Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor - Supercharge?

Kohira

Question

Before the Gorgon fans jump on my train, know that althought I admit the Gorgon is a beast, I don't like it. I don't like it. I don't like it. So, don't try to explain why Gorgon should be supercharged, I don't want it.

I have a choice between Boltor and Braton Vandal (I need to choose a 'main' weapon, something to use 90% of the time)

Braton Vandal was my favorite weapon before U7. Lately, I haven't felt like playing with it anymore. What I like about the Braton Vandal is that it's good for almost everything, I even like the accuracy and the way it shoots. Somehow I still got bored of it.

And then... I met Boltor. Jesus Christ. It's 20 times more fun than any other weapon I've ever played with. Sadly, there are downsides, such as the S#&$ty accuracy, resulting in being impossible it is to hit moving targets from medium range without a frost damage mod.

-Can anyone help me figure out which weapon does more damage? Or which is better overall?

-Is Boltor worth to supercharge?

-Can the Boltor fans encourage me to supercharge the Boltor?

Additional information:

-Got the Paris, although it's super fun, it just doesn't work very well in defence missions, for now it doesn't feel like it's worth supercharging.

-I have only 2 Orokin Catalysts, I'd like to keep the second one for, maybe a melee weapon.

-I use the Lato Vandal as my side weapon, good accuracy, high damage.

-I'd really like to try the Hek in the future, but right now I don't have the money. I'm hoping I won't fall in love with it.

-I use Ash. Sometimes in the near future, a Saryn, if I can get the money, and bp.

7 answers to this question

I supercharged my Boltor as soon as I could, and I've never regretted it. It's possibly my favorite weapon. IMO before U7, BV was better against infested, but I don't believe so anymore. I would highly recommend charging your Boltor to be your new main weapon.

Bolt weapons cannot crit but their natural armor piercing makes them very useful against both grineer and ancients. Personally, I would recommend using a bolto or akbolto instead to free up your primary. Bolts also fly in an arc which makes them far less accurate at long range. If you can accommodate for that with a more accurate secondary then go for it.

Edited by Tenebraex

I'm a big fan of the Boltor and I also dislike the Gorgon for various reasons (like the spin-up time forcing me to stay slow or stationary or have my DPS drop below that of any other primary), but if I'd be forced to chose between the Boltor and the Braton Vandal, I'd go with the Vandal. The natural armor-piercing capabilities of the Boltor might be nice against specific enemies, but the Braton is just easier to handle, allowing for longer engagement distanced Vs mobile enemies, especially when they suddenly stop or change direction, all while having a higher averade DPS against all kinds of enemies.

Of course, if you're mainly farming grineer, you'd be better of with the Boltor, but I like to kill all kinds of space dudes and monsters.

well I supercharged my Boltor and havent regretted it, it's rank 30. I havent maxed the mods out and have no prob atm running mobs of any kind, went back to kill Captain Vor for someone, basically walked up and hammered his face and was over in a few seconds. I dont need to over buy rifle boxes as I also am making the Akboltos(rank 11) because i like the armour pierce, soon tho to level im going to have to make a new rifle which Prob Ill make the HEK, just xp blocked untill I level.

but all in all i love the boltor, the graphics of them pinned to the walls and roof jiggling around cracks me up lol. but really there maybe better rifles but the Boltor is still op when made good.

my prob is what melee weap to use? think ill make duel zoren and fang, any ideas?

edit....

btw I dont think boltors can shoot those electrified things that stick to people, dang annoying, can any one verify that?

Edited by Deek

The Boltor is a great weapon along with the Braton Vandal. I have used both a lot and I think they are both equally good but suit different play styles. Personally I would use the Bolter when I didn't feel like running around since I found it difficult to shoot with when moving fast or when shooting moving targets. The Boltor has armour piercing already so in theory you could make it more powerful than the Braton Vandal as you could use a mod slot on something other than Armour Piercing.