Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Part Build Oxium Cost

--FORMA--

Calm down, Lunamaniac. There is no need for such hostility.

You said you never got more then 40 oxium on a single run. I was merely stating that getting more then 40 oxium on a single run is indeed possible. I also told you how it is possible, in case you wanted to try it for yourself. It's not bragging, it's sharing information.

My apologies, you're right that I should have made my point less rudely.  However maybe people should stop stating the same thing over and over again as if noone has ever heard of it before.

We already know that Kappa is good for Oxium.  I don't see how that justifies a 15 run best scenario grind of this one mission.  When I see people trying to say that the situation is totally different because it can take 15 runs rather than 20 I lose hope. 

People need to drop this Kappa argument.  Unless in an organised group of people all after the same thing you're lucky to get 30 per run, that equals around 20 runs with luck on either side of the margin.  I personally never found more than 40 in a run and frequently found less than 25.

It's ridiculous.

All i do is pug, pug, pug, no matter what.

Anyway, 30-50 per run if you have top level frame and weapon. As long as you are killing every Osprey you meet those numbers are not rare.

If you going in without top level stuff and it takes you a while to kill those things the number starts dropping.

Anyway, 30-50 per run if you have top level frame and weapon. As long as you are killing every Osprey you meet those numbers are not rare.

If you going in without top level stuff and it takes you a while to kill those things the number starts dropping.

lol, see what I mean?  Ahem, thanks for the contribution.  I am all the wiser.

lol, see what I mean?  Ahem, thanks for the contribution.  I am all the wiser.

You don't need high-end stuff. I did it with Saryn while leveling 3 Weapons just to aquire their mastery points, the rest was just pressing 4 until extraction was ready. Also i had 3 random teammates who shot at enemies, too.

However the Carrier can help a lot with picking up resoruces.

Edited by Awex2k13

1.) You don't have to farm at Kappa.   That's just the location that the community has discovered is the most efficient to get this resource due to the huge number of spawns (applies to any Mobile Defense or Survival) and the level of the mission closely matching the level at with Oxium Ospreys start becoming common.

2.) You can get 600 oxium in a day or two if you actually work at it.  This is a reasonable amount of grind. For comparison, I play another F2P MMOG where I need a specific item in order to rank up a piece of my equipment, and to get it without buying it in the cash shop seems to be a less than 1% chance from a special box that you can only get once per week.  I have 6 characters for farming in that game and I haven't got the item I need in a month. So.

DE is trying to run a business here. If you don't want to be inconvenienced, then buy it for platinum. That is the point of (properly run)  F2P economics.

You don't need high-end stuff. I did it with Saryn while leveling 3 Weapons just to aquire their mastery points, the rest was just pressing 4 until extraction was ready. Also i had 3 random teammates who also shot at enemies.

However the Carrier can help a lot with picking up resoruces.

What level was your Saryn. Im sure if she was top rank and you had top focus you dont need a top weapon. I mentioned weapon because i dont spam that much. And remember that the discussion is in pugs.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

1.) you HAVE to farm kappa. Its not even about efficiency. There isnt another corpus MD for that. Defense spawn rate for drones is near 0 and survival has also  just a few per 10-15 min runs. Other missions are not even worth mentioning. They only spawn in reasonable numbers at kappa.

1.) you HAVE to farm kappa. Its not even about efficiency. There isnt another corpus MD for that. Defense spawn rate for drones is near 0 and survival has also  just a few per 10-15 min runs. Other missions are not even worth mentioning. They only spawn in reasonable numbers at kappa.

Defense missions in the Corpus ships do spawn a good amount. That's how i completed the Oxium event, i did a few runs in a Corpus Ship defense map. I dont know if there are any of those left.

And any other mission where there is a continuous spawn can give a nice amount if you just stay in the missions and keep killing. For that lore competition i was doing a spy mission to take some pics with a datamass and i ended up with 10 Oxium simply by clearing enemies so i could take some pics alone with the masses.  

50 is if u have a really good run. realistic number is 30.

20 runs - 15 min each :  300 min/5h of kappa with all the morons, and aholes screwing it up, showing off and aoeing far from others, messing up spawns.

The problem isnt cost - its the locations to farm it. ONLY kappa - and no other mission or place works.

and the fact that we only have kappa to farm them is our fault as we took the better rewards from grineer invasions and wiped out any other possible farm locations

My apologies, you're right that I should have made my point less rudely.  However maybe people should stop stating the same thing over and over again as if noone has ever heard of it before.

We already know that Kappa is good for Oxium.  I don't see how that justifies a 15 run best scenario grind of this one mission.  When I see people trying to say that the situation is totally different because it can take 15 runs rather than 20 I lose hope. 

People who say that the numbers are fine because they have no trouble farming that amount of oxium simply don't care about others and you should just ignore those comments.

But not everyone who suggests Kappa has that kind of idea in mind, or at least I don't. I tell people to go for Kappa because it is the most helpful thing I can tell them to do. I could say "post threads about it so that DE will take notice", but saying that would not be helpful at all. Who knows how long it will take for DE to do something about the numbers? That is assuming they will do anything at all. Maybe they think the numbers are fine, I don't know.

So I tell people the one thing that I know for sure, and that is that it is possible to solo Kappa for 30, 40 or even 50 oxium. That's assuming, of course, that you have the necessary equipment, the necessary amount of time and the necessary amount of patience to do all that. It's certainly not the best answer, but it's about all I can offer as a mere player. But I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just trying to help and I hope the others are as well.

20-60 per run of kappa is accurate

i've only seen 1-3 for a drop. never 5

the resource booster is a godsend if you can't stand kappa/idiots it's much cheaper than the 275 to buy zephyr.

nyx can mind control an oxprey, it wont suicide charge and the enemy will tear it to pieces before it comes out of the stun.

if you have sufficient bludgeoning strength (jat kittag) the poor thing wont ever get off stun long enough to suicide. and it's so satisfying given all the trouble they've caused you

in the end i like the frame, and i don't regret the trouble to make her rather than buy her. as people have said new players after this point will not have these issues. they'll have probably found 860 oxium by the time they have the parts to make her blueprints. and the 10 odd days of research and construction is more than enough to farm it all.

People need to drop this Kappa argument.  Unless in an organised group of people all after the same thing you're lucky to get 30 per run, that equals around 20 runs with luck on either side of the margin.  I personally never found more than 40 in a run and frequently found less than 25.

It's ridiculous.

Make sure you party with a Nova, and stick with them for a few games.

I frequently walk off with 50 to 60.

Edited by fatpig84