Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Clock, Discussions Of The Community [Youtube] (Ep 89)

Xenogelion

Sixty5 - Do you believe it would be better to nerf the Rhino and Soma or to scale them out by making higher level enemies more common?

I know what you mean though. I really enjoy the Vectis lately and still maintain the Grinlok is a good weapon despite the forum backlash.

Tbh a bit of both. Higher level content is needed anyway, but some items out there still have a disproportionate level of power.

So episode 24 has now been released and can be found on the first post. This week's clan theme is "jaw droppingly awesome" and though I do like mine a lot, nothing truly beats a pitbull with glasses surrounded by fire and lightening.

Ep_24_clan_submission_-_Drew.png Drew's Find

Ep_24_clan_submission_-_Loz.png Loz's Find

Edited by Xenogelion

I agree Earth seems to be gearing up for something. It seems increasingly likely that they will have to make Earth bypassable though, a lot of newer players are already complaining about the difficulty spike. After recently checking out the new tilesets while grinding some equipment I must admit I really love how Earth looks. There was even a map at night and it really did make things hectic, the explosions and lighting effects made for a really nice display.

The T4s were mentioned in the stream and I hope they go with it. Considering a lot of veteran players/strong players cite enemies needing to be at least 40 or 50 to be a challenge currently, a reason to do levels with those as default is worthwhile. As it stood the Rhino parts on the T3 survival forced me and a team to go a full hour to get the drop, and things were pretty exciting towards the end. If nothing else with levels that high complaints the Soma is OP might chill out a bit.

I was originally sceptical that the video was denoting fabric physics since I thought it was prerendered, but you guys make a compelling case. I didn't think it was too bad previously but it would be a nice touch.

Does the water frame seem to have a harpoon gun with a scope? I dunno, it looks like that to me. Sniper Boltor, I would be knee deep in that.

----

For those interested my name is pronounced like (serving) 'trays', or the character Treize from Gundam Wing.

I'll comment more on my entry once it has gone public.

Im so not lingering around the grineer systems site just mashing F5 waiting for today's sneak peak.... 

The gun looks Tenno/orokin in style but we will have to wait and see to know if it is.

What is it that really holds players back at Earth?

Is it still missing mods like +Damage +multi shot?

Is it not being able to craft certain weapons as morphics/neurodes only available rare mats? (guess they could void...)

Also no access to Orokin cells, salavage, nanospores, Plastids at that point in the game?

Skill and time?

Only Rhino as available next frame...

Or are the mobs to hard?

Or jsut not enough time player to get fusion power to upgrade mods? 

Or All of the above?

(would removing any one of those fix it is what I am thinking or is the problem just everything compounded?)

Edited by MDRLOz

Im so not lingering around the grineer systems site just mashing F5 waiting for today's sneak peak.... 

The gun looks Tenno/orokin in style but we will have to wait and see to know if it is.

What is it that really holds players back at Earth?

Is it still missing mods like +Damage +multi shot?

Is it not being able to craft certain weapons as morphics/neurodes only available rare mats? (guess they could void...)

Also no access to Orokin cells, salavage, nanospores, Plastids at that point in the game?

Skill and time?

Only Rhino as available next frame...

Or are the mobs to hard?

Or jsut not enough time player to get fusion power to upgrade mods? 

Or All of the above?

(would removing any one of those fix it is what I am thinking or is the problem just everything compounded?)

Well you kinda mentioned all of it, but the most serious problem IMO........

- The enemies. Hellion and Eviscerator spells trouble for new player. This two can wreck Tenno quickly, and better in later planets

- Interception is not new Tenno-friendly, and IMO best suited in later planets

- Rhino is kinda good solution to pass Earth, but even when they gather all of Rhino parts, they need to get Control Module and Neural Sensors, which needs you to pass two Interception nodes. See my points above

- Access to weapons and mods available when they enter Earth is limited. Firepower limited, and see above.

