Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reason For Laser Door

MonkeyTango

Question

I feel like many player don't know what triggers laser doors so I thought i might explain.

In Coprus levels there are cameras scattered on the map which glow with a red light and you will also notice beeping when you get close. Now if one of the cameras spots you, doors will have laser barriers up and sentries on roofs will also start shooting you. A simple way around is just shooting those red glowing cameras.

Also for those who are stuck in rooms where they can't see any of those cameras, then it is highly possible that one of your teammates has advanced into a place where there are red cameras spotting him and he is one of those who doesn't know to shoot those motherfathers. If you now want to get past the lasers do a slide slash. How you do it? Dash > Crouch (to slide) > Melee (to slash). I only did this one and it worked, might as well have been only luck but I will try to confirm it again.

So, thanks in advance for shooting the red light district spotlights

Edited by MonkeyTango

22 answers to this question

Waste of time to kill the cameras, you can just slashdash through the lasers like you said (Sprint > Crouch to slide > Melee). With practice you can just make it a habit to slashdash through all doors in corpus missions, then you don't have to waste bullets on cameras. :)

After a few missions it's a habit to shoot those cameras. Tho i admit being way too friendly with them in easier missions. I've heard about it while playing with friends. I'll rush ahead and keep shooting enemies while a camera is behind me and my team mates are stuck in the previous room.

At least having a Ventrilo server helps with it.

But i can see them being an issue for new players with no voice communication options.

Waste of time to kill the cameras, you can just slashdash through the lasers like you said (Sprint > Crouch to slide > Melee). With practice you can just make it a habit to slashdash through all doors in corpus missions, then you don't have to waste bullets on cameras. :)

Oh god you are one of those people. The problem with this is many people don't have the ablity to bypass the cameras and if you run too far ahead they can get stuck pretty bad. Please don't do this. Shoot the cameras early and often.

Fast melee weapons (zorens...daggers...maybe swords) can use their slide->attack animation to bypass doors as well.

It seems that the slower the fire rate of your melee weapon is, the tighter the timing is for clipping through lasers. Example, Dual Zorens are ezpz to clip through doors with, but I have only pulled it off with a Scindo once.

And I will keep bypassing laser doors until they remove them (not saying they should, just saying). Cameras are annoying to find, especially if some slowpoke/speedrunner has triggered a camera and you cant do anything about it.

Even easier than attempting to roll or slash dash through a door is doing a backflip through them. Makes you look cooler too.

For those who don't know how to backflip: aim your weapon, then simultaneously press S and Sprint (S+Shift on the default control scheme).

The reason for the laser gates is so you can laugh at your friends when you rez them after they died to said laser gates. :)

But yes, please shoot the cameras. They even count towards your Killer, Pistol, Rifle, etc. minigoals (is there a purpose to these other than a minor challenge??).

I'd like to hear your definition of 'easy'.

Try the fact that I can pull this off whenever I want, and it takes significantly less effort than timing a slide or roll. So long as you can pull off the button combination I mentioned, you'll be able to get through the gate without issue.

I never knew you could do the slide attack combo to go through them until I read it here. I just don't see an issue with shooting the cameras. It turns off the lasers and it also stops the turrets from firing at you. That just seems like a no brainer.

Try the fact that I can pull this off whenever I want, and it takes significantly less effort than timing a slide or roll. So long as you can pull off the button combination I mentioned, you'll be able to get through the gate without issue.

Sliding/rolling or using abilities allow you keep the pace up. If you're gonna slow down anyway why not just shoot the camera and help your team?

Sliding/rolling or using abilities allow you keep the pace up. If you're gonna slow down anyway why not just shoot the camera and help your team?

I help my team by reducing the number of enemies they have to face ahead. I'm often matched with players who have trouble with survivability, and if I can cut a path for them it all works out. I've also gotten to the point that I'm already turning around for the backflip by the time the door's opening.

If you are using mag, and you are really good at the slide slash, you can literally "pull" your team mates through the laser unharmed. It works well on rescue missions, when you just can't leave the hostage alone with pursuing enemies.

Hate being in a mission and somebody runs way ahead whiel you are looting or something and sets the cameras off that you can't see. Of course if they die they try to blame you for not being there to help them. The other side is they have stirreed everythign thing up behind them and it is waiting for you to come through.