Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Weapon Enquiry

KaZuK

Question

Hey, I’m not sure if this has been covered somewhere else, but here goes...

Take for example I wanted to buy a Braton and I could either spend Credits or Platinum, what would be the benefits? I understand that all weapons/warframes bought with plat come with a “potato”, do I also get to keep the weapon slot in my inventory? Because when I bought a warframe for plat, I still had one spare warframe slot.

Next question, with the installed mods for the Braton what defines the markings on each mod slot? The Braton I got for credits doesn’t have any slots with markings on them, so all the mods i want to use will be full price, is this all pre defined, or does it differ if the weapon is bought with plat or is it even possible to add the markings to the slots?

I’m just trying to understand the best way for me to spend my platinum e.g. should I buy weapons with credits and then add the potato to them (which would save me real money) or are there hidden benefits I’m not seeing.

Thanks for any feedback! :)

3 answers to this question

No, you do not retain your weapon slot when you buy a weapon with platinium, and yes they come supercharged which is awesome..

No, the installed mods do not define the markings in each slot.. And you can't add markings..

And if you're gonna buy a weapon with platinium, choose Boltor, or HEK.. I believe those are the best rifle and shotgun atm ^^

No, you do not retain your weapon slot when you buy a weapon with platinium, and yes they come supercharged which is awesome..

No, the installed mods do not define the markings in each slot.. And you can't add markings..

And if you're gonna buy a weapon with platinium, choose Boltor, or HEK.. I believe those are the best rifle and shotgun atm ^^

Okay, thank you! But for my second question i still don't understand. Say i have a Burston and in the top left mod slot it's a "V", do all Burstons have a V there and no other markings on any other slot? As this could effect my weapon choice if mod capacity is an issue :P (I'm fairly new, so i'm not really sure if it will be).

Also I'm using a bolto as a secondry so i'd rather not go for the Boltor and i'm not a fan of shotgun gameplay :( so i'm thinking about getting the Gorgon at some point.

Okay, thank you! But for my second question i still don't understand. Say i have a Burston and in the top left mod slot it's a "V", do all Burstons have a V there and no other markings on any other slot? As this could effect my weapon choice if mod capacity is an issue :P (I'm fairly new, so i'm not really sure if it will be).

Also I'm using a bolto as a secondry so i'd rather not go for the Boltor and i'm not a fan of shotgun gameplay :( so i'm thinking about getting the Gorgon at some point.

All Bratons have the same affinity layout (which is the symbol in the upper right of a blank mod card space). To generalize, all identical items (weapons/warframes) will have the same affinity layout for their mods.

Edited by honeybadger