In general, DE made the Earth to be a challenge, but kinda forget that planet is the first hub for new Tenno. as a result, new players are getting the end of the stick. After Venus, which is a step up in diffculty after Mercury, they faced Earth, which is WAY too difficult at that moment for new Tenno.

I agree that the longer they play, they can adapt to this kind of situation more quickly. But do all of them have that patience?

Edited by Lorche

From what I can gather it seems to be a series of things.

Personally I have not had the issues with the Grineer procs other people have, though do acknowledge it means you have to mod in vitality or risk getting bodied. I have been leveling up my Rhino Prime recently [after the god damn nightmare it was to farm] so I guess I can't really comment on that sort of thing though.

Seems earlier damage mods is a thing that will happen, and god speed on that one. When I started that was a huge issue, Split Chambers sold for 60+ plat sometimes. The fact I have several now is a positive thing, IMO, the g3 have a pretty high droprate for them. I fully support that the difficulty of Serration and Split shouldn't be getting them but in leveling them up and in turn the difficulty of fitting them into builds [without forma].

I personally think that any modes that require multiple Tenno to beat the missions [defence, mobile defence, interception] should not be on the 'main path' through a planet, but be branch offs. This means if you want to power through solo doing Rescues and Sabotage and Exts you can, while the other modes you can clan or PUG through.

That said I get the impression from a lot of feedback I've seen through the forums that when good players go back and play the starting levels with low tier gear they try to do them solo. This really baffles me... statements like 'if it hadn't been for the PUG I wouldn't have passed the mission' strikes me as really odd, personally I think that is exactly what this game is about.

As a 'good' player if I play Apollo and someone new asks for a taxi or some help I will always say yes, I've met some cool players like that. I get the impression most older players would do the same and when I started I had some rank 10s help me learn to play. It strikes me as a circle of life kind of thing.

I would like to see the game put a bigger emphasis on new players joining clans, like really make it clear how to do it. When I started looking for one i was already MR2 and had a Rhino so I had done a lot of the harder early game leg work myself, but the Clans are perfect ways for new players to share in the knowledge base of their team mates. The clan i currently belong to gets new people in all the time and we help them out with lower level stuff and do what we can to get them into the system, I feel that is the easiest way to make this game approachable for new players [getting old players to do all the work].

Aw yeah! Cutie Mark Crusaders!

My clan. <3

Edit: Okay, I'm totally surprised that badge came from me. 

In all seriousness though, regarding the delay, it was definitely quite painful. The hype was amazing, and I told my brother to expect it in that week, and we were totally prepared to begin smashing S#&amp;&#036; up. I figure it's the same for everyone, and the big reveal being a count-down timer was harsh on my love cells. I think that really hurt everyone in the same way, with the troll countdown. They really should take some tips from the community regarding the way they communicate and share info. 

But, hey, after the disappointment, I got over it pretty quick. I actually admire the fact that our Update has gotten so big the developers would risk such an uproar just to streamline whatever needs to be pushed out; The reasons and communication issues aside, I actually began to feel it held much more promise than I thought it originally did, and they wouldn't do this unless it was absolutely crucial. My take on whether they knew they did or didn't know it will be delayed is pretty simple: I think they expected that it might happen, but they tried their best not to go there. But when the day came, they realised they couldn't finish everything, it was too much to chew, and they had to go with their contingency plan. Overall, it was planned ahead for, but still, it was a painful, painful ordeal.

Then came Devstream #26... Mind = Blown.

And all was forgiven.

I'm actually looking forward to a few things now: Trying out all my old melee weapons, going back to my ether daggers, and possibly old weapons like the machete and the dual ethers themselves out of retirement. I think it makes a lot of sense to bring those back out, now, considering Damage 2.0 and Melee 2.0 just gave these weapons a niche area.

Basically, what I'm going to be doing the next 100 hours of Warframe is playing everything with melee only.

It is going to be glorious.

Edited by Calayne

I was actually uncharacteristically hyped for U13 last week, I even stayed up for the hype, but in all honesty, i can't say I was hugely dissapointed by the delay, of by the seeming lack of dev response, but then again, I am a patient person.

