to either check what the current challenge is, or keep the challenge up constantly in the corner

maybe DE could even implement some sort of reward system associated with completing challenges like that. this would give maxed-out frames a reason to complete them during regular missions other than for fun (I usually try to do them anyway. just because they're there). it would also give people incentives to do more missions. or maybe they'd all just end up doing defense/survival to try to exploit getting multiple challenges in one mission. but that's why they'd be less frequent in the beginning of a defense mission and more frequent later on, when the waves get longer. Idk what the rewards would be, maybe after completing like 20-50 (possibly more, dunno), you could get your choice of a potato BP or forma BP? those are pretty good ones. or maybe you could choose between resource/credit/affinity boosters. but you'd have to complete a lot of challenges to get some of those for free. I do think those challenges should be tallied up somewhere and used for some additional bonus

What I think also is that they should remove the irrelevant side objectives from these missions. I mean, how are you supposed to hack a console in Defense? How are you going to to get 10 Stealth Kills in Survival? Get an artifact (module) is a given in a Mob Def. Uhh, wut? (-.-)

It's been there since I started (July) and nothing about it has been addressed even.

EDIT: They have so many Steam achievements, yet nothing revolves around the OP's suggestions. The most interesting is just to kill 5 enemies while sliding. How about a Steam Achievement of "Kill 1,000 enemies while in the air" or "Hack 500 Terminals"?

Edited by ErudiusNacht

What I think also is that they should remove the irrelevant side objectives from these missions. I mean, how are you supposed to hack a console in Defense? How are you going to to get 10 Stealth Kills in Survival? Get an artifact (module) is a given in a Mob Def. Uhh, wut? (-.-)

It's been there since I started (July) and nothing about it has been addressed even.

EDIT: They have so many Steam achievements, yet nothing revolves around the OP's suggestions. The most interesting is just to kill 5 enemies while sliding. How about a Steam Achievement of "Kill 1,000 enemies while in the air" or "Hack 500 Terminals"?

There are four cypher achievements though. One, ten, one hundred and one thousand.

Better idea: pop in a random mini-boss. Y'know, like the old "placeholder bosses" that had just bigger models and were bulletspongy. Or spice it up in the real high level defenses that spawn a hyena, phorid or some grineer combat exosuit (like the MAX in planetside, would be an idea for a grineer stalker)