Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Part Build Oxium Cost

--FORMA--

In my opinion, I think Zephyr's whooping 600 Oxium is to much.

I just got the Zephyr blueprint items, then saw that all of the parts require 200 Oxium each.

I'm like DUDE, THATS TO MUCH.

I think DE should reduce the Oxium cost to a reasonable number.

From what I hear, The Oxium cost does not have to be reduced.

So I think that Oxium Drones should spawn more frequently

Oxium should be able to be farmed at other missions.

Oxium Drones should have less health.

Also they should have no armor.

Edited by QUEAZYBRUSH

I just got the Zephyr blueprint items, then saw that all of the parts require 200 Oxium each.

I get your frustration with this, I do. 600 looks to be an awful lot.

However, I was able to farm about 1000+ Oxium playing Kappa over four hours, which was more than enough for the clan research costs as well as my own crafting costs. I was playing solo, not with others, so I quite likely could have been done sooner if I had done so.

I also got about 40+ fusion cores, leveling a few mods to maximum - Blind Rage and Overextended being two of them. Just do two hours a day if you can, and you'll be done in no time. You can also go beat up Lephantis a few times for variety (and Orokin Cells) - it's what I did to break up the monotony; that, and experimenting with tactics to make the Oxium flow more easily.

Just because people don't know how to farm Oxium doesn't mean it has to be nerfed into oblivion.

Kappa still yields up to 50 Oxi per run and with moderate dedication it is farmable in 2 days.

200 is reasonable.

Why do I get 24 per run now when I got 50 per run in the event then? And you say that 2 days is not long? It is long to run the same mission for 2 days.

You can get between 30 and 50 oxium each time you finish Kappa, so that's 20 unlucky Kappa runs. 20 might seem like a lot, but if you take into account the time it takes to do the research (which I believe is 3 days) that means you have three days to do Kappa 20 times before the game will actually ask you for those 600 oxium.

The thing that bothers me is the fact that you only learn about the extra oxium costs after doing the blueprint research. But that's a problem DE is already aware of.

Worst case scenario, you're gonna have to do about 6 runs per day to get those 600. I don't think it's that bad, considering you only get 30 oxium if you get really unlucky or if you arrived late.

People need to drop this Kappa argument.  Unless in an organised group of people all after the same thing you're lucky to get 30 per run, that equals around 20 runs with luck on either side of the margin.  I personally never found more than 40 in a run and frequently found less than 25.

It's ridiculous.

People need to drop this Kappa argument.  Unless in an organised group of people all after the same thing you're lucky to get 30 per run, that equals around 20 runs with luck on either side of the margin.  I personally never found more than 40 in a run and frequently found less than 25.

It's ridiculous.

Again, I say - I ran it solo, and got between 20 and 50 per run, and on average about 35 per run.

With a good gun with high puncture and either Electric or Magnetic damage, you can one shot the Oxium Ospreys on Kappa. I used a Latron Prime - you can call me a dirty cheater all you want, but it works excellently for snapshots.

It's ridiculous.

Getting 40+ with random is not hard at all. You just need to remember to check all the main doors and corridors leading to the central room for drops you might have missed. Oxium drops last for a very long time, so you don't even have to keep running around all the time.

If you can't stand randoms, then you can go solo. My highest oxium drops were from a solo run. I got 50 using Ember and just spamming World on Fire.

I believe you dont need the 600 Oxiums if you buy it from the Marketplace.

That's definitely the reason why Zephyrs are so rare, I only saw 2-3 players with Zephyrs since U12...

Oh really? Until a week ago i always had people leveling their Zephyrs in my team.

Edited by Awex2k13

iv had kappa at average 20-33 per run... you sure u don't thing its up to 60 WITH resource booster... most of us don't have it. I gave up after i reached 145 oxium... will see if they change anything in the future.

I cant stand the noobs and kids screwing up the MD-s all the time.

Getting 40+ with random is not hard at all. You just need to remember to check all the main doors and corridors leading to the central room for drops you might have missed. Oxium drops last for a very long time, so you don't even have to keep running around all the time.

If you can't stand randoms, then you can go solo. My highest oxium drops were from a solo run. I got 50 using Ember and just spamming World on Fire.

I have no time for snobbery.  It's obviously possible as otherwise you wouldn't be bragging about it, however it's unreasonable.  Are you going to argue that this requirement is in some way innately justified, it is simply inane. 

It's actually a fair amount of resource required. Oxium hasn't been out for months and if you haven't been fighting the Corpus you might not have gotten much of it anyway. In time you will get to the point where you have too much of it and you'll complain it drops too much. GOD! KNOWS! NANO! SPORES! Drops way too freaking much! Orokin Cells take too long just to get one by chance, luck, and absolute dumb luck to actually get one.

So say thank you to DE for not requiring frames to not use 10 Orokin Cells bud. Seriously Just farm the Oxium in Kappa. 50+ each run, that is you have every one in the same area and the Oxium isn't so far away to find.

i dont go to kappa. why should i be forced to play a specific mission to get oxium?

600 oxium

a single oxium drone gives you 1 oxium, and that is if he doesnt kill himself

600 oxium is way, way too much

But that's wrong, i've seen drops from up to 5.

Ok, for what it's worth to everyone, here's the setup I used to run Kappa solo.

Frame: Mag (Prime) / Rhino

Weapon: Latron Prime (Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Shred, Stormbringer, Fast Hands)

Tactics:

- As you can see, I don't use Heavy Caliber on the Latron Prime, because I want to have accurate snapshots. With the mods on the Latron Prime, it'll be able to one-shot the Oxium Ospreys (which, as Corpus Robots, take more damage from Puncture (+25%), and extra damage from Electricity (+50%). Due to the amount of damage, it doesn't really have much trouble with the other units.

- With Rhino, I didn't use Stomp until the the cryopod defend point, at which point it became very useful as a temporary stun. After you Stomp, kill the Ospreys first, then the others.

- With Mag, Pull works nicely to stun the Oxiums briefly, allowing you to shoot them in the face. Shield Polarize is primarily useful when defending the cryopod to silence an entire flank at once. I didn't use Crush very much, just since any Oxiums affected by it won't be killed (even with Blind Rage on Mag), and will immediately kamikaze after the casting is complete.

I did not use a Resource Booster (I didn't actually check the Market until afterward), and I got an average of 35 a run, when running Kappa solo. With a good group, I'm sure you could get more per run, and more quickly.

I have no time for snobbery.  It's obviously possible as otherwise you wouldn't be bragging about it, however it's unreasonable.  Are you going to argue that this requirement is in some way innately justified, it is simply inane. 

Calm down, Lunamaniac. There is no need for such hostility.

You said you never got more then 40 oxium on a single run. I was merely stating that getting more then 40 oxium on a single run is indeed possible. I also told you how it is possible, in case you wanted to try it for yourself. It's not bragging, it's sharing information.

I agree with what Reddemon159 said. Zephyr is still new, and 600 is quite a lot for people who "wants it nao!"

But for anyone starting from now on, they'll easily acquire that much before they're ready to even think about using Zephyr. Or at least, they will do when the Grineer dominance of the starchart ends.

50 is if u have a really good run. realistic number is 30.

20 runs - 15 min each :  300 min/5h of kappa with all the morons, and aholes screwing it up, showing off and aoeing far from others, messing up spawns.

The problem isnt cost - its the locations to farm it. ONLY kappa - and no other mission or place works.