I have no idea what was actually going on in the DE offices in the time leading up to last wednesday, so I can't really comment there, but stuff happens, and it can throw off your expectations quite a bit.

I'm actually pretty happy that it was delayed until after the livestream though, and I'm actually even more pumped for it because of actually having seen all of it.

The new melee system is visually stunning, and mechanically interesting, and has already far exceeded the expectations I had of it.

The new frame actually looks like he could have some interesting ability synergy between spash dash and puddle IF the wave actually groups enemies up, and I already have ideas in mind of how to abuse puddle. As for lore, well give me 10 minutes and I'll have half a page on how his stuff works.

Anyways, great video as always, I look forward to the next one (and now I'm off to watch Game of Thrones)

I missed the last two -_-

Ah well. Most probably type those two replies in here.

- Well, breaking news: We won apparently. To be honest, (like most of us concluded), that poll brings a lot more harm to us than good. We can see clearly how childish,immature, and savage we are for just a poll. That, is a warning (in my opinion) about how our mentality we. And don't forget the stuff we may (or not) did to other communities. Thankfully, it was resolved; and in the end of the day, we gained new Tennos from other games. But its totally clear that this poll is no longer about what game is more fun to players.

And I personally love that this poll ended. Also, Asia's being weird again. I'm deeply sorry for my brethen........

- Okay, the delay. One thing that I believe, that too much hype is bad. Well, DE worked to meet our hype, and we just rising the hype. It's a bad circle. The Badlands probably are the last addition last Wednesday to corresponds to our hype, and it causes some bugs. DE probably trying to fix that ASAP, to meet the Update time. While they usually do the 'Bethesda' move, this time they don't because of the hype. And actually, the hype's too big. Hope this last hype will the lesson for both sides

Players &!$$ed off about the 'troll clock', but in their rage, they don't see the apologizing post (which needed better placing, instead of the hype thread). DE could inform the delay in a more smart and elegant way, but they didn't. In a nutshell, DE's communication are somewhat sooooooo bad than usual that day, and players are hyping too far. Both sides deserved the blame for the delay, in a sense.

Good thing the livestream show us about the new system. And, I'm simply speechless.

Besides some regular whining, if DE put less 'Bethesda' moment on each update, and throw out such quality content from now on, next year we could be releasing our 'beta' title. Just saying.

Also, my Bo and Ankyros are ready for the new system.

P.S.: Apparently, there's actually people who wanted the Melee to be the way it was.

- Badlands should be Badlands. Dark Sector is for later stuff. And time to 'beta-testing' it this Wednesday

- Kinda afraid Hek would be too complicated to new players. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Lorche

I was indeed pretty hype, I happened to have that day free [normally I am at work when they do updates, it is usually sometime midday Thursday where I am] and when I woke up and saw the explosion on facebook, twitter and the forums I will admit that my first response was literally to sigh really loudly and roll my eyes.

The ensuing madness, particularly in the hype thread, seemed to be two very distinct posts: the 'we pay DEs wages' anger posts and the 'we should thank DE just for trying' posts. Both are true and the reality of the situation is probably somewhere in the middle, though as a F2P game the line is a little murkier.

I will admit that the Devstream really got me hype for Melee2.0 in a way I hadn't been previously. I am a big DMC fan and 'beat' combos [ones where you leave pauses] are a good way to deal with melee systems in a game like this. I had to laugh when they said 'oh yeah it plays well on control pads as well', considering it is DMC jnr. From what I have seen they've done plenty to make it sufficiently unique... besides, Warframe was never about originality per se, it was just everything we liked mashed together [sPACE NINJA SQUAD SHOOTER MELEE SYSTEMS OH YEAH].It is interesting that the system is already getting criticism from some players, particularly for the Channeling drawing from energy pool [though their arguments weren't all that convincing so far].

That said the stream definitely demonstrated that yeah, there was no way they were going to be ready last week. Even if you ignore the balancing, there just seemed to be so many things up in the air.

