Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diversity Over Practicality.

(PSN)ToastyFairy01

I see a lot of weapons repeatedly over the course of my time playing. Soma, Dread, Hate, Despair, Penta, Ogris, Ignis, Kunai, Galatine- just to name a few. Yes, these are all good weapons. Yes, the Penta murders everything brutally. Yes, Soma can drop bosses in seconds.

But you can't take away my Flux Rifle.

I don't like using the earlier listed weapons- not because they are good, but because they are overused. My personal favorite is the Flux Rifle with a pink laser and Shred. When someone has Enemy Radar on, I get giddy because that means I shoot through doors. Yes, this is amazing in every way possible. It pains me to see that the Flux Rifle isn't as used as some other weapons. I feel like people just use it for a stepping stone for Mastery Rank. Its Slash damage is utterly brutal if you can apply it properly. At higher levels, it starts to fall off in ability and devours your ammo, but that's okay. I shoot pink laser beams of death.

What is a weapon of yours that you favor over others and why?

I still pull out my Flux every now and then, in fact might forma it some more this week. DE has been pumping out a lot of weapons lately, and most people are busy with those, and not to mention that continuous fire weapons are still not really completely fixed. Hopefully they get on that soon.

As far as favorite goes, would probably have to say Penta. It single-handedly brought me out of a boredom slump, and doing trick shots with the grenades never gets old.

The Ignis because i like to sing "Disco Inferno" as i use it to fry up hordes or infested.

Oh my. I just happen to have dropped a Forma on my Ignis because I find it so much fun, and now you just made it ten times more fun for me.

EDIT: On! And let's not forget the Drakgoon! Infested horde on your face? It can fix that for you. Enemy behind a railing, window, whatever? It can fix that for you. Sniper at 60+ meters? It can fix that for you... if you can aim.

Edited by Guest

I don't mean to be a hipster, but I'm one of the few esteemed folks that use a Dual Zoren. It's a niche weapon designed for sophisticated players with a taste for the finer forms of combat and mobi...

Oh god I'm so sorry, I just couldn't write that with a straight face!

In all seriousness though, Flux Rifle is pretty great. I used it for a long while and enjoyed it quite a bit! I've actually never tried giving it penetration, but now that I hear this Enemy Radar tactic I'm kind of interested in giving it another go!

The Supra will always be my baby. I know the projectile speed is not fast enough, I know that the Soma has a higher DPS, I know the reload speed is too slow, I know that with Heavy Caliber on it sprays everywhere, and I know it eats ammo like crazy.

But there is still nothing more satisfying than ripping hordes of enemies to shreds with my glorious royal purple colored lightshow of death, I'd like to think that the slow laser projectiles gives them more time to reflect upon their death as they enjoy their final blinding lightshow before they are carried into the void.

FM5V5YO.jpg

The Jat Kittag.

Because why would I want to melee an enemy when I could melee them with ROCKETS?

I also enjoy the Seer (Fantastic Sniper pistol), Akstilettos (They just have the best reload), Twin Gremlins (Nail Guns are fun) and the Hind (High damage+High Accuracy = winning) as my go-to weaponry when I'm just out to have some fun.

A load out that's also my favorite now is the Grinlock, Akvasto and either the Dual Cleavers or the Machete Wraith - 'cause why be a Space Ninja when you could be a Space Ninja Cowboy?

Edited by Shanicus