I agree on Vey Hek being a seperate key. The shipyard set would be nice but the stream seemed to suggest that they were not sure it would be ready on time, so I am guessing it won't be. A key only Earth map would work for me, those levels are really pretty.

I'll admit that this week killed a lot of the drive to play the game that I had previously, mainly because it was so silly a scenario. I'm willing to forgive it though since the reality is that weekly updates are amazing, and compared to the other MMOs I've played previously even this level of SNAFU is tame.

Edit: Re the poll thing, man I did not care even in the slightest. The reward being more potatoes though... eye roll central.

Edited by Traeyze

So a few things before I address anyone individually. YEY! we won the MMOBomb Ultimate FPS showdown, daft though how many penis' made their way into the twitch chat though. Regardless it's great to see the community come together, close the gap and even surpass SMITE.

I never truly had an issue with DE delaying the patch, heck I would have been happy waiting end of April as I've still got a lot of Prime stuff I need to farm. My problem was we had this focal point of everyone's attention, the Grineer Systems page; everyone was watching it like a hawk and then suddenly this count down timer just magically appeared. I was chatting with friends in PGO, we sat down and stared at this counter. We quite quickly worked out that the first digit was 7 but what did it mean, was it 7 million seconds? 7 million milliseconds? was it even a count down timer. Then it dawned on us that it wasn't, in fact it was a display that represented the number of days when the patch would go live. My anger stemmed from the fact that this system loads of people were keenly following Trolled us real good.

Now considering how many people I knew were using the Grineer systems page, why didn't DE throw up an apology message up on there? It just turned into this count-down-ception which has been coined on the forum. That was my biggest annoyance, a system used initially to inform people didn't get used for the most crucial information. However, for me I have honestly forgiven DE for this slight faux pas and I'm exited for Update 13 to be coming out today.

@Calayne:

Wow, 100 hours as Melee only, that's quite a commitment.

@Sixty5:

Actually one thing you said made me think, can puddle form swallow more than one enemy at a time?

@Lorche:

Actually someone posted this on the twitch chat and I have to agree, "the Warframe community is great, the SMITE community is great, the community you have to hold at arms length is the Twitch community". In all honesty I completely agree with that, I keep away from twitch because the number of people trolling on there is just too much.

@Traeyze:

Actually I didn't really do it for DE to give us any prizes, I wanted Warframe to win because I'd like Warframe to get the publicity from winning. If DE were going to do a prize for winning I think it would have been nice to sell us for for plat a Badge of the MMOBomb bomb or maybe of the other game logo's we beat along the way (I mostly mean the icon you'd see in steam).

Really the MMObomb this was about which games fanbase could get more hyped, not which game was better, though a better game is more likely to have a fanbase that can produce that hype.

And I can say 100% that this community can get really hyped, much more so than most other communities.

I spent a decent amount of time in the twitch chat spamming caps and building the hype, so some of the bad behaviour might have been partially my fault, though I don't advocate flaming other games simply because they are other games.

Also Puddle can swallow multiple enemies, it was in part of the stream. Puddle all the things.

In other news, I decided to give the old melee system a send-off today by doing a 40 minute melee based survival run with some council chat people. 

tbh we don't go into that much detail about it but I really do like it. I'm desperate for Tranquil Cleave but it won't fudging drop. Even though one of my clannies got it twice in like 15 minutes. I tried the uncommon Scythe stance and really liked it. Really want a Katana one though.

tbh we don't go into that much detail about it but I really do like it. I'm desperate for Tranquil Cleave but it won't fudging drop. Even though one of my clannies got it twice in like 15 minutes. I tried the uncommon Scythe stance and really liked it. Really want a Katana one though.

Same here! I really put the farm in Warfarm. The scythe's stance lacks oomph in sound effect though! There's hardly any feedback from the blade getting embedded into the ground.

On the other hand, dual swords rocks, fists rock, and I'm hunting for Crimson Dervish and Iron Phoenix. I love long swords. <3

So many stances, so little time!

On another hand, Vay Hek rocks. I didn't spoiler myself before fighting him, and I got my friends and bro to just use their favorite non-godmode frames and it really gave us a run for our money! It was just really, really fun. Good voice acting, excellent multiphase boss fight. I particularly enjoyed the drones' variety that's deployed by Hek! The orbital strikes really hit the spot!

All in all, big love for this update. Dark sectors brought back infested, too! Loving it big time.

My only gripe is delta beacon drop rates... it is sooooo S#&amp;&#036;.

Yeah this weeks epsiode may feel a bit off. Had to record very late Friday night and poor Xeno was tired. I was also not at my main machine so did not have any clan emblems to show. 

Come to think of it should have let Xeno get an easy win. Maybe we should do double next week? 

We held off into going to far into Melee 2.0 and dark sectors. We feel more time is needed to get a good opinion on how they are. Also lets us see some cool threads appear. Today we can now see how dark sectors competitions work. Go check out those spectres if you have not already. 

Edited by MDRLOz

I actually took a week off Warframe due to work recently so today was my first chance to play through any of the new content. It was a good update, though as you guys touch on is a mixed bag in terms of content depth.

I like they brought out a new resource, I've felt for some time they needed to. I still think they need to do more with the stockpiled Oxium we have, but for some reason anytime requires it the forums explode. Anyway, the half life [science aside] is an interesting dynamic. Drop rate is a little tight, it took me two 20 minute T1survivals to get 3, but I didn't have a Nekros with me, but that just made getting them and building my katana all the more rewarding... or something.

Stances are a funny one... I got the katana stance on my second Earth survival, but on the other hand I have done a lot of Ceres maps and not gotten the dual sword stance, I got the uncommon dual sword stance on my first Jupiter survival. I think it is one of those mileage may vary kind of things.

One of the youtubers I follow noted that the uncommon stances are often just watered down versions of the Rare stances. I don't have any issue with that per se, though it does scream 'artificial bloat', but I wish the uncommon/crap stances dropped a whole lot easier so that at the very least you get the basic stances easy. The fact the rare mods have better movesets AND tend to be a better polarity is more than enough reason to go and hunt them later while still giving everyone a look at the new system so they can try it out.

For the nav thing, yeah, it was nice to see it actually go through. I'm going to note that trying to farm the navs without a Nekros is really tedious, though luckily since I logged in today I've seen more Nekroses then I have in the entire time I've played the game put together. Even with them it still took me a few runs to get enough of the rare navs.

Considering it claims to 'triangulate' the coordinates of Hek, odd considering it uses 4 pieces, you also have to wonder why they didn't split the pieces across the starmap, one for each planet etc. A bit of a wasted oppertunity IMO, though it is fun grinding Ceres for them considering it is still a fun challenge and this isn't an update that dooms us to 3 more weeks of nothing but Void runs.

I personally think DE is still having trouble deciding on whether it wants the Codex to be useful and forcing players to rely on data mining. Actually, maybe that is just me being cynical, maybe it is just difficult. Regardless, I really don't have a single ounce of interest in the codex and still rely on the wiki for everything, so the week break helped let them catch up.

Transmutation has always been an issue. It is costly and the constant crap results puts a lot of people off. Frankly I have wasted far too many rare mods getting ammo drums in return, it is not even the money or the mods that concerns me... it is the heartache.

I like the idea of upgrading existing weapons with the new BPs, I was always perplexed that the Primes didn't do the same. I do think the potato should carry over though, that is really frustrating.

My katana just finished building so I will try it and the stance out and work out what I think of the new system now.

dude, I've spoken with you on Alliance chat! I'll be home in about 5 hours if you want to get the Iron Pheonix from me then.

Haha, maybe next time! Just stopped, since the server seems a bit wonky, and it's about 2am here. And we had that chat before the Alliance was reorganized, I think! It was pretty chaotic, way too many alliances. Think all the warlords decided they wanted something smaller?

But anyways, that's clan politics, which is no topic for a place as entertaining as this (And also somewhat educational). Hope to see you in-game soon! And perhaps with a less volatile internet connection, too!